No results matched every word — showing papers matching any of them.
... the advice from men from Sulphur Creek, who advised it was potentially hazardous to travel alone. He had false confidence in himself. For example, despite the dangerously cold temperatures, he did not take necessary precautions when he built his first crucial fire. Then, when he realized his mistake, he didn't realize how serious it ... his excess self-confidence for the trek. Also, throughout his entire journey, the man concentrated on how cold it was around him. He constantly decided how cold it was and how he didn't like to be as cold as he was. Inevitably, the psychological factors ...
... conceived, it haunted me day and night" (pg 36). "I think it was his eye! yes, it was this! One of his eyes fell upon me, my blood ran cold; and so by degrees-very gradually-I made up my mind to take the life of the old man, and thus rid myself of the eye for ever" (pg 36). It ... is here when the author first shares what is driving the young man and proves he is going insane; the eye, in his mind it made a cold calculated man out of himself, a once caring tender young man the old man had known. The young man believes that the eye physically turned his blood ... cold. Humans are all war...
... and autumn set in with rain and an unseasonal frost at night. When I put gloves on the baby, she chewed them and had to sit in her pram with cold, wet hands. I did not mind for myself, but I did not know how to keep her warm. She dribbled too and her chest was always damp. She ... resisted for some time but in the end she caught a cold. I did not know what to do with her, as I hated going to the doctor. I had thought I would be finished with doctors at her birth, though I subsequently ... comfort and duty, and moreover it was not even my own health that was in question, but Octavia's, an...
... function is an algorithm that measures the chess position. Positions with positive values are good for "White" and positions with negative values are good for "Black" (IBM Research - Deep Blue - Overview). Here is where I think that human has the upper hand while playing chess with an artificial intelligence. Human chess players use their skills, judgment and previous experiences to decide about ... ...
... function is an algorithm that measures the chess position. Positions with positive values are good for "White" and positions with negative values are good for "Black" (IBM Research - Deep Blue - Overview). Here is where I think that human has the upper hand while playing chess with an artificial intelligence. Human chess players use their skills, judgment and previous experiences to decide about ... ...
... function is an algorithm that measures the chess position. Positions with positive values are good for "White" and positions with negative values are good for "Black" (IBM Research - Deep Blue - Overview). Here is where I think that human has the upper hand while playing chess with an artificial intelligence. Human chess players use their skills, judgment and previous experiences to decide about ... ...
... nothing more than a simple time consuming source of entertainment. This is before the monster has grasped you tightly within it's claws. It only takes one time, one fix, one experimental overview, or one opportunity to become exposed. Primary contact to the machine might come as subtle as just simply picking up a controller in a local wholesale store, or at a friends house, but ... ...
... close to the fire to get warm, close enough to not get burn.) It does not know the thermometers, but it can feel the cold and by experience it knows that not safe to travelling by the extremely cold (fifty below under zero.) It know to bite out the ice after his leg get wet, and it know to takes off down ... ...
... others "rules" and "pity", with no hope that a woman will ever look at his shattered self again. "How cold and late it is!" The wounded soldier cant do anything about the cold, he has to wait for others to help him. The repetition of the question in the last lines "why don't they come?" ... ...
... a female drill sergeant ordered us off the bus and into formation outside. "Hurry the hell up, privates! We're about to see the weak from the super weak!" Cold drops of rain splashed on my cheeks and nose as I ran off the bus and made my way to formation, which at a quick glance looked well over 200 recruits. I noticed ... ordered to, "remove our mask and recite our last name and last four digits of your social and exit the chamber. I exited the gas chamber as fast as I could. Cold wet snot dripped from all of our noses and tears rushed from our faces. That was my picture perfect moment...
... important explanation to note is the difference between being an idea and being the opposite of an idea. For example, "heat- is an idea and "cold- is simply the lack of heat. The idea of "cold- is dependent on the idea of "heat-. Now Descartes has established the rules by which to lay down his argument. He then explains that he knows ... ...
... important explanation to note is the difference between being an idea and being the opposite of an idea. For example, "heat- is an idea and "cold- is simply the lack of heat. The idea of "cold- is dependent on the idea of "heat-. At this point Descartes has established the rules by which to lay down his argument. He then explains that ... ...
... important explanation to note is the difference between being an idea and being the opposite of an idea. For example, "heat- is an idea and "cold- is simply the lack of heat. The idea of "cold- is dependent on the idea of "heat-. At this point Descartes has established the rules by which to lay down his argument. He then explains that ... ...
