No results matched every word — showing papers matching any of them.
... meaning the eleven people whom had lived with her. Leshaya noticed Rosalie's brother Cliff first she wouldn't take her eyes off of him, Cliff was in a band and Leshaya was interested in singing for it so after this incident Leshaya and Cliff started dating each other. Leshaya and Cliff would always be together but they didn't get along that well, most of ... arguing about this and that mostly stupid stuff, until one day Leshaya finally screwed things up for them by always being stuck on her self and being so selfish cliff was so tired of her being like that. It was good for them to be br...
... drapes at the large bay window in the living room. Outside a wide expanse of closely clipped green lawn swept to the top of a low cliff overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. I could see my brother Cory already outside walking along the edge of the bluff in the early morning sunlight, trying to ... find the quickest path to the beach below. "Is somebody going to get shoved off the cliff?" I asked innocently. "Nope," dad answered as he stepped through the open front door carrying two overstuffed suitcases. "I think that's too obvious. We need something ... that everything was as it should be, ...
... with his fellow businessmen, Thornhill comes off as well spoken, intelligent and self-confident. As he walks, he talks quickly to his secretary, Maggie, played by Doreen Land, about several notes to be sent out, including one to his ex-wife, in which he says "Oh well, put 'Something for your sweet tooth, baby, and all your other sweet parts.'" In ... , and insists that he drinks large amounts in order to deliberately get him drunk. Now completely drunk, they put him in the driver's seat of a convertible onto a dark, windy ocean cliff road that night. They expect him to become the victim ...
... daughter's mind. With both of them running from the "danger" that threatened their everyday lives, they walked a fine line on an emotional cliff dive. At a point in which they could not be seen, Ying-ying took a dive off the cliff, just around the corner. She plummeted to a point in which she could only be saved on her own behalf for no one ... ...
... upon her brother. Mrs. Penniman was left without a fortune and is prone to romantic fantasies unlike their pragmatic sister Mrs. Almond. She however is Doctor Sloper's favorite sister and confidante. Austin Sloper, himself is a widower. His wife Mrs. Catherine Sloper first gave birth to a baby boy of extraordinary ... of men (James). Catherine's father said of her " no young man will ever be in love with Catherine" (James 34). Believing that, Doctor Sloper clearly instructed Aunt Penniman to try and make clever woman out of Catherine. It is at Mrs. Almond's daughter, Marian's engagement...
... was more enjoyable at home. His parents commented on how he would talk with them without throwing a fit. Dibs was shy when he first met Doctor Axline. The whole play therapy experience was new to him. When they first met alone, Dibs did not converse with her. He walked around the room ... their conversations became more intense. Dibs would voluntarily give information about how he felt. He would reenact events that happened in his house using the dolls. Doctor Axline soon found out how intelligent he was. Dibs liked his time with her. He soon became sad when their hour-long visits would...
... couch. Samantha had a very bad feeling about her mother's condition. A few days later, Samantha answered the phone to hear her mother's doctor on the other end. The doctor urged her mother to come in as soon as possible. Samantha, her mother, and her father were all devastated and fear was overtaking their ... want to live if her mother couldn't. She tried to be strong in front of her mom, and she always kept a smile on here face. "The doctor said that I can try to take chemotherapy, but he don't know if it will help," strained Samantha's mother. When the family finally realized this ho...
... do so. When I regained my senses, I ran straight to the ICU. On reaching there, I saw a doctor coming out of the room, I ran towards him and asked him about my mother's condition. But the doctor thought that it was not appropriate to tell a ten year old child that her mother was serious. So, he just ... My mother was practically on her deathbed and none was ready to tell me anything just because I was young. But, being a child, I was unable to question the doctor anymore. Through the glass on the door, I saw my mother. She was lying on a bed. Many wires were attached to a machine near h...
... share this moment and it appears they grow closer with each passing minute. The poem comes to completion with the baby yearning to communicate. The child tries a "handful of notes" and Plath relates the sounds of the vowels to a group of balloons rising. Observations The more that I read the poem, the more I begin to understand and agree with Plath ... the piece as a whole, as if each stanza is leading up to the morning song that the child is metaphorically singing. Lines seventeen and eighteen read, "Your handful of notes;/ The clear vowels rise like balloons." (Plath). She is very cle...
... after the baby was born? I don't know how to take care of a baby. Two days after the great news, I made an appointment with my OB-GYN doctor. I couldn't wait for someone professional to tell me everything was going to be ok, and that I was just going to go through a natural stage in which I ... about everything around me. I never had this type of conversation with my mother; she never initiated it and I never asked. At the doctor's visit I also got overwhelmed with information and directions I MUST followed while being pregnant. At that time, the only thing I knew was that I needed to f...
... fifteen when I was a wild child that path eventually lead me to being pregnant at the age of sixteen. I was pregnant with my oldest daughter, Halie May Evenson. The doctor that I went to see confirmed my worst fear, which I would have died if Halie did not come into my life. I had committed to becoming a mother by the ... no idea what kind of mother I was going to be or even how to be a mother. When I found out I was pregnant my mother took me to the doctor and they had confirmed that if I would have continued on my path to destruction I would have had alcohol poisoning which would have ...
