No results matched every word — showing papers matching any of them.
... was the reason behind it. What I mean is that from this program I never understood what they were trying to really pursue. If the program had a better way to show the importance of reading maybe things would have been different from me. In high school, I would read many books but only to meet the class requirements. When I look back at high school ... . As time passed on, I began to see the difference in my writing but I still didn't know why I was not a good writer. Now, when I"m about to graduate from college I realized the importance of reading and writing after I started working at t...
Importance of a Higher Education Some people say that the world has many opportunities; some say that you can't get anywhere unless you are born to some certain class of people. Some even say that it is pure fate that brings you where you are going to be and what you get is what you get and you c...
... . Aside from the many academic benefits of music education at a young age, music in schools promotes social well-being and gives children a sense of belonging to a group. The feeling of importance and inclusion is vital to a child's development and self-esteem. By participating in a music ensemble, a child feels as though his or her part is imperative to the success of the ... ...
The Importance of College Life starts with learning. From the day you're born until the day you die you are taught to absorb your surroundings and indulge in the joys of life, love, and education. That experience continues in college. Through college we gain maturity, find out who we are and ...
... students make their own schedule, often leaving hours and hours in between classes with class times varying throughout the day and evening. Also of importance is the increase in the personal homework. It is normal for high school students to spend five to ten hours per week studying outside ... changes to come. Even the simple things seem to signify major changes. For example, the copying of notes on the blackboard to the learning of how to take class lecture notes. College instructors often lecture non-stop, expecting students to identify the important points and note them accordingly....
... and the authors of them, despite what many people think, are not out to corrupt children. Some people take a different view on this issue and believe that many books, from classic novels like the "Catcher in the Rye" to the recent award-winning "Harry Potter", have objectionable subject matters that should not be used in the classroom. In schools around the ... back of the library shelf. Students may check it out if they wish to do so, however, the book will no longer be required, and therefore will undeniably dwindle from classic teenage reading. The school principle, Terry Saul, justi...
... day was gossip-free. Every class enjoyed discussing the newest, juiciest details. If you had a teacher who, for some unknown reason, thought talking disrupted the learning process, then you passed notes. In college, if you"re stupid enough to talk in class you deserve to get in trouble. Most of the time the teachers ask you to leave the classroom. If ... hard-pressed to be able to get away with talking in class and still take detailed enough notes to help you to pass the finals. The pressures of high school are barely worth discussing. You have ridiculously few pressures and concerns re...
Computers have changed the way we work, regardless of profession. Therefore, it is only natural that the role of computers in education has been given a lot of importance in recent years. As technology develops and becomes more popular, so does the use of that technology. Computers play a vital role in every field. They aid industrial processes, they find ... for information in thick thousand-page books. The process of learning has gone beyond learning from textbooks to a much larger and easier storage unit of information. Computers allow for taking notes faster during class and being able t...
... his son, whether it's throwing a baseball or going fishing at the lake. Fathers should also be responsible for teaching their son the ways of the world, especially about the female. Earnest Hemingway presents a normal father-son relationship in the story "Indian Camp". Hemingway demonstrates a normal relationship between Nick and his father, by showing that they actually do things together. An example ... ." Here he is actually teaching his son why a women screams when she is having her baby. I have personally experienced this with my dad, when he talks to me about the importance of an e...
... having to apply to colleges with an 840 SAT and a Cum Unwtd 2.77 GPA. Had I taken my grades seriously, I could have been a college's dream candidate. This year I have made an earnest effort to improve my work ethic. My grade point average is rising and my study habits are improving. However, after performing poorly for three years, my GPA cannot reflect the ... making something of myself; I've finally matured and I am now trying to lessen the consequences of my past actions. Armed with my new attitude and my understanding of the extreme importance of earning good grades to signal my cap...
... , Mrs. Rall makes herself daily, monthly, and yearly schedules. She said it is important for her to keep everything straight. She also stressed the importance of staying current with issues in counseling. She receives professional journals and keeps an ongoing dialogue about counseling issues with her co-counselor. The most current ... issue she has dealt with concerns the content of her counseling notes. She has made a point of keeping up on the latest regulations, due to the fact that the other counselor in her school has already had ... her notes subpoenaed twice. Considering all of ...
