Specific Purpose: At the end of my speech, the audience will be able to describe in detail the stages of Audrey Hepburn's life.
Central Idea: Although Audrey Hepburn struggled through many difficulties in her life she overcame all of them and achieved her goals.
I. "I was born on the forth of May 1929 and I died three weeks later."" .
II. Audrey Hepburn said this because three weeks after her birth her heart stopped and was saved by her mother slapping her on the back.
III. Like many of us, just when things are going fine for her something stops her. .
IV. The more I researched her the more I saw how this quote fits perfectly into the life of Audrey Hepburn. .
V. Her strength and strong will helps her overcome war, eating disorders, divorce, miscarriages, and the struggle to accomplish her dream.
I. Audrey had a unique childhood unlike many others.
A. Her father was an English banker and her mother was a Dutch baroness.
1. Her father was rumored to have embezzled some of her mother's funds.
2. When Audrey was ten years old her parents divorced.
3. She remained in London with her father.
B. Audrey's first love was ballet.
1. She studied at the Arnhem Conservatory of Music and Dance.
2. She was very disciplined and dedicated to ballet in hopes of one day becoming a ballerina.
3. Her dreams were crushed though when a dance teacher told her that she was to tall and lacked basic technique to become a professional dancer.
4. Audrey continued to practice.
C. During World War II Audrey moved to Holland with her mother.
1. Her mother was told by the Queen that Hitler would never invade Holland.
2. She had been misinformed however because Holland was invaded soon after.
3. Audrey was forced to hide in a cellar for close to three weeks without any food. .
a. This would one day cause her to have an eating disorder.
b. She would feel the need to conquer hunger instead of giving into it much like she did in the cellar.
D. After the war Audrey and her mother moved to London.