No results matched every word — showing papers matching any of them.
... I must have done something right. For my other classes I rarely read the material. I would go to class and take notes on the lecture. When it was time for the test I would study my notes. Occasionally I would look up material if I needed a better understanding of the material. For the most part though I passed ... point that I saw no point in reading because I would not learn the information anyway. I felt I comprehend material much better when I listen to a lecture and take notes. That is how I got through college, of course my grades could have been better, but I made it. Today I am m...
... head out to the living room and out the front door. As I step out on to the front deck, I immediately realize that I am on the edge of a cliff. Out past it's edge I can see trees that have giant green and pink marshmallow leaves. As someone talking to him distracts Chad, I scale along the house and try ... work." "What, get up, and come on." "I can't Chad, my legs won't work, look." "Fine, fuck it." And he heads up the cliff. As I sit there, I think that maybe if I scoot away from the cliff, my legs will feel better. I do and it works, but there I am. I look at the house in front of me,...
... need to be evaluated and treated with more enthusiasm. A teacher is teaching environmental science to a class for the students first time. What should the teacher do? Give them pages of notes, quizzes, a few tests, and an exam. No! Get those kids outside. Show them about environmental science. When students are learning something new for the first time, they need to be ... over the years that the teachers that enjoy teaching, have the students that enjoy learning and perform better in class. The teachers that everyone hates and wishes would fall off a cliff; have the students who do hor...
... about all the things he couldn't wait to do at this park. He had all us laughing talking about how scared he is to go horseback riding and cliff climbing I agree with him on cliff climbing. The whole time from when we got off the bus at the park it was amazing. We had bears walking around us freely and the people ... a ride back to the resorts office. I was treated by the parks medical staff laid up for about 2 hours then me and my cousin continued our trail. We had a great time cliff climbing and white water rafting. I have some great pictures in my cell phone of the trip a bunch of ex...
... 30 years, the minority students, (latino/as, blacks, Asians, etc.,) will, in fact, make up the majority of students, (Introduction to Teaching. Class notes. 10/10/16). Being a minority, this is very interesting. I want to teach diversity because it's a very important aspect of our lives. Mrs. ... how when she taught a third-grade class, she had a massive prairie unit where she tried to tie everything up with prairies, (Introduction to Teaching. Class notes. 9/7/16). This was so inspiring to me because I was always afraid that when I become a teacher, I will have to go directly according ...
... be puzzled when they first deal with a new things, but in the next time, they can solve the problem easier. Some students go to tutorial schools because of the lecture notes and tips for examination. In every tutorial school, each tutor has a team working with him. The team search for the usable resources and put them into the ... notes. Admittedly, these notes are useful for students but why a secondary school cant give such beautiful notes to the students? Not because the teachers are lazy, but only they are too busy. Secondary school teachers need to manage lots of ... ...
... a secondary school student where they would be required to know how to sight read and sing or play the scale in different keys. Individual assessments would be graded on the notes you sing or play correctly. In secondary school, the work is harder than would be in primary school. Students would be required to sight read in any key with a given ... do from the piano or other instrument if needed. They should have to sing or play a series of notes of varying beats to create a tune. Students would also be required to be able to perform the scale in any key within their vocal range if they ...
... just too scared to ask questions. I depended on my lip reading skills. I understood or I didn't. I passed every grade with all A's, even when it was hard to lip read and take notes at the same time. Mrs. Burnett, my third grade teacher, talked to me about getting a cochlear implant. I refused. A cochlear implant is a surgical device that requires anesthesia and shaving your hair ... helped me make the decision to get my right ear done. Because I would be going to a bigger school where teachers pay less attention to you and expect you to write notes as they talk, I decided to get it. I w...
... other is the first sign of the changes to come. Even the simple things seem to signify major changes. For example, the copying of notes on the blackboard to the learning of how to take class lecture notes. College instructors often lecture non-stop, expecting students to identify the important points and note them accordingly. Good note taking skills are a must. Also ... , instructors will usually give students a study-guide before an exam. It is a student's own responsibility, however, to have taken good notes, thus making it easier to refer to the study-guide. Moving from one stage to ...
... "16 Candles," there is plenty of perfect examples of satire. Three easy, but very common, examples of satire given in the movie are having your true first crush. Secondly passing notes during class about dull things that are going on. Finally looking up the higher grades, the "Greats." Foremost, having your first crush in high school is a very big event in ... are called stalkers!). Next, the note passing during class. This is a major event that gets satirized very often. Some people, 99% girls, decide to take it upon themselves to write notes to each other about gossip, also about crus...
