No results matched every word — showing papers matching any of them.
... for some students. I wish my parents had paid me for earning good grades. Then I would have worked a lot harder through middle school and high school especially through high school because I needed the money. Lots of teenagers feel all their homework can be pointless. It's not until the end of their school career they see the big picture ... . So why not give them a small picture ... until then. An example is "Getting an "A" in this class will give me money to go shopping." This student would be looking very forward to receiving the money, so she works for an "A". In ... did rewarding h...
... I come across a child who believed in the education system and talked about furthering it. The typical rhetoric was that college was for the wealthy, they are too poor, or because they did not make A's and B's in school they weren't smart enough for college. Even when I would ask them or their parents about Job Corp, military, or other avenues of furthering their education ... of the ignorance which has arisen from a lack of education. Let us not only give a family or an individual aid, but let us also teach them how to provide aid for themselves and others. I believe the welfare margin...
... , I have never had the opportunity to be completely immersed in my culture. There is such richness in the thought of attending Howard University. For 136 years, young African Americans have gathered to seek higher education and the camaraderie of their peers. Subsequently, their pursuits have in some way ... given back to the community. As for me, my path leads right to the schoolhouse I have dreamed of since I was a child. Undoubtedly I will encounter inspirational professors at Howard ... 't want my future students to have wait to reach college before they have a teacher who relates to...
... Whether the connection is made through myths and stories or though real documents like the Declaration of Independence, humans use history both as a guide for the future and as a reference to the past. Society, in recent years, emphasized the role of schools in teaching children about history. ... incorporate the moral and social lessons that are implied in the teaching of history. By this I mean that teachers have an implicit responsibility to make sure students grasp the moral implications of historical events. For example, when teaching about the slave trade the teacher is expected to...
... to be successful, and pressure from society I've grown up with a dream of becoming wealthy. A college degree would be a stepping stone in achieving this goal. It would widen my options for a good career tremendously. I could find a job that might be less stressful and on me. My vision of being wealthy when I'm older is a lot brighter with the help of a furthered education ... average guy with an average life, working as a custodian making twenty five thousand a year with three kids. I can't provide for my family because I chose not to receive a college education for only four years out ...
... job and to work effectively. However, one of the saddest issues in today's society is the college dropout rate. In many colleges it remains absolutely high. There are diverse reasons for that matter, but they all come down to poor academic performance, financial problem, and troubles with relationships. Firstly, the ability to study is the main element ... for learning effectively. Consequently, poor academic performance is a leading reason that makes students become quitters. Plenty of students who have been accepted to the college are over-confident. They may feel ... , those who do ...
... institution of higher learning should be scholarship, leadership, character, and service. The purpose for attending an institution of higher learning should be to educate the whole person, not just his mind. If you combine the characteristics of standards for entrance into an institution of higher learning and purpose for attending an institution of higher learning you would get a quality person after his tenure ... at the University. That is what an "Education for the Mind, the Heart and the Soul" means to me. As Abraham Maslow proposed, the driving force of the human personality is to...
... ) both personally and professionally, and can offer a distinct representation of her character on both levels. Personally, I have known (name) for (length of time), and have enjoyed a friendship with her for just as long. She is a very honest and caring person who offered friendship easily, and gives the relationship one hundred percent. I ... taught in the classroom, the children in his/her family, or children in general, (name) has a natural way with them and an unconditional love for them all. Professionally I have been lucky enough to see (name) in action. In the classroom, (name) dem...
... sixteenth century. Our techies wouldn't know how to live anymore. People today take a lot of things for granted, Such as technology,money,opportunities, and life itself. Sadly, the things that people should take for granted, such as education, they feel obligated to do so. Today people just don't seem to ... should stop being so gready and just simply be happy with what they have. Celebrities take more things for granted than your average person. They all rely on others to do their everyday work for them; such as cooking, cleaning,cosmetics, driving, and sometimes even raising their chil...
The class I have is advanced world history. It's a class for above averaged students. I believe I am qualified for this class because I have the experience, the willingness to learn, and I like a good challenge. One reason which qualifies me for this class is the experience I've had in the past in advanced classes. In my freshman year I was ... in advanced English and honors geometry. So I know what teachers in advanced classes expect. Advanced classes are for students that are above average, and who put all their effort into what they do. I have the ability to work hard, but I tend to slack ...
The essay "The True Cost of Entering a DSA School" by Brenda Tan, talks about the DSA routes and the causes and impacts of entering schools through DSA. The recent Raffles Institution students not able to enter Junior Colleges has sparked a ... entering branded schools that the DSA routes to branded schools are tough and arduous, and might bring about many negative impacts to the student, one of which has been displayed by the RI students who did not perform to standards. DSA students that are accepted to the branded schools they have to go through the strenuous trainings and also cope well ...
... but also as a colleague, and friend. The reason Rose act this way is because to him education is what is most important in lives, especially for children. He wants all children to succeed. Even when he was in college when he couldn't understand something he kept pushing himself to learn and understand ... it. If a student truthfully cannot learn the material why punish and threat him or her. Inspiration goes along with influence. When you are with a child for 7 hours a day, your students are adapting several new concepts that are constantly being said and done. When your students see tha...
