Paraphrase: to read or listen to the text of someone else, comprehend it, and put it in your own words. Usually, the words you use to paraphrase make the message of the speaker more simply understood.
Paraphrase these quotes.
1. Quote about Higgins, page 34: "He is, in fact, but for his years and size, rather like a very impetuous baby "taking notice" eagerly and loudly, and requiring almost as much watching to keep him out of unintended mischief."" "For his size and for his age, Mr. Higgins is an impatient and forceful baby, that likes getting attention and requires people to watch him in order to keep him out of trouble."" .
2. Quote about Higgins, page 34: "His manner varies from genial bullying when he is in a good humor to stormy petulance when anything goes wrong."" "His manners vary from cheerful bullying when in a good mood and when something is wrong he is impatient- .
3. Quote about Liza, page 36: "The pathos of this deplorable figure, with its innocent vanity and consequential air, touches Pickering."" "The sympathy of this wretched figure (Liza), with its pride and importance, affected the emotions of Pickering."" .
4. Quote about Higgins, page 36: "But as to Higgins, the only distinction he makes between men and women is that when he is neither bullying nor exclaiming to the heavens against some featherweight cross, he coaxes women as a child coaxes its nurse when it wants to get anything out of her."" "But to Higgins, the only difference he makes between men and women is that when he's not bullying or disagreeing and fighting over small things, he tries to persuade women as a child persuades it's nurse when it wants to get anything out of her."".
5. Quote about Doolittle, page 53: "He has well marked and rather interesting features, and seems equally free from fear and conscience. He has a remarkably expressive voice, the result of a habit of giving vent to his feelings without reserve.