No results matched every word — showing papers matching any of them.
My Teaching Philosophy Deciding your career is a difficult and suspenseful task too most college students. Many of today's teachers did not wake up one day and decide that it was their destiny to ... they wanted to give back to the community or for the love of children. When one figures out, they want to commit themselves to teaching they must then decide on their own teaching philosophy. A school's purpose is to be a safe institution for children to be comfortable in. A school must demonstrate to their pupils that trust, friendship, morals, values, and respect are among ... ...
Philosophy of Teaching Webster's dictionary defines school as an institution for teaching or giving instruction in any subject. It's the place with four walls or no walls. One can consider a car ... have to be a building; it can literally be anywhere. Let's set the foundation for education. The dictionary defines education as the process of training; knowledge. One attend school with intent on gaining knowledge or as we say "get an education". The education they receive can be specific, meaning a specialty, or very broad / general. There are many philosophies or beliefs and attitudes ... re...
Philosophy of Education Passions in life are important to follow. Teaching is my passion. I want to touch the lives of children so they know how special they are when they leave my classroom. I know how all children are different so my classroom is going to be like a quilt. Every student and teacher will be a patch on the quilt. We will all be different ... ...
According to www.merriam-webster.com the definition of philosophy of life is "an overall vision of or attitude toward life and the purpose of life." At sixteen I have viewed my life and determined that family, friendships, education, humor, and ... being funny. I love to show people the real me because if they really cared for me they would like me to feel comfortable being me. My fifth and final perspective on life is creativity. Creativity should be in many people's top five because being creative gives us so many different abilities. Creativity gives the power to have dreams, take chances...
... be learned. Students must see how the information relates to their lives to consider the knowledge important. The cognitive aspect of my philosophy includes the consideration of multiple intelligences and processes of storing information studied. Often times when students have difficulty recalling information the problem ... not particularly interested in, but became skillful in them through the help and motivation of a teacher. Reinforcements can aid a teacher if implemented on a variable schedule, but must be used in an approach that makes their value second to the learning. Students ...
... education in all societies and cultures. The differences lie in our specific philosophies or applications of educational philosophy, or in other words "an approach." When evaluating my philosophy of education, my views are very clear but ever changing to the needs and standards of each ... specific situation, while fulfilling basic working knowledge. This philosophy entails a combination of essentialism and progressivism(Ryan &Cooper, p. 313-316). I believe that children do have a desire to ... has been the traditional understanding of a good education. Reading, writing, arithmetic, and...
"They don't care how much you know until they know how much you care" This statement can be interpreted in many ways. Perhaps one way of examining any philosophy concerning teaching or leadership is to recall experiences as both teacher and student. At various times in our lives most of us have been the "they" and the "you" in ... I knew I had an important role in the process. I never felt our roles were equal, because they absolutely weren't, but I felt someone cared about my role in the process. I carried this philosophy into 20 years of coaching, more so in my years in professional baseba...
... a true understanding of being able to ask myself why things went the way that they did, both on good days and bad days. The purpose of developing an educational philosophy is that it defines the purpose and focus of an educational institution. It typically becomes a part of ... always noticed a positive factor when we are able to include student's families in school functions that happen after school. Core Values and Guiding Educational Philosophy In becoming a teacher, I feel that my underlying purpose would be quite a few things. The first purpose would be to help students learn. ......
... gone down a narrow, unpaved road with no one having the skills to or desire to repair maintain or regulate it. My philosophy, I share with a small percentage of the population, is based on the idea the education is a science. It is a science that involves skill and artistic impression. The educator is the ... the negative lifestyles of the rappers and young actors that they see, it is the overall lifestyle they want to obtain. I also believe that based on what Confucius believed we could find a hint of what has gone wrong in today's educational and residential life. Confucius believed,"...
... Decisions As with any successful profession, there must be a strong foundation on which to build upon. This foundation in the field of education is your personal philosophy of education. Successful teaching and learning should encompass the diversity of the student backgrounds and the ability ... levels of all students involved. This must be done without losing sight of the intended goals. My beliefs on teaching and learning are: • ... to you or anyone you may come in contact with is worth knowing In every aspect of our lives, everyone should have a personal philosophy. The philosop...
... that they were taught. With an existentialist point of view on education, my teachings will be based on how individuals influences and reacted to certain events in history, not the events themselves. In order to fully explain why I agree with the existentialist philosophy, I should point out why I feel this will ... help my ability to teach my students. Existentialists rely on self-reflection as a major tool. I can't think of a better way to show a student ... letting these individuals express their true feeling without judgment, I believe other students will better understand the situ...
... perceive education? What do you consider to be the curriculum? What is your educational methods in teaching? By the time you finish reading my essay I hope you will understand my philosophy in education. In my opinion everyone determines the purpose of education. It depends on how the person values life and the educational backgrounds; with this in mind this enables different values ... be concerned with other educators. The principal should care about what is going on in the classroom. The parents should be concerned about what is going on in the classroom. Lastly, the student should b...
