No results matched every word — showing papers matching any of them.
... I think that has happen to everyone throughout his or her lifetime. In college, you tend to have more time on your hands and the last thing on one's mind is homework. But I learned some tricks once for concentrating on homework. I never used them in high school but I tend to use them more since I have been attending college ... . The first trick is: keep your desk clean. It is just better to work on a surface that looks like a Japanese garden than on one that looks as if a world war had taken place on it. If the working conditions are nicer, people just tend to work harder without feelin...
... I think that has happen to everyone throughout his or her lifetime. In college, you tend to have more time on your hands and the last thing on one's mind is homework. But I learned some tricks once for concentrating on homework. I never used them in high school but I tend to use them more since I have been attending college ... . The first trick is: keep your desk clean. It is just better to work on a surface that looks like a Japanese garden than on one that looks as if a world war had taken place on it. If the working conditions are nicer, people just tend to work harder without feelin...
... guidance that can not be provided by only one parent. The effects usually begin to show later down the road. As a child, it is hard to comprehend what is going on around them. Custody battles can effect a child dramatically according to research conducted by North Carolina State. One parent can slander the other, skewing the child's perception, as well as ruining ... ...
... to procreate and keep the "Homo Sapiens" alive, but it is also a way to know your partner(s) as you know yourself, and it also helps to relieve stress. The soul on the other hand has no "physical needs." It will never manifests its inconformity. The "care of the soul" is a mystery that cannot be explained in organic or physical terms. The ... ...
... for. Prufrock said that he was going to attend some party but had some negative feeling about if he should go or not . Prufrock mentioned that he had a bald spot on his head and that he was very thin which brought his hopes down and made him think even more about if he should stay at the party or go. When ... ...
... , but the best lessons are taught from a good friend. As Morrie teaches Mitch lessons including not to be fearful of age, not to worry about what people think, and lessons on how to keep a good marriage, Mitch finds that Morrie speaks not only from experience and thought, but with deep sincerity from the heart. Mitch has a great fear of aging, but ... ...
... period of time, then I have done something truly special. I guess that's it for now. I think I may have gotten little carried away. My apologies if I sound preachy - I don't force my views on anyone, this is simply a window into who I am and how I live my life. ...
... and space are the first and foremost modes of perception and not attributes of the physical world" (Gaarder, 1996). The mind sees things in relation to time. Time cannot exist on its own because it is conceived in the mind, it is a priori. Time is a mode of perception we use to see and understand things in the physical world. Time is ... nothing more than a mental structure that the mind uses to organize its sensations" (Simon & Schuster: Upper Saddle, New Jersey, 1995. p.397). Space is just an inner reality that is imposed on the phenomenal world. Animals do not seem to have a concept ...
Divorce and It's Affect on Children Divorce means the end of your marriage, but not of your family. Your children still need to feel loved and supported by both of you. One of the biggest ... be effective partners in the work of raising healthy, happy children. As soon as the children have been told, notify their teachers. Children may be upset or have difficulty concentrating on schoolwork. Teachers will be more understanding of changes in behavior if they are aware of the situation, and can offer comfort and support. It may also help to talk to ... ...
... some situations in which using my understanding of perception checking gives me a better way to react and handle my interpretations. The first situation I have encountered is that I was not clear on my uncle's intention. I have lived with my uncle's family when I came to study abroad in the U.S. My uncle and I have a great relationship. The first few months after I came, I eat and ... was not clear to me. My mom goes home after a 3-day long business trip and I am supposed to pick her up at the coach station. My mom was so quiet on the way home. She said she was tired and I understood th...
... themselves to express their true selves. They're hiding underneath the shadows of society, forced to meet expectations and live by either self-imposed or societies rules. Everyone was put on this earth for a reason and every person is different with their own feelings, thoughts, likes, dislikes, and personalities. With this in mind, why does society force conformity? "Let me take ... difference in the overall piece. By using salt to create a worn a sporadic look in the batik it helps to show the worn outside of one's soul. The dark solemn colors on the front also help to create the look...
... my friends would take up for me and tell the truth about what had really happened that night, then come to find out, they all lied and put the blame on me. I took up for them and told the complete truth, but I guess they couldn't do the same for me. It hurt me the day I sat in your office and heard ... in danger or making her feel threatened. I would never want to put anyone through that. I hope things with Shannon and I can just get back to normal and we can go on with our lives as if this had never happened. I know that if something like this would happen to me, I would be really hurt...
... provoking with his biblical references and deep understanding of human nature. He writes almost as if he is talking rather putting pen to paper. "On Lying in Bed" is paradoxical because while we think of lying in bed as doing nothing, to Chesterton, his head is a bee hive ... creativity. In the beginning of his essay, Mr. Chesterton enlightens us with what one can do while lying in bed as he provides a vibrant picture of painting on a ceiling as Michelangelo did. He makes us see a blank ceiling as a potential canvas for a piece of art as Michelangelo did. Then he suggests we ... too co...
