No results matched every word — showing papers matching any of them.
... I must have done something right. For my other classes I rarely read the material. I would go to class and take notes on the lecture. When it was time for the test I would study my notes. Occasionally I would look up material if I needed a better understanding of the material. For the most part though I passed ... point that I saw no point in reading because I would not learn the information anyway. I felt I comprehend material much better when I listen to a lecture and take notes. That is how I got through college, of course my grades could have been better, but I made it. Today I am m...
... head out to the living room and out the front door. As I step out on to the front deck, I immediately realize that I am on the edge of a cliff. Out past it's edge I can see trees that have giant green and pink marshmallow leaves. As someone talking to him distracts Chad, I scale along the house and try ... work." "What, get up, and come on." "I can't Chad, my legs won't work, look." "Fine, fuck it." And he heads up the cliff. As I sit there, I think that maybe if I scoot away from the cliff, my legs will feel better. I do and it works, but there I am. I look at the house in front of me,...
... birth, or one that is having complications. I am not the one to panic and I don't think I would during these times. The nurse as well as the doctor will have to stay calm in order to keep the mother calm to keep her safe s well as the child. If the nurse and the ... , nutrition, psychology and other behavioral sciences, and nursing. Course work also includes the liberal arts. I need to get an internship at a hospital as well. I need to take notes and see head on how it is and what I need to do. I can't just go to school and walk into a hospital and know what to do right off the bat ... ...
... need to be evaluated and treated with more enthusiasm. A teacher is teaching environmental science to a class for the students first time. What should the teacher do? Give them pages of notes, quizzes, a few tests, and an exam. No! Get those kids outside. Show them about environmental science. When students are learning something new for the first time, they need to be ... over the years that the teachers that enjoy teaching, have the students that enjoy learning and perform better in class. The teachers that everyone hates and wishes would fall off a cliff; have the students who do hor...
... about all the things he couldn't wait to do at this park. He had all us laughing talking about how scared he is to go horseback riding and cliff climbing I agree with him on cliff climbing. The whole time from when we got off the bus at the park it was amazing. We had bears walking around us freely and the people ... a ride back to the resorts office. I was treated by the parks medical staff laid up for about 2 hours then me and my cousin continued our trail. We had a great time cliff climbing and white water rafting. I have some great pictures in my cell phone of the trip a bunch of ex...
... unexcused absence, including a suspension, may not be made-up. Medicals Any condition, which prohibits your child from participating in Physical Education, longer than three days, must be stated with a medical doctor's note. A medical note must state what the student is allowed to do. "No Physical Education" written on the note, will not be acceptable. A note like this will earn the child ... zero points for each day they are not cleared to participate per doctor's orders (doctor's written authorization). Students are still required to dress in their athletic attire, but will be excused ...
... for a whole day of working from eight hours of sleep. As well in class, I would listen to the teacher carefully and totally stay focus on him or her by taking notes down and asking questions if there is anything I do not understand. Furthermore, I will stay for some more minutes after class to ask the professor about the lecture and go to ... a lot of people trying to study the major that they didn't want to or they cannot fit in. They could be doing just because their parents want them to become a doctor or an engineer and that would give them so much pride and respect with their acqua...
... your high school class. She was a four point student and class president from a prestigious high school. She had been preparing for college her whole life, and was planning to be a doctor. She was the class president and valedictorian of her three hundred and sixty three classmates. Karen is my cousin, and she has failed out of college twice. She was last ... studies. She was having a hard time balancing school, work, and her social calendar. She first lost her job because she was always late. She rarely went to class, always borrowing notes from her classmates. Her roommate moved out b...
... and mentally. They have been compared to the symptoms of a common mental disorder called ADHD (attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder). Sleep deprivation affects our ability to complete simple tasks like taking notes, copying, or reading something. It causes "brief mental lapses in attention" (Dahl, R) for short periods of time. Also, sleep deprivation causes "distractibility, impulsively, and difficulty with control of attention" (Dahl ... minutes less sleep and go to bed around 40 minutes later than students getting A's and B's ("Teens: Early Starts-). One account of how severe slee...
... has many challenges for students, one of mine being on the baseball team and keeping up with all of the other players in this challenging sport. The doctor said to be very careful about getting dirt on my skin and try to keep it out of the sun as much as possible. My response to ... happened to get severe side effects from Accutane that made my life somewhat frustrating and difficult. One of the side effects I had was tenderness of the bones. The doctor said this happens with most of their patients, but not like me. My bones were so fragile that one morning when I woke up to go to school ...
... for information in thick thousand-page books. The process of learning has gone beyond learning from textbooks to a much larger and easier storage unit of information. Computers allow for taking notes faster during class and being able to organize them in anyway you choose. They allow for faster research and faster learning capabilities. Not only are computers beneficial to students but ... sat there watching we participated as if the teacher in the video was sitting in that classroom with us. Another example is my chemistry class. Instead of using her own notes on specific topics, my te...
