No results matched every word — showing papers matching any of them.
... gave Okonkwo some great advice. He told him to stop feeling like he was the greatest sufferer in the world and to start trying to make things better for himself and his family. Obeirka, Okonkwo's friend from Umuofia, came to visit and brought Okonkwo the money he got from selling his ... years of exile were over and he went back to Umuofia and began to start all over again. Unfortunately much had changed in that time and things would never be the same again. There began a lot of disputes between the Ibo people and the Christians and they began to fight. Europeans came ... Okonkwo might n...
The Things They Carried 1) "War stories are about the human heart and the choices we make or fail to make" Everyday in life we are faced with choices and decisions that have ... to fight and being one up on your enemy will increase your rate of survival dramatically. But, realizing that there is no true preparation for war. In the book The Things they Carried, written by Tim O"Brien takes place in the Vietnam era. In the Vietnam era war confronted everybody. The draft was opened and teens straight out of high school ... 's novel his representation of courage is through the struggles of war a...
... you try to adjust yourself to a new social, cultural and legal environment. At last, there are several things for you to be aware of and know before you immigrate into America to make things easier for you. Without meticulous preparations and knowledge, you have to go through ordeal of immigration to adjust ... culture is go to a social event in which a lot of Americans participate. It will give you a good grip of American culture and observe the things they do. Even though it might be brief, it will prepare you one step further to understand their culture. Another important thing to rem...
... had gotten into a huge fight with my best friend at the time because I confronted her about things I felt she was doing to hurt me intentionally. Any times I called Cat up crying because I was confused and frustrated about the things going on with my best friend. Cat told me that if she was truly a friend, she would ... about what was gong in my mind. I was hesitant at first but slowly opened myself up to her. Cat told me that "it's better to talk things out with someone, than to keep your feelings bottled up. All that weight eventually catches up with you and brings you down." To me, t...
There are many different important things I have learned in college. The one that I chose is responsibility. It is hard being on your own and college is so much different from high school. You don't realize it ... only been a few months and it is only the first semester and I will have more time to catch on. The second hardest thing for me is having to do the things that I need the most to survive and not relying on my mom to be there. I have to fend for myself for everything now and it is a hard thing to do ... ...
... Education Humanity as a whole has always been ignorant. We have stumbled forward blindly repeating history. Collectively we have made great strides in technology and are now able to do astounding things. We can perform feats that at one time would have been considered miracles. Yet for all our vaunted achievements we have made very little progress in understanding ourselves, our place ... and which we can once again be proud of. How do we go about this change? The answer to me seems simple, start younger. Bloom claims that because "the most needful things appear so implausible [to stude...
... a continuum and the main processes we see at work can be analyzed over large time and space scales. He points out the formations in the cliffs is from the constant shaping of the water hitting the cliffs over time. This allows Darwin to analyze from the modern-day process of natural selection operating on varieties in the distant past as the source ... ...
... did not excel in spelling. This probably helped with my slow reading ability. I really never had a desire to excel in school, I think I was preoccupied with other things. Since then I consider myself a pretty slow reader. I cannot read without speaking the words. I have had some really good teachers in my school career. I have read ... that I saw no point in reading because I would not learn the information anyway. I felt I comprehend material much better when I listen to a lecture and take notes. That is how I got through college, of course my grades could have been better, but I made i...
... He would hit mommy for no reason, I guess the rules didn't apply to her. My father was cheap, he would hit any of us for simple things such as turning on the light if he thought we were wasting electricity, and flushing the toilet when he thought it was unnecessary. We all hated it when ... parents. I bought me a new car and had plenty of money to spend on the girls. Life was good and I was the man in the neighborhood. All good things must come to an end. That day came in March of 1987, when I was laid off work. I was devastated. I was on top of the world making ... , I was stationed in ...
... think students who think tutorial schools are better have overlook one point. That is they are learning the same things for the second time! They may be puzzled when they first deal with a new things, but in the next time, they can solve the problem easier. Some students go to tutorial schools ... because of the lecture notes and tips for examination. In every tutorial school, each tutor has a team working with him ... . The team search for the usable resources and put them into the notes. Admittedly, these notes are useful for students but why a secondary school cant give such beautiful...
... ," there is plenty of perfect examples of satire. Three easy, but very common, examples of satire given in the movie are having your true first crush. Secondly passing notes during class about dull things that are going on. Finally looking up the higher grades, the "Greats." Foremost, having your first crush in high school is a very big event in a students life. It ... note passing during class. This is a major event that gets satirized very often. Some people, 99% girls, decide to take it upon themselves to write notes to each other about gossip, also about crushes and such things that ...
... college. Graduating from one to the other is the first sign of the changes to come. Even the simple things seem to signify major changes. For example, the copying of notes on the blackboard to the learning of how to take class lecture notes. College instructors often lecture non-stop, expecting students to identify the important points and note them accordingly. Good note ... taking skills are a must. Also, instructors will usually give students a study-guide before an exam. It is a student's own responsibility, however, to have taken good notes, thus making it easier to refer to the st...
