No results matched every word — showing papers matching any of them.
... that can be interpreted in many different ways. The words are very meaningful and moving. This is not your typical love song, although nothing Ozzy does is considered ordinary. The lyrics are about love, but not being in love. It's about loving each other and loving the earth. People will always be there, they will always be around and we should ... to love any more then we love today? If we want the world to be better for our family in the future then we have to start acting now. The lyrics to this song are very passionate, and have a deep meaning if you take the time to listen to them...
... bundle them up to take them home I can feel myself smile. There are people far worse off than I. Writers Journal The idea for the story "In the Park" came from Gwen Harwood's poem of the same name. Harwood's poem deals with the issue of single parenting and looks at a woman whose life is going through the motions without ever feeling fulfilled ... ...
... release all my negative energy. This way I can sing at my leisure and not have to worry about anyone correcting me or caring if I am off tone with the song. Lyrics to a song are also important to me if I want to relax. I can not fully lie back and feel at peace with myself if I am hearing ... lyrics that are full of dirty language and bad words. In order for me to relax, I need to play the music softbaly because otherwise the words overpower my thoughs, and drain ... to sleep or set me in a mellow mood. A mood that I am looking for if I am trying to relax. I find that love songs are t...
... I chose were from "Somewhere I Belong" by Linkin Park. These song lyrics that I chose are suitable to be studied in class for many reasons mainly because they contain many important issues that could relate to Yr 10 students. The song "Somewhere I Belong" ... of time. Since it is a song, it can be enjoyed in many different ways either by simply listening to the music or by focusing on the deeper meanings behind the lyrics and because of this, it is therefore a very good song which could be studied by Year 10 students in English. ...
... to that loss, and she spoke of the joy of her first born, attracting an audience of all ages, and from different genres of music. It was a mix of soulful lyrics, and hip-hop beats. Her audience waited three years before she released MTV Unplugged 2.0, and when it dropped, it didn't climb up the charts, and in fact it climbed nowhere ... her emotional instability, and how much in love she is with this person. Most songs in The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill, deal with her coping with a love gone wrong. Her lyrics in the first album, allow her audience to feel her pain through the heart of a...
... ; however she is very concerned because is also worried about the message being sent out to the people. Since rap has a great beat, many times people don't listen to the lyrics which are generally about violence, anger and sex. Rap listener's increases everyday; therefore the repeated sounds and messages sensitize our brain to see the violence, anger and sex as a normal ... action. Finch, suggest that the lyrics should change to inspire a positive new message. Angela Ards, views rap as a positive force because many gangs settle arguments through lyrical battles and break-dancing competit...
... but they all have such a great meaning even though some are sad, they still have a beat, like, "Like a Rolling Stone" it's a great song to tap your foot to but the lyrics are so strong and meaningful. I also love when Dylan adds the harmonica in because it just sounds so good and makes the song even more enjoyable then it already was ... . I thought that I really wasn't going to be interested in him at all, but now I almost cant stop listening to him. His songs just have such meaning and his choices of lyrics are just so powerful. After liking to Dylan's style of music I know have learne...
... work. I would think to myself why am I here? I want to be in a studio singing and doing my own thing." During her breaks at work she would sit down and write lyrics to her songs so it would help her get stuff off her mind and to keep on working no matter what kind of day she was having. (Croft) Mariah had ... number on the tape. She wasn't sure what was going to happen now. (Handelman) During the ride home Tommy took the tape and listen to it. Mariah's voice and her lyrics swept him away. Two songs into the tape and Tommy told the limo driver to turn around and go back to the party. Whe...
... . But although it is really important. Every day that went by I was that shy and scared person to even step up for myself. I just wanted to fit in with the cool and popular kids at school. But each day that went by I wondered why I lived the way I did and I went after finding my true identity. Finding your true identity can bring ... of me that had me scared. Furthermore, finding your true identity or true self may be difficult, especially when you're doing other people's homework, just to fit in some cool and popular group at school. Was it fair? No! For example, it was one early mornin...
At first when I started this story I thought it was just something that was written by some crazy lady, but actually I really liked it. It was way cool how she turned out to be the woman in the wallpaper. I knew that the paper represented her a few pages before the end of the article, but I didn't realize that the ... author was actually going to refer to the woman she saw as I. It was cool how she was determined to rip down the paper and in a sense break free of the "bars" that had been created for her. I didn't understand why she was creeping though ... the woman was herself she went crazy...
... ." In the film breakfast club Andrew made a series of mistakes he regrated. Andrew "tortured this poor kid" because he wanted his "father to think he was cool." He felt that his father "was disappointed that he never cut loose on anyone." His father put pressure on Andrew to make sure he was ... cool, like he was is school and do well at his sports he did to make him proud. Although we and others make choices for us there are various things out ... ...
... she came at me with a wrong and sideways manner, but also felt a little better because I knew that she wasn't over me just yet. I tried to stay calm and keep my cool by telling her that I wasn't her man any more, and vise versa, but she kept on getting loud with me about what she had heard about me being at the ... on my spot in her car (passenger seat), but I tried not to show it. We started arguing all over again, but this time she ended the argument by saying, "That's cool though, cause I have me another man anyways." That little comment that she made got to me, so I told her to get ...
