1. 1. Be familiar with the rules of the competition. What are the requirements (how many words, topic, etc.)
2. Follow the rules of essay writing. Your essay will need a thesis statement, a strong introduction, well-structured body paragraphs, and a solid conclusion.
3. Know your topic. If you're writing an essay on chocolate addiction, run a Google search and collect some helpful resources. Here are a few:
4. Write a rough draft or two before you finalize your essay. This will help you perfect your work.
5. Be sure to submit your essay before the deadline!