No results matched every word — showing papers matching any of them.
... everything in the world through natural law. The Ionian Enchantment was the first attempt towards consilience in Wilson's eyes. The Enchantment wanted to unify the sciences such as physics, biology, chemistry, etc. to create common natural laws. However one cannot study the sciences separately because it would create confusion. Confusion "occurs wherever argument or inference passes from one world of experience ... an example. He places physics at the doorway to the maze because he believes physics is the key to unification. The different branches of learning such as the social sciences...
... and they can be domesticated if well treated. Okay now let's start talking about their physique. They are naturally designed to activate certain hormones in our bodies. Our body's chemistry, as any other chemistry, reacts to other chemicals; which are found in enormous numbers in these creature's bodies. Our brains are designed to follow enchanting figures and a girl's curves are attractive enough ... ...
... and they can be domesticated if well treated. Okay now let's start talking about their physique. They are naturally designed to activate certain hormones in our bodies. Our body's chemistry, as any other chemistry, reacts to other chemicals; which are found in enormous numbers in these creature's bodies. Our brains are designed to follow enchanting figures and a girl's curves are attractive enough ... ...
... hanged out there for a while because one of my friends was using a computer at library. We went to our next chemistry class at 12:45 pm because one of my friends was tried to add in that class. Unfortunately, the chemistry professor didn't let add in students in because he said that he don't want too many people in his class, so ... ...
I sat for some time as Ma cooked, I looked 'round her house and I figure she must' have it nicer now cause of her new marriage and all. I miss Ma, I haven't seen ... the same train as him, he called me the n-word as I left. I felt myself tear up but I refused to let anyone see me cry. I found my own little compartment where I sat by myself under a dim light and tried to sleep awhile. I kept thinking about that man, what had I done for him to be so cruel? I decided it better to not think ... me pay for school, so I could be somebody. I'm very grateful, he wasn't always the best man, but...
... delight as he put the stethoscope on her fat ribs. He listened for a long time and I, who was beginning to think that perhaps I should not have bothered him after all, sat there absently aware of how innocent she was, how sweet she looked and that her vest could do with a wash. Had I known, I would have enjoyed that moment more, or perhaps ... mustered the strength to ask what I should do about her cold, and he said, 'Nothing, nothing at all.' When he had gone, I went back and picked Octavia up and sat her on my knee and gazed at her, paralyzed by fear, aware that my happy state ha...
... show of Affection not only tainted Doms soul but his whole well-being was affected by a dark slime. Dom didnt go to school that day, or the week. He just sat in his room, alone and stared at the wall, re thinking his purpose. His mother, a single mom with 2 jobs seemed to have gave up on her troubled son. This would ... , with no care for Dom at all. No sympathy for her own kin. Dom entered the school. He went into the bathroom were he usually ate his lunch alone and sat in the stall. He fought back the tears, not sad tears, but tears of anger that could burn a mans soul. He cocked back ...
... . This deeply personal insight into a character is unlike others in the novel. We learn about Corelli and Pelagia's forbidden love for each other, but the whole island was aware of chemistry between the two, it is revealed before Corelli leaves again for war. Carlo's secret and his sorrow at losing his beloved I found particularly poignant and brought myself and others to ... ...
... means think about what you are doing to someone before you do it and if you think it's wrong don't do it if you don't want it done to you. I sat down at the top of the sliding board and thought about it. I said to myself, this girl is the same age as me, so she doesn't know what she was ... we learned in our early years of school that we would always remember saying or doing. Most of us replied the same thing, the Golden Rule, but the boy just sat there. I found out later that he didn't reply because he did not believe in the rule. We weren't mad at him. We just wanted him to be on the ...
... me. I walked down an overly-lit sterile hallway trailing behind my dad. When we reached her room I wished that I could just keep walking, pretend I hadn't seen her. I went in and sat down. Her shirt was partially unbuttoned so that the IV could be inserted into herr arm. She was hooked up to three different kinds of poisons, and one normal IV ... all the noticing was me and how my days with my mom could be counted. Soo I decided to change who I was and how I looked on life. this all happened as I sat on a toilet and glanced at my watch while deep in thought. Each pilll a tiny soldier wa...
... was something good going on. There we were in a Denny's restaurant. I got up to go pay the bill; when I came back she was still sitting there so I sat down to finish my drink. As I sat down she turned to me and said "Hey Jason what's up?" I replied with "What's! up with what?" Then she continued to ask me the question with more ... ...
... states: "I was nineteen, a mere child, and infant, and here in the space of five minutes I"d struck down one greasy character and blundered into the waterlogged carcass of a second." (133) As I sat in jail with my friends I did not feel so invincible anymore, I had sobered up and started to reflect on my whole outlook on life. All I could think about was my ... bed, It replaced the lake as my place of refuge now. I knew my friends had the same thoughts as I did because they too sat in jail with deep thoughts. The lake we used to go to for fun was now a place that would haunt us for the ...
