The Reason Why Children Shouldn't Eat Candy.
You shouldn't let your kids eat so much candy, especially without brushing there teeth. There are several reasons why children shouldn't eat so much candy. First, the candy will cause cavity, tooth decay and plaque. .
I. Why children shouldn't eat candy .
1. Cavities also called dental caries are the result of the same thing. A cavity develops when a tooth decays or breaks down, and develops a hole that can grow bigger and deeper over time.
2. The inside of your mouth is a constant bacteria party, and many different types of bacteria are invited. But don't be grossed out by the thought of this bacteria bash - it's totally normal! When you eat, these bacteria change some of the sugars in food into acids. When the bacteria and acids join together, they form plaque. .
B. Tooth Decay .
1. Tooth decay is the disease known as caries or cavities, which is not life threatening and good news is that it is preventable. Unlike other diseases, however, caries is not life threatening and is highly preventable, though it affects most people to some degree during their lifetime.
2. Tooth decay occurs when your teeth are frequently exposed to foods containing carbohydrates (starches and sugars) like soda pop, candy, ice cream, milk, cakes, and even fruits, vegetables and juices. Natural bacteria live in your mouth and form plaque. The plaque interacts with deposits left on your teeth from sugary and starchy foods to produce acids. These acids damage tooth enamel over time by dissolving, or dematerializing, the mineral structure of teeth, producing tooth decay and weakening the teeth. .
3. It occurs when your teeth are frequently exposed to foods containing carbohydrates such as starches and sugars like soda pop, candy, cake and even sticky fruits. Natural bacteria live in your mouth and form plaque. Plaque interacts with food deposits on your teeth to produce acid that will slowly dissolve the calcium in your teeth.