No results matched every word — showing papers matching any of them.
Effects of Birth Order on Personality There are no formulas to help us understand our friends and family. However, birth order research is providing evidence ... topic, taking into account the extraneous variables such as gender, age differences, socio-economic situation and cultural setting, serve as the replicated illustrations to Sulloway's notes. The areas of difference in personality traits between birth placing are discussed with regards to the need for achievement, parental affection and investment, social involvement and ... family increases, academic development of the younger sibl...
... I think that has happen to everyone throughout his or her lifetime. In college, you tend to have more time on your hands and the last thing on one's mind is homework. But I learned some tricks once for concentrating on homework. I never used them in high school but I tend to use them more since I have been attending college ... . The first trick is: keep your desk clean. It is just better to work on a surface that looks like a Japanese garden than on one that looks as if a world war had taken place on it. If the working conditions are nicer, people just tend to work harder without feelin...
... I think that has happen to everyone throughout his or her lifetime. In college, you tend to have more time on your hands and the last thing on one's mind is homework. But I learned some tricks once for concentrating on homework. I never used them in high school but I tend to use them more since I have been attending college ... . The first trick is: keep your desk clean. It is just better to work on a surface that looks like a Japanese garden than on one that looks as if a world war had taken place on it. If the working conditions are nicer, people just tend to work harder without feelin...
... guidance that can not be provided by only one parent. The effects usually begin to show later down the road. As a child, it is hard to comprehend what is going on around them. Custody battles can effect a child dramatically according to research conducted by North Carolina State. One parent can slander the other, skewing the child's perception, as well as ruining ... ...
... in additional areas of life. In the extent of the last two decades, it has been proven that emotion understanding can alter with age. Recent studies have begun to focus on children's individual emotion understanding. Researchers in this study also hypothesized that as children mature, their emotion understanding will increase. The researchers" first goal of this study was to examine the ... ...
... to procreate and keep the "Homo Sapiens" alive, but it is also a way to know your partner(s) as you know yourself, and it also helps to relieve stress. The soul on the other hand has no "physical needs." It will never manifests its inconformity. The "care of the soul" is a mystery that cannot be explained in organic or physical terms. The ... ...
... for. Prufrock said that he was going to attend some party but had some negative feeling about if he should go or not . Prufrock mentioned that he had a bald spot on his head and that he was very thin which brought his hopes down and made him think even more about if he should stay at the party or go. When ... ...
... , but the best lessons are taught from a good friend. As Morrie teaches Mitch lessons including not to be fearful of age, not to worry about what people think, and lessons on how to keep a good marriage, Mitch finds that Morrie speaks not only from experience and thought, but with deep sincerity from the heart. Mitch has a great fear of aging, but ... ...
... period of time, then I have done something truly special. I guess that's it for now. I think I may have gotten little carried away. My apologies if I sound preachy - I don't force my views on anyone, this is simply a window into who I am and how I live my life. ...
Study on Animal Instinct Behavior- Fear The study conducted at the University of California entitled "Temporally Massed CS Presentations Generate More Fear Extinction Than Spaced Presentations", not only helped mice get passed ... , a fear is more likely to be unlearned if the stimulus is presented to the subject without the factor that caused the fear than for a subject to just lose the fear on their own without an "un-learning" process....
... and space are the first and foremost modes of perception and not attributes of the physical world" (Gaarder, 1996). The mind sees things in relation to time. Time cannot exist on its own because it is conceived in the mind, it is a priori. Time is a mode of perception we use to see and understand things in the physical world. Time is ... nothing more than a mental structure that the mind uses to organize its sensations" (Simon & Schuster: Upper Saddle, New Jersey, 1995. p.397). Space is just an inner reality that is imposed on the phenomenal world. Animals do not seem to have a concept ...
... parents are the main source. Prejudice is a cyclical phenomenon. I'd say the original source cannot be traced, but parent teaches child who teaches their child who teaches their child and so on. Parents socialize their children by instilling their own values, morals, belief systems, etc. into their children "if the parent is prejudice, the child is likely to be as well ... before, prejudice starts in the family with socialization. Our generation and future ones have the power to begin to reconstruct our prejudiced ways of thinking and behavior. By not passing on these intolerant values ...
Divorce and It's Affect on Children Divorce means the end of your marriage, but not of your family. Your children still need to feel loved and supported by both of you. One of the biggest ... be effective partners in the work of raising healthy, happy children. As soon as the children have been told, notify their teachers. Children may be upset or have difficulty concentrating on schoolwork. Teachers will be more understanding of changes in behavior if they are aware of the situation, and can offer comfort and support. It may also help to talk to ... ...
