No results matched every word — showing papers matching any of them.
... head out to the living room and out the front door. As I step out on to the front deck, I immediately realize that I am on the edge of a cliff. Out past it's edge I can see trees that have giant green and pink marshmallow leaves. As someone talking to him distracts Chad, I scale along the house and try ... and tell them all of us were tripping "Christie, what's wrong, why are you crying?" "They're all dead Alex." "Who?" "All of them" as I gestured to the cliff. "No there, not. I'd be able to hear them if they weren't okay." "Oh, okay." I went on watching the movie and then they all cam...
... I must have done something right. For my other classes I rarely read the material. I would go to class and take notes on the lecture. When it was time for the test I would study my notes. Occasionally I would look up material if I needed a better understanding of the material. For the most part though I passed ... point that I saw no point in reading because I would not learn the information anyway. I felt I comprehend material much better when I listen to a lecture and take notes. That is how I got through college, of course my grades could have been better, but I made it. Today I am m...
... summers were and what they have been doing, until four formally dressed people stepped up on to the stage. With a short pause the once buzzing theater went silent, a man in a gray suit with a green tie walks up to the microphone in the middle of the stage, with the other unfamiliar three people standing at his side. The man in the ... gray suit introduced himself as Principal Greg Shugrue, and begun the first of many speeches we would hear in the next three hours of our life. He spoke very clear and ... of pottery in Mexico's history, this essay was my choice, I loved ceramics and it ...
... need to be evaluated and treated with more enthusiasm. A teacher is teaching environmental science to a class for the students first time. What should the teacher do? Give them pages of notes, quizzes, a few tests, and an exam. No! Get those kids outside. Show them about environmental science. When students are learning something new for the first time, they need to be ... over the years that the teachers that enjoy teaching, have the students that enjoy learning and perform better in class. The teachers that everyone hates and wishes would fall off a cliff; have the students who do hor...
... about all the things he couldn't wait to do at this park. He had all us laughing talking about how scared he is to go horseback riding and cliff climbing I agree with him on cliff climbing. The whole time from when we got off the bus at the park it was amazing. We had bears walking around us freely and the people ... a ride back to the resorts office. I was treated by the parks medical staff laid up for about 2 hours then me and my cousin continued our trail. We had a great time cliff climbing and white water rafting. I have some great pictures in my cell phone of the trip a bunch of ex...
... , the multiple-regression technique used for the study made possible the development of an equation to predict the number of errors students are likely to make in their shorthand notes when taking dictation. By means of time-study techniques, Jester (33) discovered pertinent information about the transcription process. Of particular consequence to shorthand teachers was that non- ... typewriting activities of transcription, such as erasing, deciphering poor shorthand notes, proofreading, and dealing with spelling problems, were of more importance with regard to time than the typewriting a...
... in life from a different point of view. Some see one thing that another might have missed, some notice detail others just notice the big picture. I personally notice detail about everything, from watching how people interact to looking over a cliff at a landscape. I've picked up on things in the last couple of years that I don't think other people involved did. On September 11 ... ...
... through all this battle to be different they are all becoming more and more alike. This group of lemmings may soon find themselves following each other over the cliff of college drop outs. I thought that college would be challenging. While chained in my cave, those who had already seen the sunshine told me that college was completely different from ... Native Americans. Formerly I did not think that I was among that group. After the research and preparation for my speech, I learned that my thoughts were completely false. I did not have a clear picture of life on the reservation. T...
... teacher sits us in order, so I never needed to worry about that. I spent the remaining of the class taking notes from the picture created by the projector. In Philippine schools, we did not use the technology we had. We had to take notes as the teacher spoke. In view of the fact that it was my first day, I was baffled which hallway to ... ...
... punctuate this account. Amanda is apparently oblivious to his tone. She catalogues the men and their subsequent fates, how much money they left their widows, how they died carrying her picture. Laura offers to clear the table but Amanda tells her to go study her typewriter chart or practice her shorthand. She must stay fresh and pretty, Amanda says gaily, for ... been able to escape this time as it is preserved in his memory. The sarcasm and humorous irony are defenses, checks against a drowning wave of nostalgia or remorse. Williams's production notes and stage directions emphasize the...
... wasn't as big as I'd hope it would be. When I think Kindergarten, I think of a big open classroom so that the students could have space for themselves and to move around. The picture I sketched of the classroom is not scaled to correctly match the classroom space wise. In my drawing, the groups seem very far apart when that wasn't the case at all ... to make sure the students and guardians recognize that achievement when reading the writing journals. Yet another thing I liked, was that Mr. Gonzalez kept remind his students of the bigger picture: first grade. Several times throughout the...
... with the color white. Other parts of the body such as air in the lungs are seen in the color black. Muscles and tendons generally show up in the color gray. (www.wellnessweb.com) The machine operators are able to change the parameters and that causes the tissue in the body to take on different appearances which is very helpful to ... space rules out any patients who are claustrophobic. Also, the test is very loud and a person has to sit still for a number of minutes in order to get an accurate picture. Some scans can last twenty to ninety minutes. MRI machines are also very expensive to...
