No results matched every word — showing papers matching any of them.
... whose journeys by life exemplified the struggles, instability, and turbulence of the real west. Barnes and Hale explored their own experiences in the American West through writing their personal memoirs. Kim Barnes" In the Wilderness; Coming of Age in Unknown Country delved into her childhood and adolescence as a logger's daughter in northern Idaho. In Bloodlines; Odyssey of a Native Daughter, Janet ... much as her mother was. Barnes" relationship with her father was more strained than her interaction with her mother. Mr. Barnes was the authoritarian and disciplinarian in the household...
... . Another reason why family lifestyle is a cause to teen violence is, if the teenager is abandoned at a young age than there is no one to teach him wrong and right (Kim 82). Page #2 There are many different situations that can occur in school that can cause teenagers to do violent things. When a student has an argument with other students or a teacher ... lives in a bad neighborhood, where violent acts are going on all the time (besides for when he is in his house) and he will most probably be influenced by it (Kim 81). As a teenager sees more and more negative behavior happening daily i...
... and the authors of them, despite what many people think, are not out to corrupt children. Some people take a different view on this issue and believe that many books, from classic novels like the "Catcher in the Rye" to the recent award-winning "Harry Potter", have objectionable subject matters that should not be used in the classroom. In schools around the ... back of the library shelf. Students may check it out if they wish to do so, however, the book will no longer be required, and therefore will undeniably dwindle from classic teenage reading. The school principle, Terry Saul, justi...
... up about it and her story in general that she had to leave the room, which is why she left such a mark on me. The next person who spoke was Kim. Kim loved music and loved to rap. She lived a very hard life, her mother was young and just trying to support her and her siblings by working 24/7. She would be ... ...
... children and college students. About half of the high schoolers interviewed use the Internet regularly, mostly for e-mail and entertainment. College students are more likely to make purchases online. Sang Kim, a sophomore at Northwestern University, said he orders movie tickets, clothes, computer accessories, airline and train tickets off the Web. He also uses the Internet for news, research and personal banking ... their parents' values "pretty closely" or "very closely." "I look up to my parents because they have acheived so much given their condition, and I admire how they live their...
... superintendent and state legislature will recognize schools that meet the challenge, and the most innovative districts will get $2,000 apiece as part of a grant from a New Hampshire-based dairy company." (Kim Severson, Chronicle Staff Writer) These are great steps towards giving our children better and healthier lives. I can only hope that this will encourage other schools to follow good strategies as ... voices heard. Lawrence, Steve. "Bill restricting sales at schools sent to governor" August 29, 2003 www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2003/08/29/1/03 Severson, Kim....
... . After his death he was all but forgotten for 200 years until his works were discovered early in this century. The Four Seasons, his most famous work, has become a true classic in the modern world and has remained a popular piece until this day. Indeed, Vivaldi's masterpiece was proudly presented by Paramount High School String Orchestra in the Orchestra Exchange Concert as ... introduced. Following the motive is the solo violin with birdlike trills and high running scales, accompanied by the rest of the orchestra. Vivaldi had made a wise use in adding staccato notes, trills, and runnin...
... I must have done something right. For my other classes I rarely read the material. I would go to class and take notes on the lecture. When it was time for the test I would study my notes. Occasionally I would look up material if I needed a better understanding of the material. For the most part though I passed the ... point that I saw no point in reading because I would not learn the information anyway. I felt I comprehend material much better when I listen to a lecture and take notes. That is how I got through college, of course my grades could have been better, but I made it. Today I a...
... for information in thick thousand-page books. The process of learning has gone beyond learning from textbooks to a much larger and easier storage unit of information. Computers allow for taking notes faster during class and being able to organize them in anyway you choose. They allow for faster research and faster learning capabilities. Not only are computers beneficial to students but ... sat there watching we participated as if the teacher in the video was sitting in that classroom with us. Another example is my chemistry class. Instead of using her own notes on specific topics, my te...
... be puzzled when they first deal with a new things, but in the next time, they can solve the problem easier. Some students go to tutorial schools because of the lecture notes and tips for examination. In every tutorial school, each tutor has a team working with him. The team search for the usable resources and put them into the ... notes. Admittedly, these notes are useful for students but why a secondary school cant give such beautiful notes to the students? Not because the teachers are lazy, but only they are too busy. Secondary school teachers need to manage lots of ... ...
... my arm so tightly, I knew it would be bruised the next day. "They said they will kill me if I don't give them the money! Tommy and Chuckie cut me off! Kim-Kimi said that I need help! That's what I'm trying to do! Th-That." " I snatched my arm away. I should have told her yes. For a while, I gave her money to save her ... ...
... is no evidence that vouchers improve student learning. Every serious study of voucher plans concludes that vouchers don't improve student achievement. The official study of Cleveland's voucher program, by Dr. Kim Metcalf, found no achievement gains for voucher students compared to students in the public schools. The official evaluator of the Milwaukee voucher plan, Professor John Witte, found no improvements in ... ...
