No results matched every word — showing papers matching any of them.
... the findings in Oklahoma. Following both opinion columns is a section devoted to the social and moral conditions, as well as the ethical and legal areas of the situation , and these quotes were more in-depth, and more controversial, "My main concern would be centered on why the 19-year-old was in their room, especially if this was a school-related function ... " (Stebbins, 3) and the writer does not tell his opinion, or wrap up the paper in a convenient manner. This article has poor analysis, and it lacks a consistent form of evaluation of quotes. The entire article's basis on other's wo...
... I must have done something right. For my other classes I rarely read the material. I would go to class and take notes on the lecture. When it was time for the test I would study my notes. Occasionally I would look up material if I needed a better understanding of the material. For the most part though I passed the ... point that I saw no point in reading because I would not learn the information anyway. I felt I comprehend material much better when I listen to a lecture and take notes. That is how I got through college, of course my grades could have been better, but I made it. Today I a...
... for information in thick thousand-page books. The process of learning has gone beyond learning from textbooks to a much larger and easier storage unit of information. Computers allow for taking notes faster during class and being able to organize them in anyway you choose. They allow for faster research and faster learning capabilities. Not only are computers beneficial to students but ... sat there watching we participated as if the teacher in the video was sitting in that classroom with us. Another example is my chemistry class. Instead of using her own notes on specific topics, my te...
... be puzzled when they first deal with a new things, but in the next time, they can solve the problem easier. Some students go to tutorial schools because of the lecture notes and tips for examination. In every tutorial school, each tutor has a team working with him. The team search for the usable resources and put them into the ... notes. Admittedly, these notes are useful for students but why a secondary school cant give such beautiful notes to the students? Not because the teachers are lazy, but only they are too busy. Secondary school teachers need to manage lots of ... ...
... of school at Central High School, and everybody was shouting, "Niggers, go home! Niggers, go back where you belong!" (35) Melba didn't mind them and continued walking. These quotes truly gives an example where Jeanne and Melba faced racism. Jeanne did everything in order to accept her. She never thought of giving up. Therefore, she became friends with one ... ;He and Mama looked at each other fondly for just an instant, and felt as though we were a family again. I sometimes prayed they would get back together." (154) These quotes shows that Jeanne and Melba really faced problems with the...
... fans among young people, who write to me and tell me I have been an inspiration (BettiePage.com)." Work Cited Page ~ "Official Site of Bettie Page: Quotes." BettiePage.com. November 23rd, 2003. http://www.bettiepage.com/about/quotes.html ~ "BettiePage.com." BettiePage.com. November 23rd, 2003. http://bettiepage.com/photos/color/color1.html ~ "Bettie's Story." Bettie's Story. November 23rd, 2003. http://members.tripod ... ...
... the impact that the movie had on society by saying that other cases of murder besides that particular one had occurred because of the movie. Grisham also uses some strong quotes to get his point across. In all good arguments a solution to the problem is often offered and Grisham did this. Grisham's strongest weapon in the entire essay was the fact ... debt on our nation. Also, the ratio between the amount of students enrolled in classes and the amount of jobs there are makes a strong point in favor of Henry. His quotes are statements that stick in the reader's mind influencing them to t...
... sidelines as his team went on to play for a national title took a toll on Thomas, but he remained positive. He laughs, "You try walking around for months will a big Frankenstein boot on." His infectious grin returns and the cloud is immediately lifted. The road to recovery has had its ups and downs for Thomas but he admits, "The ... ...
... just too scared to ask questions. I depended on my lip reading skills. I understood or I didn't. I passed every grade with all A's, even when it was hard to lip read and take notes at the same time. Mrs. Burnett, my third grade teacher, talked to me about getting a cochlear implant. I refused. A cochlear implant is a surgical device that requires anesthesia and shaving your hair ... helped me make the decision to get my right ear done. Because I would be going to a bigger school where teachers pay less attention to you and expect you to write notes as they talk, I decided to get it. I w...
... other is the first sign of the changes to come. Even the simple things seem to signify major changes. For example, the copying of notes on the blackboard to the learning of how to take class lecture notes. College instructors often lecture non-stop, expecting students to identify the important points and note them accordingly. Good note taking skills are a must. Also ... , instructors will usually give students a study-guide before an exam. It is a student's own responsibility, however, to have taken good notes, thus making it easier to refer to the study-guide. Moving from one stage to ...
... "16 Candles," there is plenty of perfect examples of satire. Three easy, but very common, examples of satire given in the movie are having your true first crush. Secondly passing notes during class about dull things that are going on. Finally looking up the higher grades, the "Greats." Foremost, having your first crush in high school is a very big event in ... are called stalkers!). Next, the note passing during class. This is a major event that gets satirized very often. Some people, 99% girls, decide to take it upon themselves to write notes to each other about gossip, also about crus...