Philosophy of Education Statement "Teaching is the profession that makes all other professions possible". This was a quote by one of my professors that sums up my feelings on why I am pursuing a degree in education. Being a teacher is the most gratifying and important job someone can hold. No other job gives you the satisfaction and opportunity to have an impact on so many young lives ... . Teachers are able to "connect" with students in so many ways and on many different levels that it is not uncommon for students to want to better themselves to become a more productive citizen in today ... ...
... didn't have its flaws, because trust me, it did. Regardless of that, I do remember having amazing teachers that completely changed my perspective on teaching and schooling. Each year, I was fortunate enough to have amazing math teachers. These teachers taught me very important lessons about life. ... about their paychecks at the end of the week. They cared about the students individually; that made coming to school a lot easier with everything going on. I knew I wanted to become a teacher because I realized how much teachers influence students. You could be having a very bad day, but ......
... and future educators. Teachers should encourage self-discipline in students so they are respectful, cooperative, attentive and self-starting. The teacher is a traveling companion by a student's side to guide them on their career path. It is my professional responsibility to further my learning in education through workshops, my colleagues, instructional tools, technology, an other new information so I can always give my ... , the teacher, but from their peers. Various types of technology used in the classroom are a must so students can see that the impossible is possible. I want to take ...
I am sure that my philosophy of education will be always evolving as I gain more incite and experience into the world of education, but these are my thoughts as of now. I would like my classroom ... The walls would be bright colors and if I have any control, I would like lots of windows. I would move the desks in the classroom moved around every so often depending on what we are doing. When we have long-term group projects I would put the desks in groups, and if for the time we were doing a lot of work in the ... mix it up then they can learn in ways they are comfortable and they can try new ...
Teaching Mathematics at the High School Level Educational Philosophy Taking into consideration the competency level of an adolescent in high school, I am compelled to enforce an Essentialist approach toward ... psychomotor skills by speaking and moving about in the classroom. This will assist in providing an avenue of interest for the students, and aid in concentration on the part of the student by maintaining their attention. To achieve effective communication, it will be absolutely critical that I listen to the student, especially ... gender or culture. Realize that all student's have the ...
Issues in Education Philosophy of Education Education is the single most powerful tool anyone can ever own. Education can take you from the dirtiest, filthiest slum, to the top of the world if ... they all just seem to be growing up too fast. We use foul language that is just simply accepted today in every movie we watch, we expose them to gore on television and video games, we don't actively monitor what they listen to, and we all just sit around scratching our heads, wondering where did we go wrong? Why don ... of what a life long learner is. We need to model what we are teaching. We need t...
Teaching Mathematics at the High School Level Educational Philosophy Taking into consideration the competency level of an adolescent in high school, I am compelled to enforce an Essentialist approach toward ... skills by speaking and moving about in the classroom. This will assist in providing an avenue of interest for the students, and aid in concentration on the part of the student by maintaining their attention. To achieve effective communication, it will be absolutely critical that I listen to the student, especially ... session after school during which they can ask questions about the ...
Education is on the forefront in society today because there is a challenge that many educators are up against in trying to better educate our youth. While our communities are stricken with violence and ... . We must be more to our students than just teachers; we should be mentors, counselors, and friends. We must bring out their full potential. Lobby to get more money spent on school budgets, volunteer extra time to tutor students that need extra help, and encourage other adults we know to consider a career in teaching. Our children are depending ... on us to make school a better environmen...
Issues in Education Philosophy of Education Education is the single most powerful tool anyone can ever own. Education can take you from the dirtiest, filthiest slum, to the top of the world if ... they all just seem to be growing up too fast. We use foul language that is just simply accepted today in every movie we watch, we expose them to gore on television and video games, we don't actively monitor what they listen to, and we all just sit around scratching our heads, wondering where did we go wrong? Why don ... of what a life long learner is. We need to model what we are teaching. We need t...
... in their everyday life. In my view, I see each child as a unique individual. I allow for growth and expansion of each child's individuality. I believe that a child grows through a variety of hands on experiences, and encourage children to partake in daily activities that advance their minds and bodies. I am a strong believer of imagination and creativity for the children as well. The place where ... learn about different people that they will meet as they grow. Preschool is a very crucial time for children because it helps them with learning all the necessities before they go on to the ...
... tree, standing tall and strong, yet be flexible. I will be an effective communicator to students, parents, colleagues, teacher aides, and school administration. I feel communication with students needs to be done on a level the child can understand. The communication between parents and a teacher is vital to a child's success in school. I will keep parents notified of classroom activity and progress through weekly newsletters ... projects. I feel that letting parents know you appreciate them and all they do with their child will go a long way to making a positive impact on their involve...
... you just about anywhere. In this case, it would be above and beyond. In order for a student to see this in the classroom, it will take a lot of positive reinforcement on the educator's part. The desire to reach above and beyond is something that is going to have to first be instilled in the student, if it is not already there ... . There are several ways that this can be done. One way would be to have positive sayings posted on the walls throughout the classroom. Another way would be individual praise to the students on work completed One more way to see this reinforcement in the classro...