(855) 4-ESSAYS

Type a new keyword(s) and press Enter to search

Harley Davidson

            When people around the world talk about motorcycles the name Harley Davidson will undoubtedly become the main topic. This year the Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Company is celebrating its 100-year anniversary. Over the past century, the company has managed to create a strong brand image and a loyal customer base within the large street cruiser market place. However, the road for Harley-Davidson has not been without it's share of problems, in fact in the mid 1970's the company was faced with a declining market share and the serious threat of bankruptcy. After the scare of bankruptcy the company returned to focusing on producing a quality product and developing a close relationship with its customers through a variety of programs, product offerings and events such as Daytona, motor shows and rallies. In this paper I am going to explore why the Harley-Davidson Company is the most recognized and successful motorcycle producer in the world. I will show what has made this company so successful by exploring how they distribute, price and promote their products. I will begin by looking at how Harley-Davidson distributes their products. .
             The Harley-Davidson Company has maintained a steady domestic and export mix since the early 1990's which has been constant at approximately 30% of its motorcycle units exported and the remaining 70% being distributed in the United States. Of the units exported approximately one-half are sold through wholly owned subsidiaries in Germany, Japan and the United Kingdom, which allows the Company flexibility in responding to changing economic conditions in a variety of foreign markets. Distribution within the United States is done through indenpentently owned dealerships throughout the country. These dealerships have also undergone a transformation in the past ten to fifteen years. Gone are the days of a garage with parts and apparel located in boxes on shelves usually stored out of the customer's sight.

Essays Related to Harley Davidson

Got a writing question? Ask our professional writer!
Submit My Question