No results matched every word — showing papers matching any of them.
... of two and a half million dollars is in the air. The tension at the table can be cut with a knife. Phil gets up from his seat, glares across at Johnny, and makes his move. The name is Texas Hold"em. Texas Hold"em is a game which matches wits against an opponent. It's known as the ... game which tests a person's intestinal fortitude. The game is played with two cards face down to each participant. The object of the game is to make the best five card hand. A round of betting ensues then three cards are placed face up, and each participant can use them. Another round of betting and another...
... used to catch the readers" attention. These ads appeal to many different age groups. The first ad is aimed toward men between the ages of eighteen years old to thirty- five years old. The reason I say this is due to the fact that I got the ad out of For Him Magazine (FHM). The women in bikinis also make it ... is more for the active smoker the ones who go out a lot and do active things. In the first ad, the focal point is the word Winston in caps across the center of the page. But there are a few more things that stick out; for one the girl laying out in the front of the picture is quit...
... they were sitting, "Me", I said loudly as I pointed to my chest, "Si", said the little girl while shaking her head up and down. I walked across the street and sat on the steps. One of the girls spoke the most broken English out of all of them; she seemed to be the overall interpreter for ... with big smiles on our faces. An older woman came out the door that faced us directly across the street, and called for them to come inside the house. The girls jumped up off the steps and bolted across the street like professional runners in a relay race. "Slam", the door to the apartment closed ....
... the wheel of the leading car sported a helmet, and painted in red lettering on the side of the helmet was the name "MAX". Max reached across the seat and pulled out a sawed-off shotgun, and after putting it out the window shot a round back at the following pack of cars. ... Immediately, one car at the back swerved dangerously and rolled several times before bursting into flames broadcasting pieces of shrapnel across the barren wasteland. The pack of cars was quickly approaching a deep canyon; they would have to break hard immediately to avoid careening over the edge ... mass loomed up, "...
... red light," until the car is real close. Then at the last second he or she yells green light and everyone bolts across the road in front of the car. The point is to run across the road fast enough so the car slams on the brakes, but also out in front of the car so one gets ... us were paying much attention to anything. Out of nowhere, I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I looked, and it was a dark figure sprinting at us from across the road. The figure wasn't big, it looked to be under about 5"8", but that didn't matter. All I heard was footsteps, and could see someone running at...
... makes my blood boil -- my eldest brother fearfully clanging and clanging the gate, and nobody to let him in. Most wouldn't have waited a second, but he waited five, ten, fifteen minutes, knocking at thai gate, begging to be let in. I couldn't have it!" In the end the two brothers rode back to Sta. Mesa, ... to Zapote one day when her father was out and persuaded her to come out to the yard but could not make her make the money he offered across the locked gate. "Just mail it," she cried and fled into the house. He sent her a check by registered mail; it was promptly mailed ... contingent...
... had been building up throughout the morning. The only bonus was that my event started in about two and a half hours, which meant I only had to wait through the forty-five minute lunch break and the prelims for the boys one hundred ten meter hurdles and the girls one hundred meter hurdles. During the forty ... -five minute lunch break I didn't eat much due to the fact that my event was coming up soon. After the break I gathered up my high jump spikes and jersey so that I could walk across the football field so that I could start stretching and warming up as I watched all ... one took the...
... themselves," says Henry (Henry, p. 137). Henry believes that he has a solution to the problem, "My modest proposal is this: Let us reduce, over perhaps a five-year span, the number of high school graduates who go on to college from nearly 60% to a still generous 33%" (Henry, p. 139). To support his ... movie, Natural Born Killers, Grisham argues that the two teen-agers were motivated to kill. For the movie depicts two drugged up lovers who drive across the country killing people, and having fun doing it. The two seem to enjoy killing, and in the end get away with it. Grisham says ... say...
... of him to her when they were alone together. She loved him for the way he sat loosely in a chair, for the way he came in a door, or moved slowly across the room with long strides. She loved intent, far look in his eyes when they rested in her, the funny shape of the mouth, and especially the way he remained ... you." "What is it, darling? What's the matter?" He had now become absolutely motionless, and he kept his head down so that the light from the lamp beside him fell across the upper part of his face, leaving the chin and mouth in shadow. She noticed there was a little muscle moving...
... iron under his seat because "bad characters always keep tire irons under the driver's seat" (114). The narrator swings the tire iron at the greasy character and it strikes him across his ear. The man collapses from the blow. The instant before the narrator swings the tire iron at the greasy man, he had already begun to imagine the conversation between ... flee the scene. The narrator bolts into the undergrowth at the lake's edge. Before he realizes what he is doing, he is knee-deep in water and decides to swim across the lake to take refuge in the thick woods on the other side. As he st...
... iron under his seat because "bad characters always keep tire irons under the driver's seat" (114). The narrator swings the tire iron at the greasy character and it strikes him across his ear. The man collapses from the blow. The instant before the narrator swings the tire iron at the greasy man, he had already begun to imagine the conversation between ... flee the scene. The narrator bolts into the undergrowth at the lake's edge. Before he realizes what he is doing, he is knee-deep in water and decides to swim across the lake to take refuge in the thick woods on the other side. As he st...
... 51). I was skeptical , until I saw them too (Misage 32)". Art Bell, another resident of Rachel, Nevada, owns a radio show which gets 10 million listeners a night, and airs over 400 stations across the United States. His front door is just 45 miles away from Area 51. Everyday, Bell sees helicopters flying through the sky, and disappearing over the hills into Area 51 ... saw what they believed to be a flying object. He described it as a triangular craft with a strobing red light on front and white lights on each back point. For five minutes it flew across the Nevada Sky, then disappeared ...
