No results matched every word — showing papers matching any of them.
... households everywhere to save money. This money could even be used to help pay for a student's college tuition! There is nothing better than a hot meal on a cold winter day during the school year. Though it seems that hot meals are only attainable for those students that buy their lunches, it is still possible for those students who bring their lunches to enjoy ... a warm meal. Piping hot tomato soup, savory lasagna, or even delicious grilled chicken can be heated up in the microwave and served hot for the students who bring their lunches. Many different companies offer microwavable mea...
... in their most unnatural brightness. The cook adjusted the thermostat to no avail, the furnace had broken again. She thought longingly of last summer, when the kitchen had been so hot the blocks of shortening would melt into puddles on the chipped tile floor. The kitchen was a long and narrow room, with the preparation equipment lining the right hand side, and ... . It would be hours before the concoction was ready to be served as gravy, but for now the cook was happy to stand beside the warm pot, and enjoy the hot steam coming from the fryers. When fifteen minutes had passed since she fi...
... around. She has quite a sense of humor. One instance occurred when a lot of us, including myself, Ashley, and some of our other friends, were down at the beach. It was a hot, sunny day in the middle of July. The sun was perfect; so perfect you were able to feel its warm rays sinking into your shoulders and cheeks. As I was lying ... on a blanket that was beginning to heat up from the hot sand below it, I heard Ashley shriek and yell hysterically. As I lifted up my head to see what was going on, I saw her charging at me with a handful of something green ... ...
... player in school. Time sure does fly by very fast. I can remember when I was still in kindergarten ; drinking orange juice and gram crackers, playing at recess, nap time, bringing my hot wheel cars in for show and tell, playing hide and go seek, isn't that funny. Then I realized the moment I've been waiting for has arrived. All the pain, struggling, and ... , we worked hard because we knew we were in a new conference with schools which were a lot larger than our own. But after day in and day out of practicing in hot summer weather all the way to cold shivering weather. Running and tackli...
... they would be issued a demerit. Five demerits would equal one JUG. One thing that really upset me was when it was hot outside and the students could not wear shorts. Regis was not an air conditioned school. You could imagine how hot it would get inside the building. To me the shorts rule was a rule that could cause health issues. Also, another ... ...
... himself apart from others who live routine and dull lifestyles. The life of Sammy is irritatingly repetitious and slavish, lacking the freedom that he desires. The stories" setting is seemingly a hot summer day, one that most people prefer to reserve for personal enjoyment. Nevertheless, Sammy is once again working, as he often does, doing the exact same actions in the same ... by the presence of a pretty girl who represents the other life he could be living and enjoying. The attractive girl's image is what first attracts Sammy's undivided attention on this hot summer day. This girl is ...
... , so we had to throw the bales up higher than our heads. We took it as a welcome challenge and still loaded faster than the other crew. Hay dust stirred into hot summer sunshine as we threw bales of hay and slammed them into place. Dust settled on us. We finished work for the day, drove down to the river, and swam ... start the school year. Then the school year did start. We walked the crowded halls of high school and started finding out what our friends had done through the long, hot summer. We dressed well and had plenty of energy for wrestling after school. We mixed classes with socia...
... that they are lazy, the adult figures in their life should offer alternative healthier food. When a child is walking around the playground, sitting on the equipment and eating a bag of hot Cheetos, there is not enough emphasis on that child's life that he must move to make his heart healthy. Put down the junk food, get up, and move. Involved parents ... ...
... a button or can cook something that is not microwavable. House management, cleaning, and maintence are another simple task to learn. The key word though is need. People do not know hot to do this off the top of their heads. Another broad topic is money, learning anything from balancing a checkbook to investing money is a very valuable task. Theses are all just ... ...
It was a beautiful Sunday in June, not quite yet summer because it was still considered spring at the time. The weather was absolutely perfect because it wasn't too hot or too cold and you could feel the nice summer breeze slowly blowing in just a few weeks earlier. It all commenced when the musicians began playing and everyone rose to ... ...