... SCHOOL VERSUS COLLEGE Attending college is a shocking difference compared to high school. Often we tend to look back at high school, wishing things were the same in college. Students realize now that they are attending a more mature institution making them realize they have bigger responsibilities ... students are provided with information missed when absent, unlike in college, where the professor expects the students to get the missed notes from classmates. Teachers present material on the board to be copied, whereas professors may lecture nonstop, expecting students to identify the impo...
... country is threatened. Based on her own experience, she believes that all children can and, indeed, must learn to be critical thinkers in order to participate in our democracy. She notes that "there's a radical and wonderful new idea here the idea that every citizen is capable of the kind of intellectual competence previously attained by only a small minority. Meier's book ... . Some of Deborah Meier's innovative approaches to education seem almost commonplace today interdisciplinary learning in small groups, real lessons that use the city as the classroom (a curriculum that includes su...
... SCHOOL VERSUS COLLEGE Attending college is a shocking difference compared to high school. Often we tend to look back at high school, wishing things were the same in college. Students realize now that they are attending a more mature institution making them realize they have bigger responsibilities ... students are provided with information missed when absent, unlike in college, where the professor expects the students to get the missed notes from classmates. Teachers present material on the board to be copied, whereas professors may lecture nonstop, expecting students to identify the impo...
... for information in thick thousand-page books. The process of learning has gone beyond learning from textbooks to a much larger and easier storage unit of information. Computers allow for taking notes faster during class and being able to organize them in anyway you choose. They allow for faster research and faster learning capabilities. Not only are computers beneficial to students but ... sat there watching we participated as if the teacher in the video was sitting in that classroom with us. Another example is my chemistry class. Instead of using her own notes on specific topics, my te...
... that some children don't get enough guidance or attention from their parents at home. They come to school because they want to feel important and learn new things everyday. These are kids that want to make a difference, whether they realize it or not. I cannot wait to be with these children everyday. ... as I got older, it seemed my parents got busier with their lives and started to pay less attention to me. School was my way to feel proud about things I was doing on a daily basis. Now my parents were always there for me, but overall, I feel that during school I could always get help fr...
... that some children don't get enough guidance or attention from their parents at home. They come to school because they want to feel important and learn new things everyday. These are kids that want to make a difference, whether they realize it or not. I cannot wait to be with these children everyday. ... as I got older, it seemed my parents got busier with their lives and started to pay less attention to me. School was my way to feel proud about things I was doing on a daily basis. Now my parents were always there for me, but overall, I feel that during school I could always get help fr...
... so I can help support my family. I cannot expect to have a family I can't afford. My job will help me buy a home, pay health insurance, and other things I need for my family. My main goal in the money is to keep, my family happy. I want them to have enough but not too much. I want them ... psychology and other behavioral sciences, and nursing. Course work also includes the liberal arts. I need to get an internship at a hospital as well. I need to take notes and see head on how it is and what I need to do. I can't just go to school and walk into a hospital and know what to do right ... wh...
... reduce my chances of ridicule, I stopped asking all the questions I did as a child because I did not want to appear stupid . One of the great things with age is that now I really do not care what people think of me when it comes to learning something. Now, question after question is asked, always ... keyboard, the mouse, the removing and replacing of PCI cards and motherboards. I get to install and configure routers using both my eyes and my hands the two things that help me learn the fastest and help me retain the knowledge the best. As a child, much to my parents dismay, I completely d...
... and artist throughout history. I would also have to attend a weekly music class where my class would sing, learn to play different instruments, and learn about music notes. In middle school, I had to be in either choir or band or take an art class. In high school, all students were required to take 2 art ... classes in elementary school so that they could work on and fine-tune their abilities. It is true that it is much easier to learn and remember things at a younger age. However, this would not explain why art is required beyond elementary level. What would be the reasoning behind the c...
... were sitting. I didn't actually want to pick a seat. In Philippines the teacher sits us in order, so I never needed to worry about that. I spent the remaining of the class taking notes from the picture created by the projector. In Philippine schools, we did not use the technology we had. We had to take ... notes as the teacher spoke. In view of the fact that it was my first day, I was baffled which hallway to use, but I managed to get to my classes without asking ... , I improved my English and developed some friendships and started to like my school. The teachers had ways of making co...
... click with. I always felt like I was butting heads with the teachers. I had my own ways of remembering and learning. Whenever a teacher told me how to outline or how to take notes, I would always ask if I could do it my way, so I would remember it easily. After that, they took it as being disrespectful. While in high school, I always wanted out. I couldn ... 't stand being babied and chased down for assignments. I always did everything on time, sometimes turning things in before the due dates. My senior year, I took a half schedule. I went to school for half of the day and work for the o...