Why I am proud of my Motherland INDIA ?Paper Rating: Word Count: 334 Approx Pages: 1
Mark Twain said, "India is the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend, and the great grand mother of tradition. Our most valuable and most instructive materials in the history of man are treasured up in India only .
Few countries in the world have a tradition, culture, and variety as diverse as this multi-faceted land called India. Enriched by successive waves of migration and invasion from distant lands, each one of them left an indelible imprint, which was absorbed, into the Indian way of life.
It is this variety, which provides a breathtaking ensemble for experiences that, is uniquely Indian. Its physical, religious, and racial variety is as varied as its linguistic diversity. Underneath this diversity lies the continuity of Indian civilization and social structure from the very earliest times until the present day.
Modern day India represents the largest democracy in the world with a seamless picture of unity in diversity unparalleled anywhere else.
Some significant contribution of our country to the world
1. India never invaded any country in her last 10000 years of history.
2. India invented the Number System. Aryabhatta invented zero.
3. The World's first university was established in Takshila in 700BC.
4. Sanskrit is the mother of all the European languages. Sanskrit is the most suitable language for computer software
5. Ayurveda is the earliest school of medicine known to humans. Both Charaka, the father of medicine and Sushruta the father of surgery were Indians
6. India was the richest country on earth until the time of British invasion in the early 17th Century.
7. Algebra, trigonometry, and calculus came from India.
9. When many cultures were only nomadic forest dwellers over 5000 years ago, Indians established Harappan culture in Sindhu Valley
Would you all believe