It was a hot day at the end of July in 2007, the day my hands were filled with luggage and my eyes enlarged with sadness to see everyone in my family around me at the airport. I saw my father's tears running down on his cheeks. I realized at that moment what an extraordinary influence my father has ...
... that people around me cared. It was a good feeling! Lets also remember the dedicated parents and friends in our Fontainebleau community for their countless hours of volunteering for pancake and hot dog lunches, and fundraisers like the Terry Fox Run, UNICEF and canned food drives. And most importantly, to thank our parents for their love, guidance, support and patience! They say ... ...
... like heaven on earth. This was the night that she was going to notice me. I walked through the cold brisk air to the gymnasium, when I open the door a blast of hot muggy wind covered my face. I started sweating right away. Everyone was cramped in the old small gym, which was filled with about four hundred seventh and eighth graders. I peered though ... ...
... without a degree states, "the demand for willing workers has been a siren song across America, enticing teens and twenty-somethings into the job market- especially in areas where high tech is hot. "( ) The fact that people accept these high-paying jobs is not at all surprising because good money is received right away. Thus, the temptation is powerful, and successfully utilizes the ... ...
... Ephedrine is being evaluated by the USDA and may become illegal over the counter. As I made it though high school and I no longer take part in the rush for the hot new supplements to make me perform better I have found that I haven't even thought about it in a long time. At the time I didn't even give it a second thought but now I see ... ...
... carry when I was in high school--bulging with two or three towels, a portable radio, magazines, bottles of suntan lotion, sunglasses, and a makeup case. By late afternoon the sand was scorching hot, my face and shoulders were blistered raw, my head pounded to the beat of my heart--and that beach bag seemed to weigh twice as much on my way back ... ...
... in a team that works together to win something. I think that swimming for Emory could make this happen. Along with the team being great in the water, the swimmers are pretty hot in the classroom. The team has the highest team grade point average for all other college swim teams. This fact makes Emory stand out in my mind as a better place ... ...
... didn't understood the meaning of his word, wish I can ask him again but to bad he past a way. My grandfather use to tell me that "Most North Americans who eat hot dogs (frankfurters) have never been to Frankfurt, nor have most North American Toyota owners or Sushi eater ever visited Japan". When I asked why?...
Sports Taboo The story I choose was the Sports Taboo by Malcom Gladwell. The word sports in the title caught my eye while I was flipping through the pages. I found the story very interesting and controversial. The essay begins with the subject why blacks are better than whites in sports. An...
... its diverse population have made it a major tourist attraction. Infact, it was the tourists who dubbed it Paradise. A treck to the Blue Mountain peak is invigorating, a cold Red Stripe on a hot day is refreshing, ackee and saltfish is sumptuous, jerk pork, fried fish and bammy, manish water and Reggae Music is the life'. It's a perfect picture painted for Tourists and it ... ...
... . That would start right after school, and you probably wouldn't get home until about 5 or 6:00 pm. Being your tired self, all you would want to do is take a nice, hot, relaxing shower and hit the hay. But that's not the case. Homework and studying comes first, so your parents say. They would most likely be right at your back, watching ... ...
... countless other activities that all children have been known to do. I remember we also loved to frequent our local ice cream shop, "Cone Zone-. We would get 3 scoop sundaes with hot fudge and other goodies on top. This establishment, "Cone Zone-, was the place where Lucy's life changed forever. I didn't know it at the time, but Lucy surly did. We were ... ...
... in line I felt as if everyone was looking at me as though I had the word "freshman" stamped upon my forehead. Walking back to my car felt like an eternity. I was hot, confused, lonely and tired. When reaching my car I noticed that another student had parked about two inches away from my driver's side door and I had to literally crawl through my ... ...
... for the Rich, By: John Rothchild Time Magazine, volume 145, pg 60 (January 30, 1995) Welfare Reform, By: Lawrence Mishel http://epn.org/epi/epwelf.html (Feb 22, 1994) 20 Hot Job Tracks, By: K.T. Beddingfield, R. M. Bennefield, J. Chetwynd, T. M. Ito, K. Pollack & A. R. Wright U.S. News & World Report, volume 119, pg 98 (Oct 30, 1995 ... ...