No results matched every word — showing papers matching any of them.
... an unfair standard. In the beginning he is also nave of the situation which the Nuer are in. They see him as an employee of the government and this is a hindrance to his study. In addition to being insulted by their manners on an individual basis, he also comments on the simplicity of their culture. He adds that "Nuer social organization ... ...
... well schooled not to discussed." (p. 83) How is it that a mother and daughter would not discuss how they felt after a death in the family? This inability to express emotion and hindrance of emotional growth is not natural; Conway's mother had trained stoicism into her children. In terms of education, Conway's mother came to resent her daughter's academic success. She was self ... ...
... weakness such as pity, they were of no use to me. I let myself close inward toward my family and felt as if I would never open. Moreover, I saw my family as a hindrance to my freedom. I felt that if any problem was in my way I could eventually go around it. Therefore, I went around my parents, rather than through them, by being a closed person ... ...
... probably ever was. One cannot help but think what if Ethan had not married Zeena, he would have probably married Mattie, what if? It is always that question that is a hindrance on everyone's lives. Ethan deals with so many issues that impede him from his utopia. Whether it is his annoying wife, his inability to communicate or money does not matter ... ...
... condition, she would be far from these hills and good country people- (187). Joy must feel awkward with a prosthetic leg and her self image is not that high. This is a hindrance that many people with disabilities must face. People are not always what they appear to be, to others or even to their own self. Character flaws can help determine what ... ...