To kill a mockingbird essay topicsPaper Rating: Word Count: 1047 Approx Pages: 4
- evidence proves innocence “> found guilty
- when he tried to escape, shot 17 times (p. 241)
"Mr. Underwood simply figured it was a sin to kill a cripple, he linked Tom's death to the sensless slaughter of songbirds by hunters...
Scout knows Mr. Underwood also indicating that the Whole town killed Tom by never giving him a chance...
- wanted to live his life with a black woman he loves
- town's prejudice ways, pretended to be drunk (p.200)
"Some folks don't like the way I live buy I don't say the hell with them, I try to give them..
- disconnects with the outside world (by father)
- suffers from his parents separation and unwillingness to live and accept him
- quit school (faters), to help around the house
- father spends all money on drinks and abuses her as well (p.191)
Scout says "Mayella must have been the loneliest person in the world. Even more lonelier than Boo Radely