... I began to feel a sharp pain in my lower back. Immediately my mom took me to the doctors. This would be the only doctor's appointment that would not be normal. Like any other doctor's appointment, he began to examine me and asked what my major complaint was. I explained to him where it was hurting and what ... later. At this appointment I had an MRI, which would show things that the x-rays did not catch. About two days later I returned for the results. Usually my doctor greeted me with a comforting smile, but I knew something was wrong by the look on his face. He explained that the condi...
... be puzzled when they first deal with a new things, but in the next time, they can solve the problem easier. Some students go to tutorial schools because of the lecture notes and tips for examination. In every tutorial school, each tutor has a team working with him. The team search for the usable resources and put them into the ... notes. Admittedly, these notes are useful for students but why a secondary school cant give such beautiful notes to the students? Not because the teachers are lazy, but only they are too busy. Secondary school teachers need to manage lots of ... ...
... just too scared to ask questions. I depended on my lip reading skills. I understood or I didn't. I passed every grade with all A's, even when it was hard to lip read and take notes at the same time. Mrs. Burnett, my third grade teacher, talked to me about getting a cochlear implant. I refused. A cochlear implant is a surgical device that requires anesthesia and shaving your hair ... helped me make the decision to get my right ear done. Because I would be going to a bigger school where teachers pay less attention to you and expect you to write notes as they talk, I decided to get it. I w...
... other is the first sign of the changes to come. Even the simple things seem to signify major changes. For example, the copying of notes on the blackboard to the learning of how to take class lecture notes. College instructors often lecture non-stop, expecting students to identify the important points and note them accordingly. Good note taking skills are a must. Also ... , instructors will usually give students a study-guide before an exam. It is a student's own responsibility, however, to have taken good notes, thus making it easier to refer to the study-guide. Moving from one stage to ...
... "16 Candles," there is plenty of perfect examples of satire. Three easy, but very common, examples of satire given in the movie are having your true first crush. Secondly passing notes during class about dull things that are going on. Finally looking up the higher grades, the "Greats." Foremost, having your first crush in high school is a very big event in ... are called stalkers!). Next, the note passing during class. This is a major event that gets satirized very often. Some people, 99% girls, decide to take it upon themselves to write notes to each other about gossip, also about crus...
... teachers carefully monitor the attendance. If you are absent from a class, teachers will give you the information you missed. They will write down information for you to copy into your notes. Teachers often check your completed homework. High school teachers have been trained in teaching methods to assist imparting knowledge. They have the skills to help students any subject. College students ... , but they will assume you can perform the same task on a test. Professors want and expect you to seek help outside the classroom. They also expect you to get the notes from another student if y...
... see one thing that another might have missed, some notice detail others just notice the big picture. I personally notice detail about everything, from watching how people interact to looking over a cliff at a landscape. I've picked up on things in the last couple of years that I don't think other people involved did. On September 11, 2001 there was a tragedy in America, we ... ...
... experts in their particular area of specialization. High school students are provided with information missed when absent, unlike in college, where the professor expects the students to get the missed notes from classmates. Teachers present material on the board to be copied, whereas professors may lecture nonstop, expecting students to identify the important points in their ... notes. Studying habits must vary between high school and college classes. High school studies outside of class consist of zero to two hours a week, whereas college students must study two to ... every hour in ...
It's unbelievable how each year, since the beginning of high school, my perfectly laid plans for myself have unavoidably deteriorated. When I entered my freshman year, I had aspirations of being a doctor (something I had wanted to be since I was a child). Now, here I am entering my junior year in high school without any idea of what I want to do. Now seems to be ... the time to start taking life seriously and making responsible, educated choices. Looking back on it now, I realize that I cannot become the doctor I wanted to be. I have come to realize that, that dream was not only my own, but a...
... percent of the population. There seems to be a recent scramble for young audience among the media, especially among the newspaper industry. The Media Management Center at Northwestern University reports that a "cliff" is in sight, with daily newspaper readership among the adult U.S. population declining from nearly 80 percent in 1970 to 50 percent today, and a projection of 40 percent in 2010. Generation ... ...
... through all this battle to be different they are all becoming more and more alike. This group of lemmings may soon find themselves following each other over the cliff of college drop outs. I thought that college would be challenging. While chained in my cave, those who had already seen the sunshine told me that college was completely different from ... ...
... country is threatened. Based on her own experience, she believes that all children can and, indeed, must learn to be critical thinkers in order to participate in our democracy. She notes that "there's a radical and wonderful new idea here the idea that every citizen is capable of the kind of intellectual competence previously attained by only a small minority. Meier's book is ... differently" (p. 107). Just as Central Park East shares a large building with other schools, monolithic high schools across the country may be replaced with smaller schools within a shared structure. As Meier n...
It's unbelievable how each year, since the beginning of high school, my perfectly laid plans for myself have unavoidably deteriorated. When I entered my freshman year, I had aspirations of being a doctor (something I had wanted to be since I was a child); I was even taking Latin to help with the medical jargon. Now, here I am entering my senior year in high school without any ... what I want to do. Now seems to be the time to start taking life seriously and making responsible, educated choices. Looking back on it now, I realize that I cannot become the doctor I wanted to be. I have come to r...