No results matched every word — showing papers matching any of them.
... my locker upstairs just as the high pitched bell rang for the beginning of class. "Shit!" I mumble under my breath. My stomach twists until I begin to feel nauseous, first day of school and I'm already going to be tardy. It wasn't long before the high pitched bell alerted the arrival of lunch. After grabbing the bag with the food my ... planned on finding a place to sit where I wouldn't be too noticed. "Hey Kat!" I hear a guy's voice call behind me. Whipping my head around in attempt to find the first person who had spoken to me all day, I see a guy waving at me. "Uh hey." I say wearily...
It was my 13th birthday when I bought my first guitar. It was a Sisonics black electric. I bought it off one of my best friends, Tom for $32. It was probably the best thing I have ever done with my life. It ... opened up new things into my world and I realized I had a great talent. Playing guitar is a passion I have that I never want to lose. At first I thought it was too hard, and with what little patience I have, I was always getting angry thinking I sucked. But as I got older and put more time and effort into it I realized ... and I went outside a few days later, and smashed my Sisonics ...
... Pacific and Scott Streets in Monterey.  This is the probably the most valuable historic old landmark left to State of California and very first public dramatic entertainment given to the people on the Pacific Coast ( File 43 ). This building was originally built in 1844 by a man ... and Tops". "This company gave two minstrel performances in the disused dining room of Jack's building "(Historical Survey 1937) . "This was undoubtedly the first effort at minstrelsy on the Pacific Coast" ( Historical Survey 1937). After the Mexican War was over and Stevenson's regiment of New York Voluntee...
... eliminating the greed and ignorance from their lives. Buddhism arose during the fifth century BCE in India and is currently practiced by approximately 500 million people throughout the world. Buddhism first spread to the western world in the second half of the nineteenth century when Chinese immigrants settled in Hawaii and California. These immigrants built temples to practice Mahayana Buddhism, and ... among artistic groups, and new departments of Buddhist studies were established in universities. Today, approximately 3 million Americans identify as Buddhists. Buddhism's aim to end su...
... 1989, children born to parents of different races increased from 1% of total births to 3.4%. There has also been an increase in births to Japanese and White parents. There are now 39% more births to Japanese-White parents than births to Japanese-Japanese parents (in the U.S.). Between 1968 and 1989, Chinese-White births more than tripled (from 1,000 to over 3,800). From ... going into interracial marriages are prepared for a rocky road and are prepared to stick with it, while same race couples may have not experienced that same adversity, and at the first sign of struggle, back out of t...
... National Restaurant Association conducted a survey in 1996 that showed more than 62% of all Americans choose smoke-free restaurants over ones that allow smoking. A 1996 Angus Reid poll found that 39% of people would eat at a smoke-free restaurant more often, 46% said they wouldn't change their normal habits, and 16% said they would eat out less often. Some restaurants are ... as well as business. Based on sales receipts from restaurants in New York City, researchers found that sales have actually risen two percent since January of 1995, when the ban first went into effect. The studies s...
... Joads had to leave their farm after being evicted. The bad farming conditions ruined their crops, and therefore, they did not have enough money to withhold their land. (French 34-39) Along with many other migrants at the time, they traveled to California in search for a better life, where they could obtain new jobs and provide for their family. However, it ... their search for work, and attempting as much as possible to come to terms with these people's essential characteristics. Leaving them, he made several trips to various camps to observe first-hand the living and working conditions...
... statutory accomplishments reveal some of her views on our environment. Her choices in legislature involve the continued preservation of our environment. Feinstein supports the fuel economy standards changed, creating congress's first act on global warming, the over 7,000,000 acres of California Desert being declared a reserve, and CALFED. There is now an increase in the standard fuel economy for "cars ... ...
... makes people believe in them. For example, sometimes I watch a show called Ghost Hunter/Busters, paranormal investigators uses high technologies to detect and communicate with the dead living around us. The first equipment that are needed to detect ghosts or spirits is the Electromagnetic Fields Meter, it reads the presence or movements that ghosts are disrupting and making affect around the field ... ...