... , and his older sister's name is Pearl. On August 14, 1959 ErvinMagic? Johnson was born to Ervin and Christine Johnson. ErvinMagic? Johnson also has three younger sister's. Their names are Kim, Eveyln and Yvonne. Out of his three sister's Eveyln and Yvonne are twins. As Magic Jr. was growing up he went to two different schools. The schools he went to ... ...
... school history. #2, Alex Bowman, is a junior out of Kilgore college. She went Dobie High in Houston. She is 5-10 and plays the guard/forward position for the Lady Jacks. #22, Kim Branch, is a 5-7 sophomore and plays the guard position. She is out of Wortham High in Wortham, TX . #15, Zedralyn Butler, is a junior from Tyler Junior College, who is 6-1 and plays ... ...
... , where education system followed the Dutch system, I had to memorize the names of all the world's major cities, from Los Angeles to Baghdad because my geography class teacher, Ki-ho Kim, followed school guidelines but not his own enthusiasm. I could not understand why I had to memorize the names of all the cities even if I can know whenever I want. It discouraged me ... ...
... that you can't take time to meditate or read some scripture before going to bed. Eliminating time with God from your schedule stunts your growth and relationship with God. Jimmy Kim, a sophomore, agrees that "God was pushed aside and delayed until later because I always had something else going on. Unfortunately, "later" never came and my devotional time rapidly decreased. As a result ... ...
... Heckerling and Emma by Jane Austen is immense. Critics argue that Clueless is a "dumbing down" of Emma, reducing a timeless classic to a degrading, superficial and hardly distinguishable adaptation, taking away from it's historical, cultural and social significance. I feel that Heckerling has turned this classic into not only a multi layered social and cultural commentary in relation to our context but has added an extra ... in the same way and form of the novel to film. In essence then, the transformation from the novel Emma to the film Clueless gives a new and intriguing twist on a cl...
... her to leave the party with him, she immediately refuses his offers. Over the course of the summer she begins pulling away from Lanisha and Maria and begins hanging with Kim and Keshia because she feels that they are more in tune with her ambitions. After a while she begins acting snobbish toward Maria and suggests that she is stupid and does ... ...
... just too scared to ask questions. I depended on my lip reading skills. I understood or I didn't. I passed every grade with all A's, even when it was hard to lip read and take notes at the same time. Mrs. Burnett, my third grade teacher, talked to me about getting a cochlear implant. I refused. A cochlear implant is a surgical device that requires anesthesia and shaving your hair ... helped me make the decision to get my right ear done. Because I would be going to a bigger school where teachers pay less attention to you and expect you to write notes as they talk, I decided to get it. I w...
... other is the first sign of the changes to come. Even the simple things seem to signify major changes. For example, the copying of notes on the blackboard to the learning of how to take class lecture notes. College instructors often lecture non-stop, expecting students to identify the important points and note them accordingly. Good note taking skills are a must. Also ... , instructors will usually give students a study-guide before an exam. It is a student's own responsibility, however, to have taken good notes, thus making it easier to refer to the study-guide. Moving from one stage to ...
... "16 Candles," there is plenty of perfect examples of satire. Three easy, but very common, examples of satire given in the movie are having your true first crush. Secondly passing notes during class about dull things that are going on. Finally looking up the higher grades, the "Greats." Foremost, having your first crush in high school is a very big event in ... are called stalkers!). Next, the note passing during class. This is a major event that gets satirized very often. Some people, 99% girls, decide to take it upon themselves to write notes to each other about gossip, also about crus...
... teachers carefully monitor the attendance. If you are absent from a class, teachers will give you the information you missed. They will write down information for you to copy into your notes. Teachers often check your completed homework. High school teachers have been trained in teaching methods to assist imparting knowledge. They have the skills to help students any subject. College students ... , but they will assume you can perform the same task on a test. Professors want and expect you to seek help outside the classroom. They also expect you to get the notes from another student if y...
... experts in their particular area of specialization. High school students are provided with information missed when absent, unlike in college, where the professor expects the students to get the missed notes from classmates. Teachers present material on the board to be copied, whereas professors may lecture nonstop, expecting students to identify the important points in their ... notes. Studying habits must vary between high school and college classes. High school studies outside of class consist of zero to two hours a week, whereas college students must study two to ... every hour in ...
... country is threatened. Based on her own experience, she believes that all children can and, indeed, must learn to be critical thinkers in order to participate in our democracy. She notes that "there's a radical and wonderful new idea here the idea that every citizen is capable of the kind of intellectual competence previously attained by only a small minority. Meier's book is ... differently" (p. 107). Just as Central Park East shares a large building with other schools, monolithic high schools across the country may be replaced with smaller schools within a shared structure. As Meier n...