... teachers carefully monitor the attendance. If you are absent from a class, teachers will give you the information you missed. They will write down information for you to copy into your notes. Teachers often check your completed homework. High school teachers have been trained in teaching methods to assist imparting knowledge. They have the skills to help students any subject. College students ... , but they will assume you can perform the same task on a test. Professors want and expect you to seek help outside the classroom. They also expect you to get the notes from another student if y...
... see one thing that another might have missed, some notice detail others just notice the big picture. I personally notice detail about everything, from watching how people interact to looking over a cliff at a landscape. I've picked up on things in the last couple of years that I don't think other people involved did. On September 11, 2001 there was a tragedy in America, we ... ...
... percent of the population. There seems to be a recent scramble for young audience among the media, especially among the newspaper industry. The Media Management Center at Northwestern University reports that a "cliff" is in sight, with daily newspaper readership among the adult U.S. population declining from nearly 80 percent in 1970 to 50 percent today, and a projection of 40 percent in 2010. Generation ... ...
... through all this battle to be different they are all becoming more and more alike. This group of lemmings may soon find themselves following each other over the cliff of college drop outs. I thought that college would be challenging. While chained in my cave, those who had already seen the sunshine told me that college was completely different from ... ...
... , and the constant struggle to be "popular". Television has created and shaped our culture both in and outside of school. T.V is what portrays the image of popular culture. (Jan 5 2004, notes) With the development of the television in the nineteen fifties, comes the access to world issues and trends such as fashion and language. Because of this, television is said to ... question why they wore the clothes they did. This example can be directly related to the fashions viewed on television at the time. "Every new media changes us" (Jan 5 2004, notes), it changes the way we look, and the wa...
... me damn near crazy....I kept wanting to kill whoever"d written it." (201) Holden Caulfield the protector of the youth. Holden always saw himself catching these children who were playing on cliff above a field of rye. That's what he told his sister he wanted to do. Holden Caulfield the catcher in the rye. Holden Caulfield is sane in a sane world because although ... ...
... relatable to the target audience. The situations and resolutions also play a big part in why these films are still made today. Even though Cameron sends his father's priceless car over a cliff, he can still muster a smile and convince himself and the audience that everything is, in fact, going to be okay; not only be Cameron's strong conviction that he can talk ... ...
... students can work hard and try to make something of themselves - by themselves, work at low paying jobs, or take risks (248). The choice is theirs. Gaines offers several examples. Cliff studied graphic arts and printing, but worked in a deli. His parents died before he was twenty-one. He wanted to open a deli of his own, but didn"t have the needed ... ...
... were sitting. I didn't actually want to pick a seat. In Philippines the teacher sits us in order, so I never needed to worry about that. I spent the remaining of the class taking notes from the picture created by the projector. In Philippine schools, we did not use the technology we had. We had to take ... notes as the teacher spoke. In view of the fact that it was my first day, I was baffled which hallway to use, but I managed to get to my classes without asking ... ...
... click with. I always felt like I was butting heads with the teachers. I had my own ways of remembering and learning. Whenever a teacher told me how to outline or how to take notes, I would always ask if I could do it my way, so I would remember it easily. After that, they took it as being disrespectful. While in high school, I always wanted out. I couldn ... changed my perspective of the teachers at Huntingtown High School. He did not degrade students, he always made sure that we understood content before moving on, but never babied us. Notes and homework were written in whatever format...
... , in high school the person who teaches you is your teacher, but in college they are called professors. In high school, the teachers would teach from a powerpoint, make you take notes, pass out some class work, and finally some homework that will be turned in the next day. In college it is mainly lectures and ... notes with very little to no classwork. Most of the professors do not use powerpoint during their lectures; although, they may write information on the white board. The classes are also a ... ...
... , physiology, microbiology, chemistry, nutrition, psychology and other behavioral sciences, and nursing. Course work also includes the liberal arts. I need to get an internship at a hospital as well. I need to take notes and see head on how it is and what I need to do. I can't just go to school and walk into a hospital and know what to do right off the bat ... . I need to see what its like and what I will be dealing with. The internship is going to be for one year. So for one year I will be at a hospital taking notes and just helping out as much as I can. Supervised experience is provided...
... going on at home or even the weather. One way that I learned to compensate for this shortcoming was to actually record the lecture while taking notes at the same time. This allowed me to review my notes in my spare time and at the same time listen again to the lecture to see if I missed anything. Grouper or Stringer : This area truly ... ...
... to the lesson at hand. I did not enjoy, nor learn as well in classrooms where the teacher did all the talking by just lecturing the class and having them take notes. That is a horrible way to learn in my opinion. There needs to be interaction between teacher and students. Relating the lesson to things that the children will understand is the ... see others performing at that level. I did not enjoy teachers that just passed back assignments and tests with nothing to say about them. Something as little as giving stickers or notes on the papers that are returned can make a world of differe...