... think about what would be best for the baby, "I can't really pay for a room, and I wouldn't even bother you, except I've got a child out in that car that's wet and cold and looking to find pneumonia if I don't get it to bed someplace warm" (Kingsolver, 29). When Taylor had pleaded for a room, it was really for Turtle, she even admitted that ... she would not have even stopped if she did not have the child. That was a sign of selflessness, because she is thinking about how cold the baby must have been. She also helped around the motel they stayed in, "I had stayed on at the Broken Arrow ...
... seem out of place with his "high" life. First of all, he is a mixed breed. Need I say more on that subject? His love of exercise hardens his muscles, and "the cold-tubbing races, the love of water had been a tonic and a health preserver." This is no delicate creature who sits around like some kind of pansy. The other dogs, a Japanese pug ... human than dog as this story progresses. One of the most remarkable and human traits of Buck is his control over his emotions. He experiences sensation and transforms it into cold, logical response. This is not to say that he acts without passion an...
... hearted and polite. All three of my friends departed for school that morning with smiles on their faces and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. The forecast for today was cold during the morning and rising temperatures in the afternoon. School went by slow and boring as usual for every kid on the planet. As the day went school seemed to ... started to get dangerous it had been about 5 min of struggling and battling gravity. Hypothermia was not far away. Amazingly they managed to get the child's backpack off his freezing cold body. Pulling him out of the water my one friend started to fall ...
... behavior, and I was disappointed with the ending, though I am not sure what I would have preferred. In closing, I believe that because Meursault was so passive, he was always thought of being cold and uncaring. Camus's character was never really known by anyone. He was the Stranger. His passive ... ...
... . Friar said on ACT 4, Scene 1, lines 93-106: Take thou this vial, being in bed, And this distilling liquor drink thou off; When presently through all thy veins shall run A cold and drowsy humor; for no pulse Shall keep his native progress, but surcease; No warmth, no breath, shall testify thou livest; The roses in thy lips and cheeks shall fade ... To wanny ashes, thy eyes" windows fall Like death when he shuts up the day of life Each part, deprived of supple government, Shall, stiff and stark and cold, appear like death Thou shalt continue two-and-forty hours, And then wake as if from ...
... participating in the events you will go to jail and your car will be taken away for good. I have participated in some of these activities, and have been very lucky. Cold, windy, rain, fog, lots of police car lights: these are the things I remember from one crazy night of street racing. The night began as usual, Steak "N" Shake followed by the ... usual meeting spot, but this night began to be different as soon as everyone began to meet up. It was cold and rainy. The meeting spot was an old abandoned parking lot, and rain was not a good thing when you had to stand outside to socialize. E...
... people, for granted until we lose them. For instance, I got dirty playing outside once when I was little. When I returned home, I was told that our pipes were frozen. I cried because I was cold and dirty. The thought that I wouldn't be able to wash up when I got home never crossed my mind. Not being able to write is much like this situation in the ... programs you watch and when you will watch them. This "have it your way" approach is quite appealing and exciting after years of missing your favorite show due to the cold, hard programming of regular television. Now that I have the freedo...
... such, I will attempt to examine how the speaker in the poem reveals patterns of longing and obsession. In "Porphyria's Lover", the poem starts out with the speaker seemingly in darkness, cold and alone. Every moment that passed seemed to be with him hanging on his love's arrival. And then the poem's tone shifts dramatically. It goes from total darkness to the ... up and there being light at the end of the tunnel for the speaker. This longing is shown when the speaker states, "When glided in Porphyria;(6), She shut out the cold and the storm (7), and made the cheerless grate Blaze up, an...
... paragraphs, the more of Rand's philosophy reaches me, some of which I have trouble condoning myself. The so called "heros" in the story, Dagny Taggart and Hank Rearden are cold, tasteless, and self-centered, and yet Rand praises what they do and what they stand for. To me, these serve as the extreme examples for Rand's philosophy, individuals "of ... ...
... of them. They feel as if others will ridicule them and not accept them for who they are. (6) Symptoms of shyness include your heart begins to race, your hands become cold, your cheeks begin to blush and you get a churning feeling in your stomach (7) Your mind begins to constantly think on how you are behaving during the current social situation and ... ...
... legalization of marijuana would start to form. As a cannabis connoisseur, I've put together my own basis of information around marijuana from personal experience, shared experiences with other users and the cold tough facts. According to the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA), Marijuana is considered a Schedule 1 substance, meaning; it is a drug that has no potential for medical use or high potential for abuse ... ...