Type a new keyword(s) and press Enter to search

Ecology Report

            With fossil fuels near depletion alternative sources for a fuel will be required. As it is, we rely on coals, oils, and natural gas as the three main types of fossil fuels. As technology increases other options becomes available. Such as solar energy, wind power and moving water. These new sources of energy will soon have to replace the traditional fossil fuels as the main source of energy.
             The reason we must turn to other sources for energy is because the fossil fuels are non-renewable. Meaning once they are used, they cannot be used again. Fossil fuels form from the remains of plants and animals millions of years ago and take a very long time to form what we use as the fuel. These fuels are currently supplying 93% of the world’s energy sources, while the other 7% is coming from the renewable sources. The problem with fossil fuels, other than they will eventually be gone, is that when we mine for them, we harm the environment. Also when we burn fossil fuels, they emit greenhouse gases into the atmosphere, which breaks apart the ozone layer and causes global warming.
             One alternative to fossil fuels is nuclear energy. Nuclear energy is generated when atoms are split. This is not and will not be a major source of energy to come as it only makes up 6% of the world’s current energy. Using nuclear energy is also not likely because of the amount of pressure by the public not to use it due to its dangers that could occur. The danger however is no greater than what could happen if there is an oil spill from mining oil, or from coal mining stripping the land of its vitality. .
             The reason that this issue is becoming so popular is because the fossil fuel deposits are expected to run out in what some say to be 50 years while other say 100 to 120 years. As stated in the article, “The bottom line: We are going to run out of fossil fuels for energy and we have no choice but to prepare for the new age of energy production since, most certainly, human demands for energy will not decrease.