No results matched every word — showing papers matching any of them.
... my books, papers, syllabi and assignment, the thought of plagiarism crossed my mind. As much as I hate to admit it, the ease of copying another paper, using their words as my own, seemed quite easy. At first not thinking of the implications. The more I thought about it, the more I came ... us want other people to solve our problems, with as little work on our part as possible. "How much easier it would have been to have taken a paper written on a moral dilemma, and changed it to fit my own needs." I kept telling myself. "You've run out of time." I kept telling ... others to know me as. ...
... of Blair's actions displays how the reporter started with the fabrication of quotes in November, lying about his whereabouts in March, plagiarism of another paper in April and finally in May, his career as a journalist and reporter was over. The article, Times Reporter Who Resigned Leaves Long Trail ... for The New York Times fraudulently and carelessly. He repeatedly made errors, mistakes in articles and clashed with other reporters and editors at the paper. He was warned that he was too careless and sloppy in his work and appearance. He was constantly reprimanded, demoted for his cont...
... . In order to achieve the above aim, I researched several articles on this issue, and chose four articles to base my paper on. Each of these articles will be of great use to me regarding the points I want to make in my paper. In order to be sure of the sources that I will use, I will be measuring their similarities and differences in this ... in MSNBC because of its distance and objectivity. The article called "Can Humans Be Cloned Like Sheep?- published by Probe Ministries, is one of the best articles for my research paper. The author, Ray Bohlin (1997), who has a B.S. in Zoology and a ...
... . In order to achieve the above aim, I researched several articles on this issue, and chose four articles to base my paper on. Each of these articles will be of great use to me regarding the points I want to make in my paper. In order to be sure of the sources that I will use, I will be measuring their similarities and differences in this ... in MSNBC because of its distance and objectivity. The article called "Can Humans Be Cloned Like Sheep?- published by Probe Ministries, is one of the best articles for my research paper. The author, Ray Bohlin (1997), who has a B.S. in Zoology and a ...
Introduction This paper will discuss two professional ethical dilemmas about different situations at the Agency that I have worked for. I will discuss the dilemmas and propose a resolution to ... for many businesses, but with a rapidly growing global market, companies can't afford to continue to operate in this manner. Each of the cases in this paper will show the many problems supervisors and teachers face in an attempt to create an ethical environment. For some this is a difficult task. As spoken on earlier ... in this paper, every employee has the responsibility of helping a agency grow. ...
... . Instead, decisions should be made on a case-by-case basis, with each individual doing what he or she feels to be the right thing to do at the time. This paper, however, will focus on the more common form of deontology, rule deontology. Rule deontology maintains that "there are or can be rules" that can be followed when making ethical decisions ... asserts that there are no rules, and that because each person is an individual, with different beliefs and experiences, people must decide what is right in each distinct situation. This paper, however, will concentrate on rule utilitarianism....
... them! Is it another defeat? Another nightmare like I grew up with?". The fact that Heisenberg struggles so deeply with this moral dilemma places him in a perfect role for Shapin's paper. From his obvious pain regarding the morality of his actions it is clear that Heisenberg is what Shapin would define as "morally ordinary"; an individual who, despite being ... that the world would be a drastically different place. Scientists have the ability to both create and destroy. If Heisenberg hadn't struggled with the morality of developing a bomb for Hitler, this paper would probably be written ...
... case that involved the opinions of many. This case raises a number of questions as to why it occurred and the general idea that people allowed it to occur. In this paper, I will be examining the decisions behind this case as to why it was kept a secret from so many. I will also be introducing and analyzing the view of utilitarianism in relation ... and choices involved. Later I will present, and then defend, my argument to ultimately reach the conclusion that a utilitarian's view of the Penn State child abuse scandal should be rejected. My paper will contain the following: first, I will...
... well as objections made and responses to them analyzed, I will now state which theory is more compelling and why. Act utilitarianism can be seen in two mediums, as a theory on paper and as a functioning doctrine as applied to everyday life decisions. In the debate concerning act utilitarianism to be too permissible and causing a blur in what is right and wrong, the ... unreliable nature due to predicting the outcomes of actions and the chance that its consequences may not provide the greater good for the larger majority. Act utilitarianism as a theory on paper would win the debate due t...
... argument, not to get off track. I feel that the virtues and values looked at a different view were important to do for me to learn. I would not have expected to do a paper on ethics over a debate that I watched. It was something for me to pinpoindebate that I watched. It was something for me to pinpoint and redirect my attention to a different area of ... communication and apply my skill to this paper. The ethical values hidden, and then brought out, were fascinating to uncover. The understanding and viewpoints have all become clearer and can be held together by all involved....
... such moral problems. As ethical health care professionals search for these alternative moral solutions, they employ the moral foundations and decision-making tools previously discussed in this paper. Throughout the process of writing this paper, it has become clear to me that many questions have yet to be answered. However, I have found the process of merely asking the difficult questions to be ... ...