... teachers carefully monitor the attendance. If you are absent from a class, teachers will give you the information you missed. They will write down information for you to copy into your notes. Teachers often check your completed homework. High school teachers have been trained in teaching methods to assist imparting knowledge. They have the skills to help students any subject. College students ... , but they will assume you can perform the same task on a test. Professors want and expect you to seek help outside the classroom. They also expect you to get the notes from another student if y...
... experts in their particular area of specialization. High school students are provided with information missed when absent, unlike in college, where the professor expects the students to get the missed notes from classmates. Teachers present material on the board to be copied, whereas professors may lecture nonstop, expecting students to identify the important points in their ... notes. Studying habits must vary between high school and college classes. High school studies outside of class consist of zero to two hours a week, whereas college students must study two to ... every hour in ...
... country is threatened. Based on her own experience, she believes that all children can and, indeed, must learn to be critical thinkers in order to participate in our democracy. She notes that "there's a radical and wonderful new idea here the idea that every citizen is capable of the kind of intellectual competence previously attained by only a small minority. Meier's book is ... differently" (p. 107). Just as Central Park East shares a large building with other schools, monolithic high schools across the country may be replaced with smaller schools within a shared structure. As Meier n...
... , and the constant struggle to be "popular". Television has created and shaped our culture both in and outside of school. T.V is what portrays the image of popular culture. (Jan 5 2004, notes) With the development of the television in the nineteen fifties, comes the access to world issues and trends such as fashion and language. Because of this, television is said to ... question why they wore the clothes they did. This example can be directly related to the fashions viewed on television at the time. "Every new media changes us" (Jan 5 2004, notes), it changes the way we look, and the wa...
... experts in their particular area of specialization. High school students are provided with information missed when absent, unlike in college, where the professor expects the students to get the missed notes from classmates. Teachers present material on the board to be copied, whereas professors may lecture nonstop, expecting students to identify the important points in their ... notes. Studying habits must vary between high school and college classes. High school studies outside of class consist of zero to two hours a week, whereas college students must study two to ... every hour in ...
... that is why it is important to realize that the dimensions which shape and define that world are rooted in the social reality of the environment that surrounds them. W.I. Thomas notes in his theory of "Definition of the Situation" that, "the child is always born into a group of people among whom all the general types of situation which may arise have ... of focus. The immediate environment of the family is one that has crucial influence of the development of a child, because it can either facilitate or impede the process. As Lerner notes "the family is the major Microsystem for infant d...
... were sitting. I didn't actually want to pick a seat. In Philippines the teacher sits us in order, so I never needed to worry about that. I spent the remaining of the class taking notes from the picture created by the projector. In Philippine schools, we did not use the technology we had. We had to take ... notes as the teacher spoke. In view of the fact that it was my first day, I was baffled which hallway to use, but I managed to get to my classes without asking ... ...
... click with. I always felt like I was butting heads with the teachers. I had my own ways of remembering and learning. Whenever a teacher told me how to outline or how to take notes, I would always ask if I could do it my way, so I would remember it easily. After that, they took it as being disrespectful. While in high school, I always wanted out. I couldn ... changed my perspective of the teachers at Huntingtown High School. He did not degrade students, he always made sure that we understood content before moving on, but never babied us. Notes and homework were written in whatever format...
... , in high school the person who teaches you is your teacher, but in college they are called professors. In high school, the teachers would teach from a powerpoint, make you take notes, pass out some class work, and finally some homework that will be turned in the next day. In college it is mainly lectures and ... notes with very little to no classwork. Most of the professors do not use powerpoint during their lectures; although, they may write information on the white board. The classes are also a ... ...
... job by putting in an eight-hour day, including class and study time. This dedication will be evidenced in the student's grades. Finally, each student can create a quiz, using the notes that he took in class. Since most people would not create the exact same materials, this technique should help the student to become prepared for tests, thus ensuring coverage of ... material from the notes each "study buddy " has taken during class; the quiz method will help guide the student in determining what study techniques he should use. Being punctual shows that the person respects ... ...
... , physiology, microbiology, chemistry, nutrition, psychology and other behavioral sciences, and nursing. Course work also includes the liberal arts. I need to get an internship at a hospital as well. I need to take notes and see head on how it is and what I need to do. I can't just go to school and walk into a hospital and know what to do right off the bat ... . I need to see what its like and what I will be dealing with. The internship is going to be for one year. So for one year I will be at a hospital taking notes and just helping out as much as I can. Supervised experience is provided...
... going on at home or even the weather. One way that I learned to compensate for this shortcoming was to actually record the lecture while taking notes at the same time. This allowed me to review my notes in my spare time and at the same time listen again to the lecture to see if I missed anything. Grouper or Stringer : This area truly ... ...