No results matched every word — showing papers matching any of them.
... For young children, the most appropriate form of assessment is observation based. Through collecting records of observations (anecdotes), the teacher can build a profile of the child's understanding of math concepts and how they apply them. Checklists are another way to record observed information. Individual interviews are a method of collecting information in a more direct way. These may be helpful ... should be evaluated as to provide more data with which to make further plans. Activities that occur in everyday life provide the opportunity to explore both fundamental and applied math...
... need them. One of my personal goals for the next nine weeks and the rest of year is to study a little harder for my math tests. I usually study for my math tests the night before the exam. What I should be doing is studying for the exam every night after I get new notes from the ... during the first nine weeks, I was receiving one hundreds and one hundred and tens. It seemed as if math came naturally to me. I think that m grades really dropped this term because I thought since I got an A in math first term I didn't have to study as hard second term. This back fired when I started recei...
... Alexie had to overcome was their teachers not having confidence in them to be successful with writing in English. As an Asian American did will in math and science, but when it came to English Tan was over looked in school. In the essay, Tan states that "But those scores were not ... good enough to override the opinion that my true abilities lay in math and science, because in those areas I achieved A's and scored in the ninetieth percentile or higher(400). Tan was pushed into math and science but Tan challenged the disproving assumptions made about her by the school. In college ... on ...
... be an effective tool of teaching students mathematics. The students who received training in the Master program were able to achieve higher levels of success using these techniques of solving math problems. Since they were moving from a teacher guided to a self initiated style of learning, the students were able to memorize the more basic types of multiplication and division. (Van Luit ... lessons which were taught to them and use these skills in order to solve a new, unknown problem. Since the children learned how to transfer their skills from one area of math to another, the Master pr...
... had to write a paper for Algebra class, she stopped me mid-sentence. We were both unfamiliar with the idea of a literary assignment being allocated by a math professor. I am more of a right-brained, creative type of person, so I delved into the assignment, highlighter in hand. After reading the article, I ... but imperative connection between literacy and mathematics. Our initial confusion is addressed by the article's author, Edwin E. Moise. According to him, math in elementary school should impose less of the "drill-to-death" method. Children at that stage in life have an innate learni...
... of him. He found it very difficult to adjust and find a way to fit in comfortably. In the video, The polished stone: K-5 Math Achievement in Japan and Taiwan, I learned that children in Asian countries put more of a focus on math studies, and children know exactly what is expected of them. Teachers spend more time working with those individuals who do not catch ... difficulties, he discovered new strengths in other areas such as music and art/architecture and design. He really excelled when it came to math; he founds his love here. He was even set up with special an advanced math corres...
... Angela is going through I have good news to her. First of all, In Montgomery college we have tutors that help in any subject. If your lousy in math you can go to the math and science building to get some help. If you need to type something up you can go to the computer lab, it's located in the resource center. If ... goals. Never take your self down with the situation because it's nobody's fault. You can not become the victim, make that bad occasion into something good . Yes you got a "D" in math but you can make that grade in to an "A" or a "B". Always keep going on. You need a good se...
... to be -Build a support network--family friends and *friends in classes* -Learn how the system (program, agencies, and university) operates -START A JOURNAL Skills and strategies -Research papers -Quantitative skills---math, math, and math--work with more numbers -Computer Literacy -Interpersonal skills-- ability to speak in class, not being shy -Multiple-Choice exams- we should all know what these entail -Take home exams--exams ... ...
... about two that influenced me, the one that automatically answered my question. Two of them I would know that I could relate by working well with people and showing effort towards my math skills. It put me into this position of describing my reasons to become an Accountant and an elementary teacher. Facing from all of this, it took me a while to decide ... based on what I enjoyed working with. When I was about nine years old, I learned my multiplication and divisions in a fast momentum and it brought myself to the challenging bases. I enjoy solving math problems that I've learned very we...
... curriculum appeals to this learner. They are very good at reading and writing which is already the main method of teaching in most classrooms. A teacher can use a story to introduce a math problem in order to tap into this style of learning. Finally, logical/ mathematical is the proposed eighth intelligence. This style is heavily implemented in the traditional curriculum. This student will ... be able to do very complex math problems. Children who use logic and math as a primary way of learning will be very obvious in the classroom. This student will ask many questions and loves doing e...
... current trends in the job market, a college level education is almost mandatory to be seriously considered as a potential employee. I have a goal to increase my math skills. I have a basic education in math and I want to learn a more advanced level of math calculations and applications. I have a goal to become a better business owner. My partner and I started our own business without any experience in business management ... ...
