1. Short Story - The Long Day
... time as Ma cooked, I looked 'round her house and I figure she must' have it nicer now cause of her new marriage and all. I miss Ma, I haven't seen her in years, and Ma always looked real young for her age. As I sit, I think of the train ride here, it was a long ride and folks didn't seem too happy. One older white man told ... me to get up out of my seat. I don't like that. He said to me that I don't belong in the same train as him, he called me the n-word as I left. I felt myself tear up but I refused to let anyone see me cry. I found my own little compartment ... get to see Ma a...
- Word Count: 559
- Approx Pages: 2
- Grade Level: High School