No results matched every word — showing papers matching any of them.
... not. Nor did the readers when it was published. Little did du Maurier know, her novel ended up becoming a great success. Soon after, Alfred Hitchcock made a film version of Rebecca that soon became an even greater success than the novel itself. There are many opinions as to which ... a number of reasons. One of the reasons that I feel that the original novel Rebecca was more effective than the movie version was that I think the novel held suspense in a better way. While reading the novel, my suspense was able to build up more and more as I read further ... about them except from what you...
... and started to scan around the room. As I scampered around, I came upon this CD entitled Chrono Cross, which was one of my favorite videogames. My cousin even had a book (a written version of the game). I figured that I could use this for my project! I was awed and amazed with this game, which dealt with love, hate, friendship, and making decisions, which have their ... made this a very controversial game in 1998. Wow! Very heady stuff. This would be good for my project in Logic, I said to myself. But alas! The game had no written version! What would I submit? A CD copy of the game? So ...
... to time laugh it off. It is a good relief for the time being, but in the end I feel worse. For the most part though, humor is a wonderful thing for me. Cracking jokes or laughing at dumb things my friends or I have done is really a good time and a good way to be happy. That's what we all want, to be happy in ... ...
... my thoughts for a loop. Just below the pulse of the new CD in the player I hear the repetitive click of plastic sleeves moving in and out of hands, like knuckles cracking one at a time. I look around at myriad of posters of recently and soon to be released albums and movies. The contrast of colors brought out more by the lighting hurt ... ...
... through his understanding of human psychology. Any psychologist could make quite a career for himself studying the methodology of Hitler. The principals of groupthink, propaganda, and authoritarianism, were very much in full view for about two decades. How could any man be persuaded to round up and butcher herds of his fellow man? How could any decent person look upon a few races ... tape, seemed literally drunk with enthusiasm for serving Germany. In order to channel propaganda, Hitler forced teachers to teach Nazi principles and rewrote history books to conform everyone to his version...
... of entertainment could be so mind altering and cause so many different feelings. Then after I read it, I was really impressed. I could completely relate in a somewhat toned down version. I thought to myself I have fallen into a mini version of this many times. When I am down at the shore, like a fool I go in to the arcades on the boardwalk. I spend five, ten, fifteen, twenty dollars ... ...
... . He tears through the Greek lines to get to the front of the battle and starts slaughtering every Trojan that walks in his path. It seems that according to Achilles" version of the Heroic Code, this revenge appears to correspond, although it seems that he possesses coldhearted rage to modern readers. To Achilles, his brutal vengeance relates completely with his notion ... wives, With their long robes trailing, would be too terrible If I hung back from battle like a coward." (6.463-466) Although Hector eventually returns to fighting, his reluctance shows that his version of the vague Her...
... preco terms. In trying to be generous so that precision would be high almost every heading became a subheading and vice versa. In the three searches conducted on cognition, using a truncated version of cognitive (cogniti*) provided the most precision. In addition using a truncated word was the only way in which abstracts were found in the preco field. This leads us to believe ... a preco field it is more beneficial to have more than one word to search since in this database the preco field is searched by term rather than words. Using a truncated version of a word left the rest of the ph...
... fit in because she thought differently. This was the reason she transferred to Dauntless and in Dauntless she learned to become brave and fearless which turned her into a much stronger version of herself. This quote shows Tris when she fully realizes what being Divergent means, "I am no longer Tris, the selfless, or Tris, the brave. I suppose that now, I must become ... ...
... story, the movie had its own advantages. The ability to be able to see everything that is going on is an immense improvement on its own. The movie is a condensed version of the story that still brings the point across. It is many hours shorter than reading the book. You could see how everybody acted around Charlie and how they harassed ... ...
... counseling are an art form. I feel I would need to work on paraphrasing, as I'm not the most comfortable with it. If I were to hear the word confrontation before learning the counseling version of it, I would be very hesitant, but empathic confrontation is a wonderful skill to have as a counselor. Potency is the quality that largely determines whether others come to us for help ... ...
