No results matched every word — showing papers matching any of them.
... In the revised edition the steps are thought to be processes a person can move back and forth between. A major point that people don't pay mind to be that the revised version is not completely sequential. The higher order thinking skills; such as Analyzing, Evaluating, and Creating can actually be used to teach Remembering, Understanding, and Applying. Something new that came from ... the revised version are the creation of knowledge dimensions. Knowledge Dimensions These took a great deal of consideration due to many possible knowledge dimensions. Four areas have been conceived as dynam...
... not. Nor did the readers when it was published. Little did du Maurier know, her novel ended up becoming a great success. Soon after, Alfred Hitchcock made a film version of Rebecca that soon became an even greater success than the novel itself. There are many opinions as to which ... a number of reasons. One of the reasons that I feel that the original novel Rebecca was more effective than the movie version was that I think the novel held suspense in a better way. While reading the novel, my suspense was able to build up more and more as I read further ... about them except from what you...
... and started to scan around the room. As I scampered around, I came upon this CD entitled Chrono Cross, which was one of my favorite videogames. My cousin even had a book (a written version of the game). I figured that I could use this for my project! I was awed and amazed with this game, which dealt with love, hate, friendship, and making decisions, which have their ... made this a very controversial game in 1998. Wow! Very heady stuff. This would be good for my project in Logic, I said to myself. But alas! The game had no written version! What would I submit? A CD copy of the game? So ...
... my thoughts for a loop. Just below the pulse of the new CD in the player I hear the repetitive click of plastic sleeves moving in and out of hands, like knuckles cracking one at a time. I look around at myriad of posters of recently and soon to be released albums and movies. The contrast of colors brought out more by the lighting hurt ... ...
... decipher communist codes. The fate of the free world depended upon his cutting out newspapers and magazines. There were people after him, trying to assassinate him to stop him from cracking their codes. He neglected to watch his child, who almost drowned, and hit his wife as a result of the members of this world of espionage. Despite the severe obstacle presented ... ...
... of color in educational materials. One of these tests involved students watching instructional videos in class. One group of students viewed the colored version of the video, while another group viewed the black and white version of the film. It was found that "students who viewed a colored version scored significantly higher on both immediate and delayed tests than did students who viewed a monochrome ... version. This study also found that students of different ability levels were affected differently by the presence or absence of color in the instructional materials" (16). There have...
Striving to achieve ones goals is not as easy as it may sound. The smart goal I chose was to learn the craft of bringing out the full flavor various alcoholic beverages. The goal I have in mind is, by the end of the semester, to be able to efficiently and tastefully mix beverages in order to satisfy my ... accept another bartender's recipe for a drink, I must do my own research on that drink and use more than one source to try and create what I believe to be my best version of that drink. Hypothesis is "a testable prediction" (Myers 20) and this plays a factor in my goal because I have to pr...
... through his understanding of human psychology. Any psychologist could make quite a career for himself studying the methodology of Hitler. The principals of groupthink, propaganda, and authoritarianism, were very much in full view for about two decades. How could any man be persuaded to round up and butcher herds of his fellow man? How could any decent person look upon a few races ... tape, seemed literally drunk with enthusiasm for serving Germany. In order to channel propaganda, Hitler forced teachers to teach Nazi principles and rewrote history books to conform everyone to his version...
... of entertainment could be so mind altering and cause so many different feelings. Then after I read it, I was really impressed. I could completely relate in a somewhat toned down version. I thought to myself I have fallen into a mini version of this many times. When I am down at the shore, like a fool I go in to the arcades on the boardwalk. I spend five, ten, fifteen, twenty dollars ... ...
... preco terms. In trying to be generous so that precision would be high almost every heading became a subheading and vice versa. In the three searches conducted on cognition, using a truncated version of cognitive (cogniti*) provided the most precision. In addition using a truncated word was the only way in which abstracts were found in the preco field. This leads us to believe ... a preco field it is more beneficial to have more than one word to search since in this database the preco field is searched by term rather than words. Using a truncated version of a word left the rest of the ph...