... microphone to the next suited gentleman. The athletic director, Mr. Lipinski, he just talked about how to get involved and was nothing of too much importance. At the beginning of my second marking period, freshman year, my Social Studies class would be my first attempt at the requirement. My teacher, Ms ... only the requirement but in assignment in class, with motivation to get the requirement out of the way as early as possible. A paper with this much importance should not be left until two nights before it was due, something I learned the hardway. I didn't take advantage of my class tim...
... . After his death he was all but forgotten for 200 years until his works were discovered early in this century. The Four Seasons, his most famous work, has become a true classic in the modern world and has remained a popular piece until this day. Indeed, Vivaldi's masterpiece was proudly presented by Paramount High School String Orchestra in the Orchestra Exchange Concert as ... introduced. Following the motive is the solo violin with birdlike trills and high running scales, accompanied by the rest of the orchestra. Vivaldi had made a wise use in adding staccato notes, trills, and runnin...
... by recording all tests, quiz dates, and chapters that are involved immediately upon receiving his syllabus at the beginning of each semester; this provides the student with a convenient reference. The importance of this reference is the student has quick access to information; otherwise, he would frantically search through all of the accumulated handouts that he had received throughout the semester. As ... job by putting in an eight-hour day, including class and study time. This dedication will be evidenced in the student's grades. Finally, each student can create a quiz, using the note...
... addition, the multiple-regression technique used for the study made possible the development of an equation to predict the number of errors students are likely to make in their shorthand notes when taking dictation. By means of time-study techniques, Jester (33) discovered pertinent information about the transcription process. Of particular consequence to shorthand teachers was that non-typewriting activities of ... transcription, such as erasing, deciphering poor shorthand notes, proofreading, and dealing with spelling problems, were of more importance with regard to time than the type...
... are also similar in many ways, they both discuss how music teachers need to find a way to help both the students and the students the importance of Music Education, as well as the to help the school administrations and school boards to understand the value of the music programs. When dealing ... to try and develop a program that involves as many students as possible, make sure that your students and the parents understand the importance of music education, make sure that the administration as well as the school board know and also understand the value of the music program, write ... tha...
... I must have done something right. For my other classes I rarely read the material. I would go to class and take notes on the lecture. When it was time for the test I would study my notes. Occasionally I would look up material if I needed a better understanding of the material. For the most part though I passed the ... point that I saw no point in reading because I would not learn the information anyway. I felt I comprehend material much better when I listen to a lecture and take notes. That is how I got through college, of course my grades could have been better, but I made it. Today I a...
... ) compares the college application decisions of high school graduates at top institutions. Although he finds that students of color attended slightly better institutions then white students with similar characteristics, he notes that this observation is only based on test scores and high school GPA information. With tens of thousands of applicants, large, public universities do not have time nor labor to ... been accepted without the points that are awarded to students for race. In examining how enrollment rates changed once the racial preferences were eliminated is another way to deciph...
... religious leaders at the time were that they were a joke. She said her reason for these thoughts were because of the leaders at the time, such as Jim Baker and Earnest Angley, who would say, "Put your hands on the T.V. set I can heal you." I have never really gotten religion thorough media, if I wanted religion I went to church, however I know that it ... ...
... subject to criticism for being quiet and devoted to soccer. As the year progressed, Mr. LaRosa's inspiration gave me the courage to guest play for a team at the Florida Orange Classic in December. Once again, I had the experience playing as a part of a team with whom I had never played before. I fit right in! Mr. LaRosa recommended and encouraged me to become a player ... . It was an experience that freed me to be who I am and to strive for excellence in the many areas of my life. The entire year taught me about the importance of being true to myself and sacrificing for the sport that I ...
The Road to Success What is the likelihood of getting into an Ivy League school? What would increase your chances? There used to be no greater importance in American higher education than to go to an Ivy League college or university. Unfortunately, there are some major challenges involved in applying to these schools due to the tremendous ... schools. The ugly truth is that these schools everyday reject very bright and capable students. Basically, everyone in North America is applying to the same ten or fifteen schools, creating a classic market difference of supply and demand. I'm sure that...
... be puzzled when they first deal with a new things, but in the next time, they can solve the problem easier. Some students go to tutorial schools because of the lecture notes and tips for examination. In every tutorial school, each tutor has a team working with him. The team search for the usable resources and put them into the ... notes. Admittedly, these notes are useful for students but why a secondary school cant give such beautiful notes to the students? Not because the teachers are lazy, but only they are too busy. Secondary school teachers need to manage lots of ... ...