In the beginning of the movie "The Great Gatsby" it starts with a flashing black and white Warner Bros Advertisement. I think that this is very effective, because it is introducing us the time setting of "The Great Gatsby" which was set in New York 1922.The constant flashing is very affective as it is mimicking the technology of movie filming during that time era. Technology was not as advanced as it is today, the lights would flash during the filming and they were all black and white. In the script the opening scene is written as "A Black Screen." The blackness is pierced by a single, pulsing...
... as it was, much like a photographer would. She often depicts scenes similar to this one; with female subjects that appear unposed. Mary Cassatt is not romanticizing women or presenting a fantasized version of a woman, such as Venus or Madonna. Particularly in this painting, with its drastic dark colors and unapologetic approach, Cassatt is presenting an austere, noble, and mature woman. This goes ... ...
... around the point of the poem rather than straight to the point like Blake. Making the reader have to pay attention to the poem and understand it rather than the version like Wordsworth where it is an almost a fairy tale. Throughout history, man has been so inhumane to his fellow man. Poems are a particular way to form a closer communication between the ... ...
... for every answer are anarchy. The questions that are asked to him are not only still left unanswered, but more questions are received to be ponder over. In the longer version of Beowulf, the dragon becomes enraged when a man sneaks into his layer and steals a golden cup that the dragon was guarding. The dragon shortly finds out that the cup is ... ...
... is seen as harmful or destructive to either themselves or others around them. With such a definition alcoholism, or any addiction for that matter can than be considered as abnormal. This version of abnormal indicates that a person is in need of a change, and a change for the better. Abnormalities maybe be above and below the norm but someone who is above the only ... ...
... 's shoes. Never in a million years would I have imagined the path of Frankenstein's journey. I have never read the many tales of Frankenstein or cared to engross myself in the crude movie version of the monster. As we evolve into the new technical age we, as humans still desire the same things today as we did then. In reading this book it takes ... ...
... that makes up .01% of the human genome. He believes that depression can be blamed on this chromosome. 80% of women who inherited this gene experienced depression, while in a second version of the gene, the women seemed to be safe from the disease ("Genetic Differences" 7). In addition to genetics, scientists have found that there is a connection between depression and a chemical imbalance ... ...
... as a "not undangerous grey Alstian dog who's name was Wolf!" Later, Brunswick who treats the Wolf-Man on referral from Freud, her own analyst, reports that "His first dream was version of the famous wolf-dream; many others were mere restatements. One amusing change had occurred: The Wolves, formerly white, were now invariably gray. When visiting Freud the patient had on ... ...
... common topics for great writers to write about. From Shakespeare to the West Side Story it has caught many people's hearts and minds with an emotion overload. This is my version as I recollect a situation that started with love at first sight. It was my first day at Drama I was pushed and pulled and then put into place beside a young delicate girl ... ...
... actually telling the truth why don't I remember the event the way they are telling it? All the above questions rattle around in my head. If I choose to believe my fathers version of that night over my mother's this would be because when I take a look at their past actions and the way they dealt with me, he has always told me the ... ...
... easily be disputable in a land populated by tremendously individual people all with different interests in mind. Along side these horses of reason, Gulliver also finds the most primitive and repulsive version possible of the human race living in the strange land. The Houyhnhms call them Yahoos, which also describes anything bad in their language as they did not know evil until ... ...
... , and passing the test shows that the machine can do this, then passing the test shows that the machine is genuinely intelligent. Turing himself made three important comments about his version of the imitation game: 1. There is one limitation for computers, which does not apply for humans. Godel's Incompleteness Theorem states that there are truths that humans can recognise but not ... ...
The quote, "expect the unexpected because life is full of surprises. Things that you can't prevent from happening because they're meant to happen, but instead of running away from it, you should embrace it, solve it and learn from it" is very relevant in my life. Life is full of twists and turns, you never know what is going to ... come around the next corner. It is full of unexpected moments and surprising occurrences you never thought would happen. There are instances and situations that seem bad but turn ... , acting as though nothing happened. It was no wonder I almost finished high schoo...