... Action. Many wanted schools to be integrated, and saw a need to have rules regulating how many people of each race attended a school. This was the reason why Affirmative Action was first brought up in 1935. Americans believed that blacks and whites needed equal chances. (Affirmative Action 3). These standards were set in a different time period, when blacks and whites were struggling for ... ...
... in that sense. Getting a bachelor's degree in criminal justice, getting hired on by a police agency, and moving out of my parents' house are my three main goals. To begin, my first goal is to get my bachelor's degree is criminal justice from the University of Nevada, Reno. One of the reasons why this is an important goal for me to accomplish ... ...
... cages and feed the animals among other tasks. The medical staff in the Chimpanzee Sanctuary will be of utmost priority. The team will be recruited from state veterinary hospitals. The first year of operation will be marked with voluntary services outsourced from the people of California. The rangers from two zoos and orphanages within the state will assist in creating rescue ... ...
... As a public resource, water supply market is natural monopoly. Petra, H., Walter, I., & Peter, D. (2013) showed that the water demand curve usually slopes downward because the marginal value of water used is first high and then slow down. The water supply curve slopes upward due to the increasing marginal cost as the quantities of water increases. There is an initial equilibrium in the ... ...
... for land, and gold. In California, after the discovery of gold in1848 native Indian populations of northern California began to disappear by the massive upheavals that followed. When the Spaniards first came to the area many years before the local native populations thrived. They numbered as many as 300,000 in that region of the country, but by the time of ... ...
... of us really go out of our way to change things for the better. We as a society act on negative situations rather than preventing the bad from happening in the first place. Based on these facts, we need to help the agriculture businesses out financially so we can help mother earth. Because if we don't step up and pay the miniscule ... ...
... how they helped shape what California is today. They are very important topics about California. While I was reading some of the articles it had mentioned how Los Angeles was the first city created based upon the automobile and that a part of the reason why Los Angeles is so big is because of the railroads having a main station there. This journal contributes ... ...
... that students most likely cannot join clubs and organizations because they hold meetings during class times. This started out as a personal trouble. I did not feel as though I was lying at first, but I was not being honest which goes against my moral standards. This soon became a public issue as more and more students and parents called in to discuss the program. I have ... ...
... would make the Wednesday evening practices, every once in a while, but were unable to fully commit to the team officially. The underlying demeanor of the Special Olympics organization is a person-first approach by allowing extra time for that individual to make his or her own choice. Within the rhythmic gymnastic program there are four categories of skills that need to be ... ...
... a life of struggle, bloodshed, and hard work, the families in Rain of Gold arrive in America. However, even in America Lupe's family still had to jump through hurdles and at first, life wasn't as effortless as they had previously hoped. For example, Lupe was unable to attend school for a while after coming to the United States. It is expressed in the ... ...
... , the 100-Mile Diet, or simply eating local. These terms all refer to the growing trend of purchasing food that has been grown and processed in one's own community. At first glance, this seems completely contrary to the pride we have taken in the past to be able to get foods from all over the world anytime we want. We can ... ...
... the job of consuming waste material and removal of nitrogen the water flows to this secondary clarification where a small amount of aluminum sulfate is introduced as the water leaves. Water first enters the plant at the headworks where it receives heavy mechanical screening. Bar rake screens trap large debris and screen wastewater. The water then leaves the headworks and flows into ... ...
... through the mother smoking and the effects are just as harmful. Smoking while one is pregnant can cause the unborn child problems before the child is able to take its first breath on its own. Smoking can cause low birth weight and complications during pregnancy. Sudden Infant Death Syndrome is another risk for an unborn child after birth (http://www.islamset ... ...
... cleaning our streets of criminals and deterring future crime. The law requires that if an offender is convicted of any felony (second strike) and has a previous "violent or serious felony" (first strike) the court is required to sentence the offender to twice the normal sentence. In addition to this "second strike rule", offenders who commit a third felony (third strike) after already ... ...
... high school graduates go to college in California. Also, shutting down health clinics is a huge mistake. Health clinics are for the public when they need medicine, shots to prevent diseases, first aid, or other treatment. Health is a very important factor. If California closed off these health clinics, then good health will not be available to the public. The Californians were disgusted ... ...