To kill a mockingbird essay topicsPaper Rating: Word Count: 1047 Approx Pages: 4
- evidence proves innocence “> found guilty
- when he tried to escape, shot 17 times (p. 241)
"Mr. Underwood simply figured it was a sin to kill a cripple, he linked Tom's death to the sensless slaughter of songbirds by hunters...
Scout knows Mr. Underwood also indicating that the Whole town killed Tom by never giving him a chance...
- wanted to live his life with a black woman he loves
- town's prejudice ways, pretended to be drunk (p.200)
"Some folks don't like the way I live buy I don't say the hell with them, I try to give them..
- disconnects with the outside world (by father)
- suffers from his parents separation and unwillingness to live and accept him
- quit school (faters), to help around the house
- father spends all money on drinks and abuses her as well (p.191)
Scout says "Mayella must have been the loneliest person in the world. Even more lonelier than Boo Radely
"Mocking Birds don't do one thing but make music...
- judge Taylor chooses Atticus to defend Tom Robinson = justice
- quit school (father), to help around the house “> takes care of siblings = justice
- father locked up Arthur = injustice
- sentenced to jail with blacks = injustice to Mr. Radley
- punishes Scout and explains what everyone knew = injustice
- tells Scout she's not allowed to read at home = injustice
- uses reverse racism against Jem and Scout = injustice
- tries his best to defend Tom Robinson = justice
- treats everybody equally = justice
- teats blacks and Ewells with class = justice
- helps Mrs. Dubose regardless what she's says = Justice