- evidence proves innocence â€“> found guilty.
- when he tried to escape, shot 17 times (p.
Underwood simply figured it was a sin to kill a cripple, he linked Tomâ€™s death to the sensless slaughter of songbirds by hunters.â€.
Scout knows Mr. Underwood also indicating that the Whole town killed Tom by never giving him a chance. .
MR. DOLPHUS RAYMOND.
- wanted to live his life with a black woman he loves.
- townâ€™s prejudice ways, pretended to be drunk (p.200).
â€œSome folks donâ€™t like the way I live buy I donâ€™t say the hell with them, I try to give them.â€.
ARTHUR â€œBOOâ€ RADLEY.
- disconnects with the outside world (by father).
- town sees him as an ogre .
- Chp.7, more details.
- innocent child.
- suffers from his parents separation and unwillingness to live and accept him .
- innocent 18yrs old.
- quit school (faters), to help around the house.
- father spends all money on drinks and abuses her as well (p.191).
Scout says â€œMayella must have been the loneliest person in the world. Even more lonelier than Boo Radelyâ€.
- suffers from death of husband.
- harassed by Bob Ewell (p.40).
â€œMocking Birds donâ€™t do one thing but make music.â€.
- judge Taylor chooses Atticus to defend Tom Robinson = justice.
- quit school (father), to help around the houseâ€“> takes care of siblings = justice.
- all white jury = injustice.
- Tom convicted .
- father locked up Arthur = injustice.
- sentenced to jail with blacks = injustice to Mr. Radley .
- town gossip.
- punishes Scout and explains what everyone knew = injustice.
- tells Scout sheâ€™s not allowed to read at home = injustice.
- uses reverse racism against Jem and Scout = injustice.
- tries his best to defend Tom Robinson = justice.
- treats everybody equally = justice.
- teats blacks and Ewells with class = justice.
- helps Mrs.