... persistent until the work is done to my satisfaction. WORK HISTORY Librarian/Computer Teacher My duties include preparing and teaching classes for library and computer for the entire school (Pre-K-8th Grade), substitute teach for the junior high classes, provide a community service for the Veteran of Foreign War in which cards are made to be brought to St. Albans Hospital every holiday, changing and ... displaying children's work on hallway bulletin boards each month, ordering textbooks, library books and computer software for the school, work the afterschool program 2 days a week, I am...
... word here would be school spirit. We unquestionably need school spirit in schools because of all the positive effects of it on our school life. There is without doubt need for school spirit throughout the school to support the various charitable and fundraising events we have in schools like, the CCP, the 30 hour famine and many more. If a school didn ... turn out to be really boring; it's because of the school spirit that a school's assemblies are really nice, the excellent presenters come on stage and perform and the students cheer for them out of school spirit only. Another area wher...
... that has not been properly educated and given the tools to earn and to develop maturely and therefore turn to criminal activity. Therefore in the year 2020 there should classes for parents to have proper skills to guide their children so they can lead a safe and productive life and there should be emphasis on detecting young troubled children and direct them ... . Today, crime prevention, and policing, gobbling a tremendous part of the government's budget and the Beaurocrats a have lack of vision and motivation to change the system. The system should be altered by gradually increasing th...
... and become a better person. Leroy and Norma Jean once had a child, but he was tragedy taken away from them. Norma Jean's main goal is to become a better person by further her education and by physically getting into shape. Leroy brings up the idea to build cabin to Norma Jean hoping it will bring them back to way things used to be, Norma ... life. Both characters are doing completely different things with their lives. Norma Jean is focused and determined to educate and better herself. For example during the evens after she's done with work Norma Jean comes home to work on the outline fo...
... a community that he belongs to, he realizes that he has joined a "lonely community " (530), filled with "the faces of young men and women worn by long study" (530). This is when Rodriguez has an epiphany, or when he gains a "sociological imagination. " Mills tells us that an individual has developed a ... Hoggart's definition of the "scholarship boy, " but also lengthens and specifies it. Rodriguez also shows us that he has gained the "sociological imagination " by writing about his appreciation and understanding of his parents' backgrounds. He tells us that his mother barely knew any En...
... or Italian restaurant. This experience helps to further strengthen bonds of friendship that were developing over the course of the semester. In addition, I have organized March Break trips to Europe for my students to experience these cultures first hand. During the Italy trip, I took these public high school students to the Vatican Museum and St. Peter's Basilica. While some students were ... emotionally touched by their visit to St. Peter's, one student in particular, who always made sarcastic comments about Christianity, actually sat in front of the main altar and quietly listened to...
... who has right to judge whether student working is "wrong" or "valuable".Even after receiving a few scholarship,loans,etc.student still needed to come up with the cash to pay for housing,phone bills,car insurance,food,clothes,books and all those various expenses that a college student encounters during their year tour of educated duty. Working during their educational period brings ... them sense of independence and responsibility.This motivates them to maximise participation and involvement to enhance decision. But on the other hand,it also has an effect on their studies.For instance,st...
The book The Jungle by Upton Sinclair was published by Grossett and Dunlap in New York, 1906. The purpose of this book is to understand the importance of adult care and teaching. If you are not taught as a young child ... are treated as an animal (as those in the book) you will become a human but only to know what the rights and wrongs are for an animal. The human being is a species that needs to be cared for their entire child hood. There are only a group of people that I would recommend this book to, and that is those who don't understand the ... ...
... MAT experience I have discovered that the students are also a source of motivation for me. Learning a language is an exciting process, and it is a privilege to have a part in the experience. I want to make a difference in the lives of young people. One way I have learned to do that is by sharing the joy of learning through teaching. The rewards of teaching are endless ... sense of accomplishment that I felt upon completing a task successfully made me want to share this. As a student, I was fortunate enough to work with teachers who served as positive role models by encouraging and motiv...
... of sign language, proper English, ways to communicate effectively, and much more. What they don't realize is that deaf people can indeed return the favor. For instance, one could say that the majority of deaf people acquitted their knowledge of sign language from a hearing teacher. There are times where, after being taught ... a student, in English, to turn off the lights in the classroom. Although she signed English, she left out words by only signing, "turn, out, light." The student astonished her by exiting the door and turning outward where the light switch was. The teacher thought t...
... The media portrays teenagers in this era as having a laid-back life-style with no goals and without any ambitions. Today's society provides many challenges for adolescents that our parents never had to face such as single parent households. Drug addiction has always been around but never before have they been more ... at the age of 16 and learn their chosen career without having to finish year 10 or get a university degree. Today's society provides many challenges for adolescents that our parents never had to face. Pre-marital sex and pregnancy, alcohol abuse, and drug addiction have alwa...
... their students perfect in not only in terms of education but also in terms of moral and humanitarian values. Just education can be acquired by any means or just learning from books makes it possible, if once the foundation is laid. But there are some values and implicit ... be ignited. So, identifying the talents of students individually and guiding them in the right direction is far more important. A teacher should give moral support for every student, and must try to bring out the innate talents in him or her. One more important quality a teacher must posses is impartiality. ... A tea...