... about human motivation. What drives humans to do the things they do? This is a typical question addressed in a psychology lecture class. One may ask; what drives Greg to still go on with his life? This can be depicted in the beginning dedication of the book. "To the memories of my father, James A. "Buster" Williams, and my "truly mother," Dora Weekly Smith ... this book. In this next example, Gregory is influenced by his grandmother and father. "I've got me a big shot lawyer in the making. He's sitting over there getting" coal dust on his books" (64). Gregory was the brother that was al...
... to prove, scientifically, the Shirer thesis. Stanley Milgram was a social psychologist who began his career at Yale University in 1960. The Shirer thesis, based on a hypothesis by William L. Shirer, a historian, was used to explain the systematic destruction of the Jews by the Third Reich. Simply stated, the Shirer ... positive and negative reinforcement. Mr. Williams seems very knowledgeable as he explains the reasons for the experiment. You notice a book titled, The Teaching-Learning Process, on a nearby table. Jack Williams then takes two pieces of paper, puts them in a hat, and tell...
... weeks. I think grammar classes are too short. It's no more than 20 hours a term. In the first term, we spent too much time on presentation. It should have been interesting and helpful, but honestly speaking, I cannot remember any presentation except the one I did with my group members. In ... results were different. Some were funny and some were boring. Sometimes I even found difficult to understand what they were talking. Writing key points on the blackboard might be a good way for better understanding, but if we could have written the key points in computer, typed it and handed ... ou...
... dream at all. I would rather not work a 9 to 5 job and come home to two happy kids, and a wife, and a dog named rover, and meatloaf on the table, and the newspaper waiting for me in my favorite easy chair after I ate dinner and inquired so enthusiastically about everyone else's day. No, I would rather have ... ways, and that made me want to stay until two in the morning working to my full potential. And when I came home, I'd have a message on my answering machine from my girlfriend saying we should have dinner tomorrow, and to stop pushing myself, and another from a friend saying I shoul...
... and psychology use to be unthinkable. The two were viewed as separate entities. Now scientist are research the effects of religion on mental health. Integration of Faith: Impact of Religion on Mental Health The integration of faith into mental health is a growing within our society. Religion has always been a big ... 100 years. Science and faith were viewed as separate entities. Now scientist are searching to find if religion has an impact on mental health, and does it have a positive impact (Bailey, 1997). Psychological Theories and Religion Religion is a large part of society. Many pe...
... the question at hand. The knowledge that I have acquired about the science dealing with the general cause and principles of things is that I must be clear on my terms. I believe that this is the most important part of Philosophy. If I attempt to answer this or any other question without a clear understanding of ... the key terms I might incorrectly analysis the question. I can not deal with the general cause and principles of things if I"m not clear on their exact meaning. I have also acquired knowledge about others personal attitude. I have learned that there are many different Philoso...
... of sex that anyone would ever be interested in learning. The first few chapters describe the more refined attitudes of sex. The Guide to Getting It On begins by explaining the history of sex. One example is the discovery of the word "clitoris" was said to have come from the 1960s when an astronaut ... While the author clarifies that the clitoris by no means was invented in the 1960s, few people just never knew what to call it. The book goes on to illustrate the arts of kissing, the importance of getting naked, and the importance of understanding the penis and the vagina. The middle of th...
... emotions can be solved, Warren Shibles, author of the book Emotions, states that it must first be determined what an emotion is. He goes on to say that everyone will face emotional problems, because each person's personality consists of emotional factors. Man has always been confused with what emotions ... to emotions, Plato "expressed a sense in which the emotions can be ally of reason, the doctrine that subsequently have had the greatest impact on thinking about emotions pertain to his localizing them in the body, which in turn he generally distrusted and even disdained" (Turski 2). P...
... have good moods, but when depression strikes them their moods turn sour. A bad mood is when we have a spiritless, tired, and negative outlook on life. We become pessimistic and stop challenging ourselves. Difficult tasks seem too complicated to be tried. Instead of admiring people, we find them irritating. We ... depressives" appetite may be affected in the most opposite manner; they may suffer weight gain (Salmons, 1995, p.12). They may binge sporadically on food with the belief that eating will give them relief from their problems and worries. Both types of eating disorders can also st...
... many correct answers the eight year olds recorded opposed to the adults, which supported the hypothesis that age would not have any effect on ability to recognize emotion as emotional recognitions develops very early in life. This experiment looked into how age affects the ability to interpret ... than children or that children performed better than adults at recognizing emotion from faces. It was hypothesized that age would have no affect on the ability to perceive emotions as the ability to perceive and recognize emotion develops early in childhood and does not need to be ... an overh...
... burning desire to avenge a wrong" or "a burning desire to punish him by whom you think yourself to have been unfairly harmed." (Seneca On Anger ex. 1.2). Seneca thinks anger is very evil to human which is a massive problem. Seneca points out "Anger is undoubtedly set in motion by ... an impression received of a wrong." (Seneca On anger ex. 2.1). To the contrary, reason is different from emotion. Reason was mentioned by Seneca in his arguments, which is the ability that human have ... neither overcome nor avoided" and "anger is eliminated by the commands of reasons. For it is a voluntar...