... some situations in which using my understanding of perception checking gives me a better way to react and handle my interpretations. The first situation I have encountered is that I was not clear on my uncle's intention. I have lived with my uncle's family when I came to study abroad in the U.S. My uncle and I have a great relationship. The first few months after I came, I eat and ... was not clear to me. My mom goes home after a 3-day long business trip and I am supposed to pick her up at the coach station. My mom was so quiet on the way home. She said she was tired and I understood th...
... themselves to express their true selves. They're hiding underneath the shadows of society, forced to meet expectations and live by either self-imposed or societies rules. Everyone was put on this earth for a reason and every person is different with their own feelings, thoughts, likes, dislikes, and personalities. With this in mind, why does society force conformity? "Let me take ... difference in the overall piece. By using salt to create a worn a sporadic look in the batik it helps to show the worn outside of one's soul. The dark solemn colors on the front also help to create the look...
... my friends would take up for me and tell the truth about what had really happened that night, then come to find out, they all lied and put the blame on me. I took up for them and told the complete truth, but I guess they couldn't do the same for me. It hurt me the day I sat in your office and heard ... in danger or making her feel threatened. I would never want to put anyone through that. I hope things with Shannon and I can just get back to normal and we can go on with our lives as if this had never happened. I know that if something like this would happen to me, I would be really hurt...
... seems the opposition between the two arises from Burke's definitions of joy and delight. Beauty is reminiscent of joy because it creates pleasure smoothly and arises daintily on its own, while the sublime arises from delight, which is pleasure from the loss of pain, in two ways. The first is that sublimity can arise ... drug because the he or she experiences pain all the time that he or she is deprived from it, but that moment when they get their hands on it creates a feeling of sublimity through the knowledge that they will be able to escape the pain and move into sublimity. The achie...
... opponents yield higher voter turnout than do positive political campaigns. Just as negative information can be more impactful on attitudes and negative attitudes can be more impactful on behavior, it is possible that merely perceiving one's attitudes as being negative will have similar effects. Depending on how an issue is framed, people can think of themselves as having either a positive or negative attitude ... persuasion than does framing attitudes positively. In two studies, participants were led to create attitudes toward either candidates running for a local election or toward a c...
... and care. There are no other relationships I cherish more then the one I have with my family merely because when the world turns its back on me, and reality seems difficulty and hostile, my family will be the one to bring me back up. I learned to never be embarrassed by ... relationship between my family and I is what became the foundation to individuals outside. I learn to recognize a friendship as opposed to a relationship that is based on reputation and popularity. This being the reason that I appreciate my friends because they acknowledge me as who I am, and through those challenges...
... the dynamics of shopping: in other words how shoppers respond psychologically to the placement of merchandise, packaging, and other features of the merchandise itself. The first part provides details on how Underhill and his trackers got started in the people-shopping business and why he got started in that business. There studies prove that the longer a shopper remains in a ... zone" (the area just inside the store's entrance); and "circulation patterns" (how shoppers move throughout a store), and the relationship between a customer's amenability and profitability, learning how good st...
... obey authority even when commands create a dilemma with their consciences. In the study, the dilemma is between the desire to satisfy a superior's instructions and the guilt caused by inflicting pain on an innocent person. In Milgram's basic experimental setup, ordinary people were recruited and brought into a laboratory to participate in what they were told was a study of exploring the effects of ... punishment on learning behavior. On arrival, they were given the role of the teacher, but were actually the unknowing subjects of the experiment. The subjects - "teachers"- would read a se...
... has to cope with stress in life. Stress is something one cannot avoid whether it is positive, negative, mental, physical or emotional. It is important to note that stress depends on many variables and can affect each individual in a different way. Athletic performance is improved by stress; performance is usually very weak without intensity. This has been proven in many ways ... . For optimal performance, you need mid-level stress. Tool little stress calms the athlete down and causes and lethargic affect on the athlete. Too much stress will hinder concentration and cause unforced errors ...
... best discussed rather than defined, I feel as though John's continuum is extremely accurate and worthy of being discussed. This paper will discuss John's continuum while also giving insight and analysis on how it allows individuals to realize that humans inherently possess multiple personalities; which may be considered either good or bad. John's "Qualities of Communication" continuum has three parts; which includes ... can also be named "Personalities of Human Communication." To explain, John's continuum opens the door for one to become aware of the multiple personalities a person jump...
... about human motivation. What drives humans to do the things they do? This is a typical question addressed in a psychology lecture class. One may ask; what drives Greg to still go on with his life? This can be depicted in the beginning dedication of the book. "To the memories of my father, James A. "Buster" Williams, and my "truly mother," Dora Weekly Smith ... this book. In this next example, Gregory is influenced by his grandmother and father. "I've got me a big shot lawyer in the making. He's sitting over there getting" coal dust on his books" (64). Gregory was the brother that was al...