No results matched every word — showing papers matching any of them.
AE Housman Reading this poem I had several different impressions. First reading it in a literal aspect I saw a child who ran races and perhaps won. Even if he didn't win he was made to feel like a winner. "And home we bought you shoulder high" (line 4) this says they bought him home proudly but not necessarily that he won. Next something happens to the runner that makes him unable to run, perhaps old age but I think death because of the following lines: Will flock to gaze the strength less dead"(line26) I also think there were key statements throughout to somewhat changed my thought pattern. I...
... , people begin to question the state of war. The loss of human life is assured in war, the question being how many lives will be lost. No positive comes from death and war is a sure place for that to happen.Supernatural 1: The description of the baby ghost knocking a pot of chickpeas to the floor, shattering a mirror, putting handprints in a cake, and ... ...