... without Waylon and Wayne. Terry desperately wanted to go back and save the two men but waited before he made his move. The book ends here and is left as a cliff hanger with no sequel to this book. An adjective of Terry is risky because of everything that he does in the book from beginning to end. The theme of the ... ...
... the Platters hits number one on the charts. And there was suburbia. Lots of kids with nothing to do. Before they play "chicken" and one of them dies, off the cliff, Jim asks "why do we do this?" and the other kid replies, "you gotta do something, doncha?" The spread of juvenile delinquency was actually not any higher than normal, according ... ...
... BALDWIN Losing a father figure and learning how to go on differently then what he has taught you, or what you have learned is in fact a tough thing to do. In Notes of a Native Son, James Baldwin looks at whatever he can gather up about his father who past away. ". . . He was, I think, very handsome. I gather this from photographs and from my ... own memories of him, dressed in his Sunday best and on his way to preach a sermon somewhere, . . ."(Baldwin p.203). In comparison to Notes of a Native Son, Baldwin sets the same type of tone in Sonny's Blues. Here Baldwin sets the scene to where...
... her. She had strong feelings and she could talk expressively. One day she called me and told me that she was sick. We decided to one of the lady doctor in town. We called Dr. Parag and made an appointment. It took us more than an hour to reach there. When we reached there the nurse told us ... to fill out a form. When we saw that some questions were tricky and so we left it out to talk to the doctor personally. But the nurse would not allow us to do that. She asked if something is wrong with Reema or me and I said it was Reema. Reema replied ... to her and said we will talk to the docto...
... through school", makes it appear as though he completed school, however, he then changes the subject matter to relationships is mother had with two men when he was six. He notes that he never called them 'Dad' just 'Uncle'. This leaves the reader to wonder the significance this has on the author. Why did he refer to the men as 'Uncle ... period since it was just himself and his mother. Paragraph four begins by stating that his mother was able to spend time with him when he was sixteen, however, clearly notes that he was set in his ways by then. Does this mean he was rebellious or perhap...
The beginning of Black Nell Is when Nell was born. Her mother resembled a petite wolf or a German Shepherd. Nell was born in a liter of five. All the pups had gray fur. Nell was the unique one out of the liter, her fur was Black. One day two teenagers were shooting cans with a .22 rif...
... without Waylon and Wayne. Terry desperately wanted to go back and save the two men but waited before he made his move. The book ends here and is left as a cliff hanger with no sequel to this book. An adjective of Terry is risky because of everything that he does in the book from beginning to end. The theme of the ... ...
... my inspiration; she fought a courageous battle with cancer. Her determination was profound and left an imprint that will remain with me for the rest of my life." Sitting in the doctor's office with my mother and hearing the words, "You have lung cancer," was a minute in my life that I will always remember. I recall hearing my heartbeat as loud as ... a drum. I looked at my mom, and she said, "Don't worry, I got this!" The doctor proceeded to tell her that the cancer was Small Cell Lung Cancer, Stage IV. The diagnosis was terminal even with treatment. The ... to discuss her treatment op...
... : appeal to emotions a couple of times, appeal to ethics, and even appeal to logic. The election of using the cartoonish looking owl dressed as a doctor in the magazine advertisement (Family Fun Magazine, February 2015, pg.35) and also in the video advertisement is undoubtedly a motive to appeal to credibility. It ... doesn't surprise me that they don't use a human doctor for Dr. Cocoa (for children) cough and cold medicine, but instead an owl that throughout the history of time are thought to be "wise." Not only ... that suggest that he will be getting his sleep because all is well in ...
... wonder why is the baker keep being mentioned? And what exactly is his significance in the story? It's obvious the baker has more in common with the parents and the doctor then imagined. The beginning of the story is odd. However it does well capturing the feeling of isolation felt by the baker and the parents. The baker is a workaholic. The ... isolation brings them more anguish and hopelessness. They feel like the only ones going through this tragic circumstance. It doesn't help that they don't feel comfort and certainty from the doctor. The doctor does a poor job of admitting he's not...
... to fix my tongue. They took me into a private room where I did not have a curtain wall between me and another patient, and poked at my destroyed mouth muscle. Then the doctor told me he would be right back and went to the hall to speak to my parents. He left the door open not realizing I could hear everything. The ... doctor said "So I am going to close off the end of her tongue to stop the bleeding and I will give you a referral to a specialist for the mute." My mother ... ass!!" At the time I did not know what that meant but assumed it was bad, so I felt like my mom was protecting m...
... emphasizes the fact that maintaining good health is most important. As a cancer survivor, Johnson has faced many challenges and obstacles. She professes to have a very good relationship with her female doctor. She appreciates her doctor's always showing concern and interest for her as she has done throughout their ten year patient-relationship. She also likes the fact that her ... doctor routinely explains all medicines that she is prescribed to take. As a woman and a mother who has had to bury two sons, who were taken away from her by the hands ... ...
... ). From the start of the novel, Edna feels her lust for Robert. However, the society in which she lives strongly disapproves of adultery. This is shown when Mr. Pontellier consults a doctor about Edna, and the doctor wished to ask if there was a man involved, however "he knew his Creole too well to make such a blunder as that" (88). The ... doctor would not bring up the topic because their society will not allow the threat of adultery to become an issue. Robert understands that what he's doing is not accepted by ... ...