... for information in thick thousand-page books. The process of learning has gone beyond learning from textbooks to a much larger and easier storage unit of information. Computers allow for taking notes faster during class and being able to organize them in anyway you choose. They allow for faster research and faster learning capabilities. Not only are computers beneficial to students but ... sat there watching we participated as if the teacher in the video was sitting in that classroom with us. Another example is my chemistry class. Instead of using her own notes on specific topics, my te...
... be puzzled when they first deal with a new things, but in the next time, they can solve the problem easier. Some students go to tutorial schools because of the lecture notes and tips for examination. In every tutorial school, each tutor has a team working with him. The team search for the usable resources and put them into the ... notes. Admittedly, these notes are useful for students but why a secondary school cant give such beautiful notes to the students? Not because the teachers are lazy, but only they are too busy. Secondary school teachers need to manage lots of ... ...
... , at a friends New Years Eve party. Micheal immediately shows interest and the two spend every moment they can together. Not long after the issue of sex is brought into the picture. As Katherine comes to terms with losing her virginity she falls more in love with Micheal than she ever could have imagined. The two discuss their plans for college in ... Carolina with family. At camp Katherine discovers that first loves don"t necessarily last forever. She meets a boy named Theo and the forever that she and Micheal share is questioned. Personal Notes for Using the Book: The story is a very r...
... they have miles to go before they sleep in lines 15 and 16 of the poem, shows the importance of this promise and is the reason they have to leave( Gray 90- 100). Frost has engaged imagery to create the world of nature in the poem. Frost hints at the reader of the silence that surrounds the woods. Frost mentions the ... uses in the poem is tone. Although the speaker is happy to stop briefly in the woods, he is unhappy because he has to leave and return to the village (Gray 100-130) In conclusion, Robert Frost's poems "Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening" is one of his most well know...
... college students "especially dropouts "are burdened with the debt accumulated from loans that could have been avoided or minimized by choosing other education and training options. According to Gray and Herr (1996), "Piling up debts from students loans hurts those who never finish college or who finish but are unemployed."" Stanfield (1997) observes, "Most dropouts are left with big ... associated with a college education. "Many of those who obtain a bachelor's degree discover it doesn't live up to its advertising. Even among college graduates, many will lose in the labor market."" (Gra...
... just too scared to ask questions. I depended on my lip reading skills. I understood or I didn't. I passed every grade with all A's, even when it was hard to lip read and take notes at the same time. Mrs. Burnett, my third grade teacher, talked to me about getting a cochlear implant. I refused. A cochlear implant is a surgical device that requires anesthesia and shaving your hair ... helped me make the decision to get my right ear done. Because I would be going to a bigger school where teachers pay less attention to you and expect you to write notes as they talk, I decided to get it. I w...
... other is the first sign of the changes to come. Even the simple things seem to signify major changes. For example, the copying of notes on the blackboard to the learning of how to take class lecture notes. College instructors often lecture non-stop, expecting students to identify the important points and note them accordingly. Good note taking skills are a must. Also ... , instructors will usually give students a study-guide before an exam. It is a student's own responsibility, however, to have taken good notes, thus making it easier to refer to the study-guide. Moving from one stage to ...
... "16 Candles," there is plenty of perfect examples of satire. Three easy, but very common, examples of satire given in the movie are having your true first crush. Secondly passing notes during class about dull things that are going on. Finally looking up the higher grades, the "Greats." Foremost, having your first crush in high school is a very big event in ... are called stalkers!). Next, the note passing during class. This is a major event that gets satirized very often. Some people, 99% girls, decide to take it upon themselves to write notes to each other about gossip, also about crus...
... teachers carefully monitor the attendance. If you are absent from a class, teachers will give you the information you missed. They will write down information for you to copy into your notes. Teachers often check your completed homework. High school teachers have been trained in teaching methods to assist imparting knowledge. They have the skills to help students any subject. College students ... , but they will assume you can perform the same task on a test. Professors want and expect you to seek help outside the classroom. They also expect you to get the notes from another student if y...
... experts in their particular area of specialization. High school students are provided with information missed when absent, unlike in college, where the professor expects the students to get the missed notes from classmates. Teachers present material on the board to be copied, whereas professors may lecture nonstop, expecting students to identify the important points in their ... notes. Studying habits must vary between high school and college classes. High school studies outside of class consist of zero to two hours a week, whereas college students must study two to ... every hour in ...
... percent of the population. There seems to be a recent scramble for young audience among the media, especially among the newspaper industry. The Media Management Center at Northwestern University reports that a "cliff" is in sight, with daily newspaper readership among the adult U.S. population declining from nearly 80 percent in 1970 to 50 percent today, and a projection of 40 percent in 2010. Generation ... ...