No results matched every word — showing papers matching any of them.
The Firm A novel review John Grisham's novel The Firm is the kind of book that you don't want to put down once you've started reading it. It makes you wonder and care for the characters" fate. We, the readers, want to get Mitch ... at the firm of Bendini, Lambert & Locke, we"re still fascinated - is that how tax lawyers really act? Are they really that corrupt?. The answers are worth the read. This book achieves its one clear aim - it places the hero, Mitchell, in a moral dilemma and we, as readers, wonder what would we have done in his situation? One page has a way ... ending of the novel,...
Movie Review of Macbeth Shakespeare's original version of Macbeth is truly a classic piece of literature. This is why I feel that Polanski needed to do a good job in bringing Macbeth from a novel to a movie. While Polanski was creating this film, he had to produce something that was both interesting to watch and also followed the book. This in my opinion is a hard task to ... anything that was going on, so I feel that they couldn't really have done anything different to the lighting. When I heard we were going to watch the movie after reading the book, I couldn't help but to wonder what Polan...
... to drugs. Alice dropped out of school and she left her house. She started to do anything for drug. Read this book and find out what happens to Alice. My opinion on this book was that I thought it was a nice easy book to read and it wasn't those types of books that you wanted to watch television instead of reading. It was ... a book that you couldn't put down and I would know because boring books you just don't keep reading. I think the character of this book was insecure and she just wanted to be in the popular crowd. But she wasn't too bright because they ... used her for a joke. This...
... laws, life would be hard to live, filled with violence and war. Another theme of the book is survival. Survival plays an important role for the boys. There was very little I disliked about this book. Probably the one thing that could have been improved upon was William Golding's use of difficult ... words and terms that could confuse the reader, but this happened rarely. I think all serious readers would like this book. I also think readers who are interested in human behaviour would like this book because of the way it demonstrates the many sides of human nature, values, and morals. I r...
... . The act of jealousy is usually related to lovers, but Lawrence uses it to contribute to the effect of the abnormal relationships that make up the novel. The way the book is written, certain situations and people are neglected. For instance, it is rare that Arthur and Annie appear, and are not involved in the main gist of the story. Also ... me, love and hate are two very strong feelings and when experiencing one it is often difficult to experience the other especially when relating them to the same person. This book was a one-of-a-kind description of a family with many problems, mainly...
... by gloom, and ruthlessness, rare characteristics such as kindness, and compassion ever present. This novel displays an undercurrent of love, friendship and trust. People who love each other in this book are obviously Greg and Mikki who at the end of the novel marry, Eric and Susan are another couple represented in the ... book. The love that Susan had for her deceased brother Richard is the single reason that Susan became involved in the "Facility", as Richard had left some files which Susan had ... ...
... must keep it close to her or she will suffer tremendously and be degraded. Tess will never be viewed as the same person due to her being impure. Throughout the book Tess tries be her own director in life but was overcome becoming a victim of purity and its hypocrisy. Tess has no one else to blame for her impurity than Alec ... ...
... her true self. She goes through many challenges and tries to block out what is really going on. In the end, she finally notices how she really feels. I think this book has many parts that I enjoyed, but also had some components that I didn't like. One of the reasons I liked this play is because Nora kept lying which helped me to anticipate ... ...
... able to trust myself and others. Trusting others is crucial to one's well being. Without trust a person becomes uneasy and unable to form normal loving relationships with others. In this book, as The Thing stole the identity of each scientist, the others lost all faith. They were slowly losing their minds as well as their lives. It is always freezing in ... ...
... the evil because he knows that Kathy has been wronged but refuses to give her the home back without it profiting him a great deal. At one dramatic part of the book the positions of good and evil swap. Kathy, with the assistance of Lester, becomes the evil. This comes with the taking of the colonel's family hostage. The colonel then becomes ... ...
Movie Review for All the King's Men The film I watched was All the King's Men. The movie's perspective is from that of Jack Burden, a journalist from a rich family who befriends a small town "honest man," Willie Stark, who is running for county treasurer so that he can keep the county commissione...
