Essay on the issues that are happening.
It's said that girl hasn't got any respect, in fact it's why she is writing this essay at this very moment in time. But lets start with the definition of respect, how it's lost and how it's gained.
1. To feel or show deferential regard for; esteem. .
2. To avoid violation of or interference with: respect the speed limit. .
3. To relate or refer to; concern. .
1. A feeling of appreciative, often deferential regard; esteem. See Synonyms at regard. .
2. The state of being regarded with honor or esteem. .
3. Willingness to show consideration or appreciation. .
4. respects Polite expressions of consideration or deference: pay one's respects. .
5. A particular aspect, feature, or detail: In many respects this is an important decision. .
6. Usage Problem. Relation; reference. See Usage Note at regard. .
Now knowing what the dictionary term for respect is, lets investigate it a little further. .
Respect is a word that is often misunderstood. Many people think of respect as fear. Others find respect to be a form of submission. Respect is none of these things. Respect is not even properly defined by Webster. Respect is honesty,open and worthy honesty. Resect is understanding and acknowledging the rights of someone else to have their beliefs. Respect in some cases must first involve love.
Webster's definition of respect only covers things that deserve respect. Esteem and honor are things that cause one person to respect another. Esteem is when someone is placed in high regard. Esteem comes when someone has done good acts. Esteem comes from honor. Honor is as misunderstood as respect. One with honor keeps all promises, or practically dies trying. One with honor has the ability to admit when they are wrong. One with honor has their priorities set, and their beliefs strong. They have their heart open to change.