... weapon to a young person is an affirmation of trust rather than suspicion. Why do karate classes for kids work? Why don't they lead to an epidemic of juvenile murders? This paper can't present a definitive answer. But I want to suggest some possibilities and use them to draw analogies for computer education. One probable reason is that every person responds to his or ... , as opposed to a bunch of isolated, independent microcomputer users. Whether this means timesharing or a network of personal computers with a shared file server is a technical question beyond the scope of this paper. Bu...
... Gen/480 October 8, 2003 Ethical and Moral Choices What are ethics? How do they shape our decisions? These are important question that will be addressed over the course of this paper. The author will give personal views and feeling regarding her own ethical choices and learning's. Additionally, the theories of Lawrence Kohlberg will be overviewed as an ethical influence in the ... ...
... situation as a result of that balance, he will be happy. Can you be happy, can you ever truly be happy? This question has been debated over time, and in this paper I have stated how Aristotle has tried to prove this theory. But can it really be attained? Throughout time people have claimed to have been happy, and it is universally known ... of what things we must do in our lives to be happy; be just, virtuous, and morally right. Let me present a situation; this paper I have written has taken me long hours to complete, and I have had some pains in writing it, but I write it to achieve a ...
... someone against the temptation to do wrong is kind of hard to pinpoint. The two-in-one basically says that the two positive statements found at the begining of this paper are equal to each other and intertwine in meaning. For you are your worst critic so if you were to do wrong to another you would be stuck critizing yourself ... city could have learned about themselves and persoanl morals had there be others as active in the studies of philosophy as Socrates. Enduringly we have reached the conclusion of this paper. I have covered the two positive statements , and my opinions on the sig...
... concerned, but there are definately instances where your personal beliefs may win over in the situation, where morally you cannot follow the guidelines set forth for you. In this particular paper it is for me to look at a situation where my own personal beliefs are conflicted with these certain principles. Personally, after reviewing the principles, I see nothing that conflicts with me ... what it's worth, but they will not hesitate to use Western medicine whenever necessary, but this particualr patient doesn't believe that is the case in this instance. In concluding this paper, I belie...
Ethics in Management What is the status of ethics in management? This is a very hard question to address in a two to three page paper because there is no definite answer. As with many society-wide concerns, ethics runs the entire spectrum of behaviors; from Wal-Mart being very customer oriented and a friend of charity ... sender and the recipient without the recipient's permission. The cost to the sender is simply the cost of a telephone call. While the cost to the recipient is the cost of paper, ink, and power to receive the call in addition to the loss of use of the machine during receptio...
... for legal reasons. Employee rights are a very complex issue in that managers should be able to deal with any situation and must have an understanding of ethical conditions. In this paper, I will be discussing the rights of employees in their workplace as it is an important issue in the field of business ethics. I will also provide some suggestions on how to ... are familiar with the "at-will" concept, but this right does not mean that employers should blithely terminate without giving a reason or without following normal policies and procedures. In this paper, I will explain the major p...
... when an employee has worked for a covered employer for at least twelve months and 1250 hours during the twelve-month period prior to the requested leave. The thesis of my paper is that legislation regulating the employment relationship may serve as an ethical basis for human resource decisions by employers. The Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 (FMLA) provides an ... in complying with family medical leave laws may then serve as the basis for ethical human resource decisions in areas not currently regulated by family medical leave laws. In this paper I will explore the relationship be...
... puts it in scientific terminology that is difficult to contradict. The action of dying becomes concrete and has no room for interpretation. As readers get into the "meat" of the paper, that author takes a bolder position against the dead donor rule. By this time, the author has supported his stance with logical claims and has gained credibility and trust by the ... doctor right before he takes a bold stance on the dead donor issue, suggests to readers that he is an informed speaker that has an objective and educated perspective. Throughout the paper, the author defines death and its par...
... itself, can conform to the requirements of universal validity. Kant is hoping to make a moral doctrine free from selfish motives. The definition of a selfish motive for the purposes of this paper is as follows: any action taken with consideration of personal feelings or personal relations. In order for an action to be taken from duty alone, there cannot be any residual ... , a selfless motive, and telling the truth could certainly bring someone in direct physical harm. While this situation is often the moral conundrum in several movies, for the purposes of this paper I will call this mor...
... busy, and (c) fills out all his TPS cover sheets flawlessly and on time. Then there are the little things we're all familiar with: FAX machines that display a "paper jam" error when no paper is jammed anywhere, bosses whose smooth-talking voices threaten to induce instant catatonia, computers that take forever to shut down, and the use of Tetris as an antidote ... ...
Nicomachean Ethics explains that every human action results in an end in that one considers good. The highest ends, in which all humans aim for their own sake, are considered the final good. The study of the final good is part of political science, due to the fact that politics is part of securing the highest ends for human life. Happiness is the final good because one chooses happiness as a sufficient end itself. Being intelligent and having virtue are not just good themselves, but good because it is what makes man happy. The final good is happiness, but every human has their own belief of wh...
Many people associate business and its practices with greed and love for profit, which most of the times is directly related to immorality. In this paper I will try to answer the question "Is business ethics an oxymoron?" by examining four ethical approaches: Utilitarianism, Kantianism, Virtue Ethics and Machiavellianism and their evaluation of the morality ... ...