... , I can certainly say that it is here, within these walls, that I have been able to grow and see God more clearly. Probably most of us would often despise our schedules. Chemistry, Geometry, Speech, Social Studies, all molded into a huge ball that'd always appear like it's rolling down the mountain to get you. If that's not enough, there is this Shakesfest we ... ...
... , this blind man blasted those stereotypes out the window. Robert arrived and for the beginning of the night, only Robert and the narrator's wife had conversation while out narrator just sat there. How would you feel in his position? I"d be feeling like a loner or a "third wheel" and it would be somewhat depressing. It would be incredibly awkward. And with all of ... his worries, he just sat there and observed those thoughts happening. I would feel helpless. Robert, however, does attempt to keep the narrator in the two-way reminiscent conversation, but it wasn't until his wife went ... ...
... , what's going on is he going to die, Kyle was autistic." Julie never could believe this could happen to her. She kept thinking that she did something wrong. The doctor sat down with all of them and went over everything about autistic children. He let them know were they could get help and whom they could talk to if they need ... doctors took a lot of test and determined that is was cancer. Julie felt like her life was over, she felt like she was going to loose her baby. The doctor sat down with Julie and told her he wanted to started tremens right away. Knowing that was the best thing t...
... . When Miles had grown he went back to Martha's Vineyard hoping to strike up some old memories. The cottage was old and ran down. Miles walked to the beach and sat in the same spot where he and his mother had their picnics. There he must have fell asleep while he was a sleep he dreamed that Charlie's ghost paid him a visit ... jump on him and try to tear him to shreds. On one other occasion this cat had climbed into Miles's car and ripped his seat to pieces. Mrs. Whiting frequently sat out by the river that ran past the mansion with the cat on her lap. At the end of the story Mrs. Whitin...
... go to the doctor's office. So we went, but this time I had a handy barf bag by my side so we were set. My mom and I got to the doctors and sat in the waiting room for a good 15 minutes reading old magazines, watching little kids run around, and Barney was on TV. Finally, we were called to the back the nurse ... took my temperature and weighed me and sat me in another waiting room for about five minutes this time. The doctor comes in I tell him what is wrong and he gives us a prescription and were out of there ... ...
... personalities, and identify which one he was Mullen 2 most attracted to. Lust can catch one off guard, as it did to Sammy, and cause great havoc in one's life. The chemistry one may feel towards another is unpredictable and unplanned. No one ever can say they know when the next time is going to be that one will feel lust for ... ...
... mighty, fall so quickly? As the poem goes on, the reader realizes that the sun is not coming back, nothing is going to change: " The grass swayed / The surrounding darkness sat" (18-19). "Daydream" was written to show the even the great fall; no one is immune to the nature of life. Everything is vulnerable to the sands of time, even ... to get a unique fell of the setting and tone of the poem. After the boy is left all alone, everything remains silent and calm: " The grass swayed / The surrounding darkness sat" (18-19). "Daydream" in a truly wonderful piece of work. The reader can truly...
... have set up 'four good European chairs', and this shows the difference in both cultures. The Indian ladies, lounged around comfortably on the floor, while Olivia and the English ladies sat 'bolt upright'. Both cultures did what was expected of them. In the same scene, "Everyone played their part well - the Palace ladies as well as Mrs. Crawford - and gave evidence ... place, the food and all the things that the English can't change still form India. The same scene also demonstrates Olivia's acceptance of India. Olivia said that like to have sat on the floor as well, however, it would be...
... be on the arms of the chair or our lap. We also had to have our feet flat on the floor with our eyes closed. For about 30 minutes we sat there in silence. The first 10 minutes I was already over the experience. I was more so falling asleep than actually getting thoughts in my head. Then it finally came to me ... ...
... wouldn't change anything in me. I thought about many different things that night, and to be honest, I was full of stupid and irresponsible ideas. Finally I could calm down. I took a breath and sat behind the computer. The first thing which I did was searching Charlie Chaplin's letter to his daughter, afterwards I started reading it. It is hard to write down all the feelings which ... ...
... imagery effectively in disabled to stir the readers' emotions by picturing how the disabled soldier feels after returning from war. Owen starts of the first stanza by saying "he sat in a wheeled chair" this shows the readers that not only has he come back from war and lost his legs but by using the word 'wheeled' Owen is ... ...
... 't go to nobody church. But her family left her at the house by herself as they went to a barbeque. After they left she did some stuff with her hair and sat outside to let it dry in the sun. She went in the house and listened to the radio. She heard a noise of a car coming up her driveway he blew the ... ...