According to the state of California curriculum standards for Physical Education, all freshmen will be enrolled in a Course 1 Physical Education class. All Course 1 students will participate in and demonstrate knowledge of: aquatics, fitness, dance and rhythms, individual and dual sports. Each student's goal is to pass the California Physical Fitness Test (5 out of 6 tests) in the spring. .
1. To develop the students' physical fitness levels and an appreciation for fitness.
2. To teach and develop basic skills in various activities offered by the department.
3. To teach every Evergreen Valley High School student to swim.
4. To develop discipline, social skills and responsibility in-group and individual activities.
5. To increase student's appreciation for lifetime activities.
1. Students demonstrate knowledge or and competency in motor skills, movement patterns, and strategies.
needed to perform a variety of physical activities.
2. Students achieve a level of physical fitness for health and performance while demonstrating knowledge.
of fitness concepts, principles, and strategies.
3. Students demonstrate knowledge of psychological and sociological concepts, principles, and strategies that.
apply to the learning and performance of physical activity.
Athletic Attire and Other Materials and Department Procedures .
We recommend that students wear appropriate athletic attire and athletic shoes. The school bank is selling Cougar athletic shorts for $15.00 and a dri-fit Cougar athletic shirt for $15. Sweat clothing may be worn in addition to the athletic attire. Jackets are not allowed in Physical Education Class: only proper athletic attire. The Evergreen Valley High School Dress Code will be applied and enforced with the athletic attire and sweat clothing. Each student is issued a locker and padlock in the locker room. The lock must be returned at the end of the school year or the student will owe $5.