... conducted the experiment through two separate sessions one consisted of, first the Stroop test, then the SIPI and finally the automated SSPAN. The second session consisted of "the second version of the Stroop task, followed by the Dissociative Experiences Scale and the SART" (Marcusson-Clavertz et al., 2016, p. 456). The experimenters concluded that working memory capacity is associated with mind ... ...
... challenges were real and not independent variables. The study included the farmer's financial situation during pre and post-harvest as well as results from the Raven's Progressive Matrices and a numeric version of the traditional Stroop task (Mani, Mullainathan, Shafir & Zhao 2013). Factors that were outside of the studies control such as, physical exertion, crop yield, anxiety, and nutrition were considered and ... ...
... fit in because she thought differently. This was the reason she transferred to Dauntless and in Dauntless she learned to become brave and fearless which turned her into a much stronger version of herself. This quote shows Tris when she fully realizes what being Divergent means, "I am no longer Tris, the selfless, or Tris, the brave. I suppose that now, I must become ... ...
... games would cause participants to trust their counterpart and participate in an activity with them. In the study, two participants were randomly selected to play either a violent or non violent version of the video game Doom ™. Sheese and Graziano (2005) concluded that their current study indicates playing a violent video game may have negative effects on social behavior; they also show that ... ...
... story, the movie had its own advantages. The ability to be able to see everything that is going on is an immense improvement on its own. The movie is a condensed version of the story that still brings the point across. It is many hours shorter than reading the book. You could see how everybody acted around Charlie and how they harassed ... ...
... -identification of data was done before entering into any encrypted database. Reporting of the data was done in an aggregate format to prevent identification of the data. The SPSS-PC (Version 14.0) software was used to carry out statistical analysis of the data. Descriptive statistics were largely used to evaluate the distributions' shapes of indiscrete data, as well as, evaluating the ... ...
... ;And no creature is hidden from His sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account" (Heb. 4:13, English Standard Version). The study of the effects of social dynamics on social behaviors go beyond research and uncovering data that will allow educators to quantify protocols and students. The need for well ... ...
In the beginning of the movie "The Great Gatsby" it starts with a flashing black and white Warner Bros Advertisement. I think that this is very effective, because it is introducing us the time setting of "The Great Gatsby" which was set in New York 1922.The constant flashing is very affective as it is mimicking the technology of movie filming during that time era. Technology was not as advanced as it is today, the lights would flash during the filming and they were all black and white. In the script the opening scene is written as "A Black Screen." The blackness is pierced by a single, pulsing...
... as it was, much like a photographer would. She often depicts scenes similar to this one; with female subjects that appear unposed. Mary Cassatt is not romanticizing women or presenting a fantasized version of a woman, such as Venus or Madonna. Particularly in this painting, with its drastic dark colors and unapologetic approach, Cassatt is presenting an austere, noble, and mature woman. This goes ... ...
... around the point of the poem rather than straight to the point like Blake. Making the reader have to pay attention to the poem and understand it rather than the version like Wordsworth where it is an almost a fairy tale. Throughout history, man has been so inhumane to his fellow man. Poems are a particular way to form a closer communication between the ... ...
... , p. 2). A disassociated Norman then displays dangerous and delusional behavior though the killing of his female guest and a detective sent to find her. He hears a voice inside himself, his mother's voice (or a version of her voice). His split personality both envisions and commits the murders, while also being completely unaware. Shortly after discovering the female's body in the bathroom, a horrified Norman screams out ... ...
... for every answer are anarchy. The questions that are asked to him are not only still left unanswered, but more questions are received to be ponder over. In the longer version of Beowulf, the dragon becomes enraged when a man sneaks into his layer and steals a golden cup that the dragon was guarding. The dragon shortly finds out that the cup is ... ...
... is seen as harmful or destructive to either themselves or others around them. With such a definition alcoholism, or any addiction for that matter can than be considered as abnormal. This version of abnormal indicates that a person is in need of a change, and a change for the better. Abnormalities maybe be above and below the norm but someone who is above the only ... ...