In a world where few monarchies survive, he is now the longest reigning monarch! Do you know why all Thai people deepest love and respected their King?.
I"m going to start with his biography.
I. Biography of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej.
- His Majesty was born in 1927, in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA where his father studied medicine at Harvard University.
- He was educated at Lausanne University, Switzerland, majoring in Science, Engineer, Political Science and law.
- And then, he ascended the throne in 1946 and is currently the longest reigning monarch of Thailand.
- In 1949, His Majesty and Mom Rajawongse Sirikit Kitiyakora were engaged and on April 29, 1950 they were married in Thailand.
- Shortly thereafter on May 28, 1950, His Majesty was formally crowned.
- His Majesty the king and queen have 3 daughters and one son.
Now, as you know about his biography, then I"ll show you how the Thai people see their king and why he has become more deeply loved and respected by his subject. .
II. The King and his people.
- (Show pictures).
- Thailand is both unusual and fortunate. Fortunate because of having a king who has both far-reaching knowledge and generous compassion: and unusual because throughout each year of his reign, he has become the deepest loved and respected by his subjects. .
- Over the part thirty years, His Majesty the King Bhumibol Adulyadej has contributed greatly to the wellbeing of Thai people as demonstrated by the numerous royal-initiated projects in the country. .
- Realizing that each locality differs, in terms of geographical features, lifestyles and traditions, His Majesty the King reached the conclusion that development in each area would only be successful if carried out to suit local conditions.
For the most part, his popularity mirrors his deep interest in his people's welfare. He is very involved and devoted to every aspect of Thai life that I"m going to introduce to you the examples of his activities:.