... really look at it you need public for a job, sports, parents, and teaching, just to name a few. The list can go on for hours. The point I am trying to get across is without public speaking ability, you will be a lost cause. I hate public speaking, but if I am going to be successful in life I need to have a grasp of what it can ... the body. You need to have information to back up what you are trying to say. In a common speech there are usually three main points that you want to get across. They are very broad and you have to elaborate on them. You do this by sub points of your main poin...
... my best friend, Jessica, that had moved to Myrtle Beach, SC in eighth grade. I had just gotten my license in June so my parents did not want me to drive five hours away from home. So, my parents decided to meet Jessica and her parents half way, in Rockingham. After a short lunch at Wendy's in Rockingham I joined Jessica's family in their ... the sidewalk like kids on a playground and we could hear ear piercing screams coming from everywhere around us. It was about that time that we heard a loud beeping noise come across the radio. In just a few seconds a lady said in a very frantic voic...
... . The lake has been dried up for over a hundred years and used to be the largest lake in Texas. As punishment, the boys must each dig a hole a day, five feet deep and five feet across. There is only one rule at the camp and that is if you don't bother the snakes and scorpions, then they won't bother you. The worst thing is ... ...
... -wheel drive beyond this point. We flipped a U-turn, headed inland a bit, and parked the truck. It was nearly five o"clock in the morning so we pretty much crashed out and called it a night. We awoke to four wheelers and motor crossers speeding across the coastline roaring away at full throttle; how annoying. It was somewhere around ten in the morning so with ... five hours of sleep the whole day we were pretty worn out. Well we found out Pismo itself isn't all that exciting ... ...
... 2002. I had never even heard of it till I saw it tonight. Maybe it's because I live alone in a cave in South Carolina....anyways....on with the review! Plot 8/10: We get five people who get paid 1 million dollars by an internet site to broadcast and stay in a house in the middle of the freezing, snowy mountains for 1 year without breaking a curfew. Simple ... the weakest spot of the movie. IT COULD HAVE EASILY BEEN FIXED TOO! The script had WAY too much chatty life stories and not enough slashers! Four out of the five contestants were just plain bad and belong in no budget film for the ...
... . After the unforgiving half hour of the ever reoccurring question of doom: "Can we go now?- she finally decided to give in and take us to the playground. What took five minutes, seemed like an eternity trapped in the upholstered hell hole of the back seat. And then, ten years later, we arrived at the much anticipated playground utopia. I cared not ... game, Cory had to go first. He pulled off a simple, yet stylish jump from the top of the slide. I had expected him to start out with something elementary like going across the monkey bars on every other one; no he started out with his "A- ...
... space the cabinets and countertop began. I loved to stand between the counter and the dryer, push myself up with my hands, lift my feet, and swing. One this day my five year old cousin Chrissy, who looked just like me but in mini size, stood behind me and while in mid swing, she shoved me. I can still remember her little hands ... I was taken care of. My mom says they only brought me back because I lost so much blood I almost blead out right there. All I remember about waiting was that I was right across from the vending machines and all I could think about was the chips and cookies and...
... . Getting fed up with listening to the constant yowling, Nick decided to go on with his normal Saturday routine. After getting dressed, he left his apartment and made his way across the street to the deli. Sandy's Sandwich Shop sold the best bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits in the whole town. Every Saturday, Nick bought two of those sandwiches and a coffee ... , "Am I becoming psychotic or did you just talk? I feel like I'm just going crazy but with everything that is going on today I can't be sure and you were just a normal cat five minutes ago but now you're almost half my size and now I...
... her basketball career, Monica never stepped back to realize what her mother gave up for her. Conflict occurred between the two characters while the audience watched Monica's mother slap her across her face in disgust. Monica and her mother had been following a script format for their entire relationship and what they truly felt was evolving now. The script was basically staying ... movie Monica is faced with a challenge unlike anything she's faced; she now realizes the love of her life Quincy is following his heart to someone else. Monica recognizes her faults five years to late in her ...
... the neighborhood, including his two brothers, Sodapop and Darry. In a fight against the socials, the enemy of the greasers, Ponyboy and another member of the greasers named Johnny were outnumbered five-two. In order to save Ponyboy's life, Johnny killed a member of the socials named Bob. This proves that gang life can lead to death. After Johnny killed Bob, they went ... gathered around, Ponyboy and Johnny realized that there were children trapped inside. They both went in to rescue them. As they made their way out, a piece of timber caught him across the back and he was burned very bad...
Big Brother So the carnival began, and a moderately interesting idea became a national obsession, oh well. Big Brother, trash television at its pinnacle, a dream come true for voyeurs across the world. It is the perfect opportunity for those who lack any meaning in their pitiful lives to attach themselves to up and coming "celebrities". But maybe it's just me? ... nation was fascinated by the house. However, since the end of the fist series Channel 4 seems to be milking the cash cow beyond belief. It is seemingly impossible to watch five minutes of the allotted air time without them getting ...
... work, but holding the knife for a long time made them sore. But as time passed her hands became hard, tough, and rough. On a good night Greta would make four or five brooms. When Greta had two hundred and forty brooms she decided that it was time to sell them. After the pleasant drive, Greta arrived in the village. The first store ... all the new things she could buy for her son and for her farm. She never once thought about herself. Once the snow began to fly, she could not see across the river. Eventually the barely visible path she was following vanished and she had to have faith in ...