... back, I promise." he said and was gone out the door before Amy had time to protest. She ran to the kitchen window where she saw Toby stumble around in the cool night. He stooped down over the body of the small cardinal, looked around and then disappeared from sight. A moment later he walked in through the kitchen doors. "Well I saw the ... air. "The knife, where was the knife?" she screamed inside her head. Out of the corner of her eye she saw the light from the setting sun reflect off its cool steel. She stretched out her arm, clawing at he ground. Her fingers inched closer and closer ...
... began to smoke cigarettes. They weren't in my closest group of friends, but I was still very friendly with them. More and more people started to join too, thinking it was cool. They approached me several times and asked me to join. Each time I turned them away. I knew the dangers of smoking. This happened to be right in the middle of basketball ... if I did, it was in a controlled environment. It became a problem when my core group of friends started hanging out with them a lot more. They didn't smoke, but I guess they felt cool hanging out with people who did. Now my best friends were ...
... routine: I would head for the back deck, plop down in my lawn chair, and prop my feet up on the railing. The air smelled fresh, clean, and salty as the cool breeze swept through my body. I could finally relax and enjoy life while the ocean's beauty captivated me. It seemed like everyone who sat in their cozy cottages overlooking the ocean ... seemed that together we were appreciating the atmosphere distinctively. As the sun began to set, I put on my capri pants and headed straight towards shore. I walked for miles as the cool ocean struck against my ankles. I felt rejuvenated while I ad...
... matter how hard I try, I can not walk in a straight line. I keep veering off to the right into the grass. Walking in a straight line just isn't an option for me. The cool shade from the trees is giving me temporary relief from the sun as the breeze flirts with the leaves. It is very quiet and peaceful besides the constant chatter from ... seem so far away from each other. As we continue our walk around the swimming pool area I can hear the swimmers splashing around in the water. The water sounds really cool and refreshing. It is really making me thirsty. It seems as if we have finally m...
... very sour or bitter. Keep stirring till the water, sugar, and juice are spread equally. Turn off the stove and carefully put the pan off the stove so it could cool off. The third step is very easy. Obtain around 7 cups of ice or more. Put it in the blender, and crush it into small chunks of ice. Repeat this process ... with adding water, pour the juice with the crush ice. Do not stir, but instead shake. Stirring causes the ice to evaporate. It is now finish and time to enjoy a cool and soothing drink. Lemonade was said to be the easiest way to make money, because everyone loves it. The ...
... going to spend the afternoon lounging lazily in the crystal clear water. As I jumped in I instantly felt refreshing rush of the cold water on my body. We floated in the cool waters of lake Havasu for an hour when I noticed someone climbing the side of the canyon. I instantly turned my attention to this kid that had begun to climb the canyon ... right then I noticed that 65 feet doesn't seem that high when I saw it from the water but when I got up there it seemed like 65 stories. I stood there with the cool breeze blowing on my wet bathing suit, totally oblivious to anything but the plac...
... tomboy. I had dark hair with the bowl-cut hairstyle; this was popular for boys my age. I wore large sports T-shirts and baggy shorts with extremely dirty sneakers. I thought I was so cool. Everyone would know now for sure when I arrived at their door with the most fabulous pair of skates. It was a beautiful Saturday morning in mid-autumn and I was sitting on ... , I dried my wet eyes and attempted to pull myself together. I rubbed my hands on my shorts to relieve the burn. I made my way slowly up the driveway and onto the cool porch. There I sat for a few minutes, pressing my hands on th...
Stress Management I like to think of myself as someone whom handles stress in a good way most of the time. I always try to stay calm, cool, and collective no matter what situation I may be thrown into. There are some things that tend to get to me more than others however. Just like everybody sometimes things just ... after. I have leaned the hard way from a very young age it isn't good to bottle things up. Getting stuff out of your system is important if you want stay calm, cool, and collective. Finding a way to vent things can be really hard but it is really important. ...
... back, I promise." he said and was gone out the door before Vivian had time to protest. She ran to the kitchen window where she saw Jake stumble around in the cool night, he stooped down over the body of the small cardinal, looked about himself and then disappeared from sight. A moment later he walked in through the kitchen doors. "Well I saw ... , the knife where was the knife? She screamed inside her head. Out of the corner of her eye she saw the light from the setting sun reflect off of it's cool steel. She sprawled out her arm, clawing at he ground, her fingers inching closer and clos...
... introvert because I don't usually reveal what is inside of me. Through music I can let out all the mixed feelings that are bottled up. Being a big rap fan, in which the lyrics generally talk about society and all the issues keep me aware of what is going on and how there is no justice and no true freedom. Along with rap I listen ... ...
... anguish they are going through at the moment it could help them to feel better about themselves and others. A lot of times people find it easy to relate to the lyrics of a song and it helps to know that at one time someone went through whatever they"re going through. On the other hand someone could listen to the same song ... ...
... time. Your attributes are only what you allow them to be, and your life a struggle for serenity. There's no way to explain problems except with the fact that shit happens. Lyrics in music usually come together to communicate a feeling like any group of words do, but the thing with music is the part that words cant send that only a vibrating sound ... ...