... of creativity across all core classes the students will be more aware and focused. Not only in passing the class but being more creative. In comparison to subjects such as math or science where they have procedures to problems there are no limitations for the creative mind. Acquiring the aspects of creativity can be equivalent to learning a new language. It may ... atmosphere that promote creativity pertaining to each individual lesson. A class that relates to history should have a historic vibe endorsed by the global relics and cultural differences around the classroom environment. Mat...
... test scores tell you how intelligent a person is, and your GPA is all that matters. However, intelligence is much more than being able to understand regular school subjects such as math or science. So what is intelligence? What is the exact definition of intelligence? Intelligence is not something that can be defined by one, two, three, or any certain amount of ... require the ability to think. Although the arts are not featured on the ACT/SAT, and they are not required school subjects, they actually require just as much thinking as math and science. When a choreographer creates the mov...
... charting and graphing. Last, the children sing the months of the year song. Next, comes story time. After the children are dismissed into play centers: house, blocks, reading/writing and math. During center time a child will come up one at a time to complete a project. The children rotate play centers every 12 minutes. While the children are playing one of the three ... to wear it. During play Julia does not talk to the other children or the teachers therefore she does not use pretend words during play. Julia can play in the math center for ten to fifteen minutes. In the other play cent...
... in today's workforce. The study of music offers many of these skills; some of them are teamwork, problem solving, discipline, and self-motivation. Music may be the foundation for later math and science excellence. In Japan, Hungary and the Netherlands, music instruction is required. In Japan, students get a minimum of two courses per week in music-making. In Hungary, students get ... get it every day. In the Netherlands, music and other arts are mandatory. Today, students are assigned comprehensive art projects to complete prior to graduation. The payoff is that their Math and science s...
... accomplish it while still having fun. I found that at times, the banking style was more appropriate then problem posing just in the very nature of the subject matter. When doing math, I found that constant drilling by the teacher was essential because I"m almost positive they would not have been able to explain why numbers acted the way they did and why two ... about mistakes made in the past that have little bearing on my future made me loose interest in listening almost completely. On the other end of the spectrum was my math class. This same year, I found one of my favorite teachers ...
... . A teacher's personal characteristics are crucial factors in the students' development and motivation. The first principle is purpose, which has to be conveyed to the student. Why do I need to learn Math? How will studying History benefit me? Without the why's the students are lost. A teacher must give the purpose. Without a purpose the student will not consider the value of the topic ... . Without the lecture or instruction part of teaching, however, most students would not be given the instruction for proficiency and understanding that the subjects may require. In certain subjects like...
... . When students can see real three-dimensional pictures, instead of trying to visualize them, they can more easily understand the problem. Math for so long has just been computation after computation in the schools, but now there are hands on math software that allow students individual help, hands on instruction, and a better understanding of technology. With the availability of calculators in the ... ...
... . Along with doing this twice a week, I volunteered to tutor after school for someone who needed a little extra help. I was assigned a boy in the sixth grade who was a little slow in math and required help doing his homework. He needed someone to explain to him one on one the things he needed to learn. I gave him easy ways to remember things and ... he hadn't yet learned so when he was taught them, he already had a grasp on it. During this time, his teacher expressed to me how well he was doing in math and how much more he was participating in class because he was more confident in himse...
... brought to their attention, but I don't believe that it should be stressed. All of the themes that teachers choose all help them out. One of the best ways of learning math is though building blocks, this helps children with counting and, being able to stack all of the blocks. The other main subject that is taught in many different ways is ... crucial time for children because it helps them with learning all the necessities before they go on to the next level. One example would be that preschool will strengthen their math, science, and sharing skills. The main things are their gross moto...
... . Before each child handled any of the ingredients, they were instructed to wash their hands. While preparing the cookie dough, the children were growing cognitively and physically. They were learning math or measuring, pouring, and mixing skills as well as following directions. Sprinkling the sprinkles helps define fine motor skills. Having them wash their hands also teaches them health precautions and ... get older and enter school, these skills become more important. The child playing solitarily with blocks, can now use the estimation skills he or she learned and apply them to math cl...
... about the lecture and go to his or her office hours as much as I can. Luckily, my friends are always there to help me with some difficult subjects such as math, biology, and physics. I knew how to study on my own since grade 10. I had been studying with a personal tutor since I was in grade 7, but when I came to high school, she ... ...
... somebody isn't skilled in one area doesn't mean they are not skilled in another. Instead of putting them down for their weakness, find their strength. Some people are good at math while others language. Some can run fast while others are better swimmers. There are many ways people learn; logically, abstractly, geometrically, perceptually, methodically, mechanically, and more. If a person is not ... ...
... third grade, he/she becomes part of an entire new world. Children in third grade begin to learn how to tackle increasingly complex tasks, become better at reading, writing, and math, and broaden their general knowledge of the world. At the same time, they are learning how to deal with a large amount of new emotions that they start to feel. In ... ...