... the island. Most interesting character: The most interesting character to me was Jack. Jack has attitude and fights and stands up for what he wants. He's the antagonist in the book. He ends up turning evil and doing bad things and that intrigued me because it made me realize we all have a little bit of Jack in us. Passage One &apos ... do end up becoming savages and going crazy and kill people. Nothing about them is proper or elegant it's simply survival of the fittest. Would I recommend this book? Yes, I would definitely recommend this book because it really opens your eyes. It doesn't...
... Paul's friends let him one by one, Paul got alone, and finally died in peace at the end of the war. The theme of the whole book is the horror and violence of the war, and how the superior leaders using young soldiers as their tools to against each other in the war. The ... that showed out the author's point of view. All most in every single event that happened in this novel, Paul had his own feelings and thoughts, this book seemed like a Paul's little diary, which recorded his pain and suffering. The descriptions of Paul's feelings were very meticulous, and gave the readers a impressive ...
I am reading the book Phone Calls by R.L. Stine. The book reflects how two best friends, Diane and Julie, get into a big argument over one phone call. Which the gets Diane's brother Toby, Ramar, Mick Wilson and Mick ... Toby, Julie and Ramar. Diane and Mick Wilson got along. Mick and Diane got along because Mick knew it was a misunderstanding. When I first started to read this book, I knew Diane was going to be my favorite character because in the beginning she was right and Julie was wrong. Julie thought Diane was trying to get her and ... all six were friends again. Julie kept playing jo...
... or surrounding and every encounter and memory that occurred on the journey. In the movie whilliam nd mary had only one child at the beginning, Tommie. In the book there were two Tommie and Georgie. On the morning of the Indian attack when john and whilliam went to work they did not go the field as in the ... to a fence and they worked on that instead. Then when the Indians attack cornel pattan does not behead one of the Indian attackers as he does in the book. instead he takes his sword and then is killed. In the movie, after the attack when bettie mary and Tommie are being taken to the I...
... robot and have the police arrest the evil scientist. The evil scientist confesses everything and tells them where Johnny can be found. How I felt about the book: I liked this book. I picked this book because I like mysteries. This book also had a lot of action like when the professor was figuring out how to turn off the robot so it wouldn't kill any more people. It ... was also scary at times like when the evil scientist was going to kill Johnny to get his eyes. The book was not boring it always kept me ... ...
... was written around 250 BC. The writer is anonymous other than referring to himself as a "teacher" and the son of King David. Throughout the book, the teacher explains how everything in life is meaningless. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless" (Eccles. 1:2). He also talks a lot about death, mentioning that those who are dead are living better ... ...
... is a story by Elie Wiesel and his experiences in the death camps during the holocaust. Is Night a story of hope or despair? Night is a story of despair because throughout the book Elie lost so many things that it brought him down. Elie continually prayed before entering the death camps. He prays because "Man raises himself toward god by the questions he ... ...
... to witness. I pray that this type of mass murder of a certain people will never happen again. If it does I believe it may be the end of existence on earth. This book and so many other books and movies have been written about the holocaust so it will never be forgotten, so it will never happen again, so that we can be ... ...
... to witness. I pray that this type of mass murder of a certain people will never happen again. If it does I believe it may be the end of existence on earth. This book and so many other books and movies have been written about the holocaust so it will never be forgotten, so it will never happen again, so that we can be ... ...
O Pioneers! By: Willa Cather O Pioneer!, is a story about a strong woman's life out on the land in early America. The book takes you through all the many hardships and wonders of her life. The book helps you to see the adversity of being a strong woman of that time. The book starts off with the heroine Alexandra with her father talking ... she looses him unexpectedly, but she moves on and forgives. She is truly a strong woman of her time. I found this book to be a well written book to read and to connect with. Though the book was slow to start, you grew to respect Alexandra for strong will an...